music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc.

Postby snakeman » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:29 am

Well I kinda have no internet right now, I moved about a week ago and BT are taking a hell of a long time to actually do anything q: I'm at my dad's for now, I hate it here but whatever lmao

I got some music off my old tablet though, I had some stuff by Them Crooked Vultures and that buttery biscuit bass thing and now I have them on my phone, Them Crooked Vultures are pretty good :) I just wish that riff at the start of Elephants carried on like that for longer, that's probably my favourite moment on the entire album haha
While I still had internet I also ripped a the audio from a video on youtube with the entire Wellwater Conspiracy album I reviewed and used Audacity to isolate all the tracks so I have that for now until I get money to buy the actual CD. I had Pearl Jam's pirate radio performance things on my computer as well, but they were in flac format and iTunes doesn't like it so I converted them all to wavs (because I need add-ons for Audacity to export as mp3 and I couldn't be bothered to download them) and put that on my phone too lol
snakeman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kishas » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:20 am

favorite artist, and why; Milky Chance. They were the first band I really got into, and I associate a lot of their music with people and good memories.
favorite song, and why;My favorite song is Isle of Flightless Birds by Twenty One Pilots. It discusses religion and suicide all in the same song, but keeps them on the same level. It's basically saying, "God can save you," and that really speaks to me.
favorite album, and why; Blurryface by Twenty One Pilots. It was the first album I ever received.
favorite genre; Either Rock or Indie.
favorite music news source [if any]; I don't have one.
least favorite artist, and why; Justin Beiber, specifically his whiny teen phase. Most of his music was whiny and aimed at teen girls. I was not a teen girl at the time, and I can remember loathing it.
least favorite song, and why; I don't really have one I can name. I know it discusses drugs and partying in a manner that makes me uncomfortable.
favorite music servicePandora
favorite platform? (records, cds, digital, etc.);Digital and CDs
kishas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:57 pm

@american idiot.
    welcome to the club!! i adore green
    day as well, my dad got me into
    them when i was a little kid. my
    favorite song was always holiday/
    boulevard of broken dreams. or
    jesus of suburbia. its hard to pick.
    by peeking at your sig, i see that
    we share a lot of music interests!
    have a good day !

@kishas
    welcome to the group! ive actually
    only listened to one milky chance
    song, but i enjoyed it. he has an
    amazing voice, and he seems to
    also be a great guitarist !!
    and oo, yes, twenty one
    pilots. love those boys more than
    anything.
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tastes like ink. » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:22 am

@realjd aaa thanks for accepting me! you seem like you have pretty
      cool taste too! c: also yES my kind of woman is just a great song, it
      gives me such nice vibes. i actually find mac through poppy's cover,
      and i agree! she sounds like a female copy of him. it was nice to me-
      et you too. c;

@dystopian aw i'm sorry people are bullying you for liking insane cl-
      own posse. :c i hate when people jump to conclusions about a perso-
      n based on their music taste. i like a few songs by them too, even th-
      ough they're not really my style. if you ever need someone to talk to
      i'm here!

@american idiot green day is cool! i don't listen to them much anym-
      ore, but i grew up on them. insomniac is my favorite album by them
      too. cx

@superunknown uGH them crooked vultures are so good! they aren't
      too well known though. i only found them through guitar hero i think,
      but i just found out they're another project with dave grohl in it! i
      specifically like new fang.

i'm drowning in boredom and i really need new music to since i haven't
      been able to find anything recently. if anyone has any suggestions, of
      any genre, i'd love to hear some recommendations! :u
tastes like ink.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wittebane » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:32 am

@tastes like ink i'm always hanging around with music recommendations, like some kind of song ghost. spooky. i'll try to keep it down to just a few songs, because otherwise i'll go nuts and nobody needs 60 recs at once.
    the other side of paradise|glass animals
    never enuff|mansions
    friday night gurus|studio killers
    quantum immortality|crywolf
    lmk what you think whenever you've got the time to check any of them out!!
wittebane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:20 pm

@tastes like ink.
    did i hear a need for music recs?
    here's a few cool tunes:

cigarette daydreams // cage the elephant
