shows you dislike?

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: shows you dislike?

Postby enchantingxrain » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:22 am

I honestly hate a teacher. I mean at some points i was like, heck ya. But just the fact that its romanticising grooming and being a predator. I know it gives all the warning and stuff, but it shows all the highs of it. I didn’t finish it just because I couldn’t. I get bringing grooming up to start a conversation, but maybe try it in some other way.
enchantingxrain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☆ ☆ ☆ » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:23 am

the office. I know a lot of people like it but it's just not funny to me hfghfgsjhdgf
hiii, i’m not active on here anymore! won’t be responding to messages or trades, sorry!
☆ ☆ ☆

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Twilight Prince » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:32 am

I agree with the dislike of the Office. It's really not a diverse cast, and it's like Park and Recs but the characters are less sympathetic and more annoying, especially the lead actor. Even the character that I tried to like, Dwight, was made irredeemable a couple of times. Whereas in Parks and Rec, I only ever hated the people I was supposed to.

I have similar feelings for Community. Though it has a more diverse cast, it's certainly more dated, and a lot more annoying with what they think is comedy and character development. I managed to appreciate one character, but when the show neglected to develop him beyond the fact that he was weird and gay, I lost interest. Also, maybe they should have censored the episode that used the t-slur along with the one they already censored where they did something very racist.
╔═══════════╗

____
Call me Twili!
Lots of Fandoms
Always looking
for roleplays,
feel free to
invite me to
one by pm!

____
╚═══════════╝
Twilight Prince

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Infinitesimal » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:09 pm

Probably the only show I disliked enough to remember it is once upon a time. It was a long time ago that I watched it so maybe I'm remembering some things wrong, but I reaaallly hated all the annoying romance drama in that one. I didn't even dislike the show at first, there was some actually really interesting parts of the story but it kept getting overshadowed by the stupid romance drama...
I actually watched quite a few seasons of it but it started to annoy me so much that I stopped
Infinitesimal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rat pack » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:11 pm

Infinitesimal wrote:Probably the only show I disliked enough to remember it is once upon a time. It was a long time ago that I watched it so maybe I'm remembering some things wrong, but I reaaallly hated all the annoying romance drama in that one. I didn't even dislike the show at first, there was some actually really interesting parts of the story but it kept getting overshadowed by the stupid romance drama...
I actually watched quite a few seasons of it but it started to annoy me so much that I stopped

despite my signature, I completely understand. I'm a sucker for anything Disney, so when I started watching it I loved it. I loved the action, the cast, the acting, the storyline but AAA. Some of the drama was so avoidable, though I guess character development would've been different. I have rewatched the show, but skipped a lot of the Emma / Killian drama episodes because I cannot stand it. I love Killian (emma not so much, I dunno, something about her is uninteresting), I wish he had more independent scenes or episodes that weren't revolved around Emma.

╔═════════════════════════════════╗
You know that place between sleep and awake
that place where you still remember dreaming?
That’s where I’ll always love you
that’s where I’ll be waiting. ©

╚═════════════════════════════════╝

rat pack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby almondespair » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:19 pm

despite how much i loved it in the past,, voltron. UGH i could talk forever about how BADLY it ended and what they did to not only the characters but the plot. a lot of people pin all the negativity on the fandom- and trust me it's valid to do so, it was a m e s s, and theres still a lot of people who need to be held accountable for what they did while the show was popular,, but anyway- the show itself became a dumpster fire after the fourth season. they did so much with no explanation or brought things in and never mentioned it again!! anytime a character would get development they would take it away two episodes later??? the relationships were messy, the pacing towards the end was garbage, and everyone became so 2D ):<
goose | they/she | adult
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ask about art trades!! <3
please use tone tags in dms

almondespair

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zebragalore » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:24 pm

I hate a lot of adult cartoons, the art styles are usually so gross to look at
┌─────┐

Zoe
She/Her
Teen
History Nerd
Autistic
| ©

└─────┘
┌──────────────┐

Always open for new friends! (Carrd in profile)
Super excited for Good Omens and OFMD s2 ahhhh

“You and me, time and space, you watch us run”

<3

No fault of the sun if the eye not see its beauty

└──────────────┘
𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐲, 𝐌𝐲 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐬𝐨𝐧
zebragalore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BALTIR » Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:08 pm

Trollhunters.

I despise this show with my whole being, I have no idea what people find so great about this show, I dont know what’s great about the poor story structure, the poorly written bland characters, the sometimes off 3d animation….etc. I just.. I’m sorry I cannot with this show. I genuinely tried to watch it and the only thing I can describe after finishing this whole series is pure intense full body reaction where my skin will actively try to shrivel and shrink inside of itself to disappear along with my face which slowly shrinks inside of itself in disgust, like a turtle trying to hide back into it’s shell.

Also. That movie? That movie that followed the show, is actually like. Genuinely the worst thing to exist. I would rather sit through a WHOLE episode of miraculous ladybug (which I hate 10x more than this dumpster fire) except holy cow. HOW DOES A MOVIE FAIL SO BADLY TO WRAP UP A 3 SEASON LONG PREMISE AND THEN COMPLETELY REVERSE IT TO THE POINT THAT EVERYTHING THE SHOW STOOD FOR, DIDN’T EVEN.. MATTER?? There is GENUINELY so much I want to complain about the movie— from the poorly and SUDDENLY shoved in character development to the rushed plot and etc.
The fact that just a few hours after being released, fans flooded to forums to complain and rant about it instantaneously should tell you what a complete disaster this movie was!! I still don’t know how they seriously released this. If anything, I feel bad for the fans. I think most of them genuinely tried to enjoy it and some did, but god, did the movie ruin everything for most of the fans I knew for the show,

Also the weird body horror “funny” segment for steve that interrupted EVERYTIME a serious scene was taking place made me want to remove my eyes.

Sorry for this rant. Remembering about this show and it’s…ugh..movie, brings fury to my veins.
Animator, Character designer, CA 26’. All art on this account is mine, sig is my drawings. [ENG/ARM]
BALTIR

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StrawhatPirate » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:44 pm

Okay, one of the top shows that I highly dislike is Degrassi… I know it has Drake, but I’m not really a fan of him either. I don’t know, that show was kind of interesting in like the first season, but then it just got waaaay too dramatic for my taste.. and I like a fair amount of drama. Plus the main cast from the first season was basically non existent as the show went on. I just stopped watching eventually and I don’t actually want to restart it.
ImageImage

StrawhatPirate

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sa⸸an » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:00 pm

Steven Universe
For a shown known as the gay show, it sure does have a problem showing decent rep that isn't toxic or abusive outright or in undertone. Like literally every character who was in nonhet relationship had it built on lies, abuse, or was in Pearls case, a strait up Servent x Master ship they'd never get away with if people read Pearl as a POC.

Like literally it apparently shows off some other identies, which are confirmed off the show or vaguely implied: Rose/Pink was the only Bisexual gem, Peridot who is a AroAce legend of a gremlin, Shep who is a one off Nonbinery character, Sadie is either Pan or Bi, Also apparently Steven and Rose... apparently that whole mess is a transmasc allegory which comes across as really gross to me when I read the show as a bunch of lesbians- some of them reading as POC, relying on a underaged hetcisallo white boy to solve their problems and the Servent one being VERY creepy about the whole mess.

Like it's problem is the TV show equivalent of rainbow captalism: as much effort was claimed to be shoved into it, it still feels bad and lack luster. I don't mind a show focusing on only few identies but the fact all of them have a toxic ground work feel gross and just sends a bad, basically anti progressive message- like lesbians are Alla abusive to one another, or would make bad, neglective parents!

Like they had one mlm ship in the whole series and it was a forgettable episode, they literally introduced a character as a one off thing for said episode. I literally cannot recall the character EVER appearing in another episode.

Oh and allegory with the diamonds being a torn family and their redemption. NONE of them should have been redeemed. They are fachist, all of them. They are not soldiers following orders who you could try to claim had no choice or say, they are the big dogs in charge giving the orders. They said they didn't kill any nongem life forms but also don't consider nongems life forms to be equal to them in anyway so I don't think they'd even keep track of they killed anyone or not. Rebecca claimed they didn't as well, but then went back on this in series we got to see some animal life forms. All animals are some degree of intelligent.

And Rose. Hooobou the only Bisexual/flm gem. Gets demonized so much both in show and in fanon. The idea of showing a reversed redemption ark isn't that bad of an idea. But they once they revealed how bad she was, Inshow she's is permanently demonized, never a good word that was actually a victim of hers in denial about her abuse was spoken. All good she's done is forgotten. She is more demonized than the actual fachist in the show. If it wasn't for Rose, none of them would even have the happy ending they have, and they never knowledge this once. They treat her like she was always a bad person who didn't go throw a redemption arc. And the fact the gems species wise seems to be lesbians, nonbineries, sapphics, woman, agenders, demigirls etc. and the only gem that gets demonized to hell and back is the one that's bisexual like whhhyyyyy???

Like her choice to have a kid with a man is even demonized because it's portrayed as her having Steven as her running away from her problems unfinished business and using him as a scrape goat.

Also they fact they kept trying to claim fusion wasn't NSFW, but also kept using it as a allegory for NSFW most of the time and very very flirty and implied was gross when it came to... any fusion with Steven: Underaged fusing with adults- all gems he's fused with are adults coded or literally his own dad, or having a fusion with him at all even if the other character is in his age group because that's just mean they are also underaged. Like further proof is Peridot, she's aroace and in gemkind this means she doesn't fuse period. Which is like.

Also the Last season as a whole was a waste. Like Rebecca goes on about not getting enough time but then has unessary and unimportant filler for MOST of the season. Like Priorities! Please! Your complaining about now having a lot of room to work with but like with the amount of filler that served no purposes, answers no questions, it feels like a waste? You were given resources and didn't make use of those last few episodes well.

Also that's not how Trauma works. I have CPTSD, I have neglect based trauma, like Steven does, and while I have.. less than social accepted responses to trauma and stress, a hug is not going to fix let alone calm me down that easy. I don't like being portrayed as monsterous for having those kinds of reactions to trauma. Like no thank you. No, no no thank you.

I don't understand why its consider good LGBTQA let alone sapphic rep. I like the concept of the gems, I have a Peridot Gemsona I love dearly (their gem is on back of their right hand) but I cannot with this show as a show.
I'm quit Chickensmoothie, I have given my pets away to a friend. Thanks for the memories everyone!
Sa⸸an

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me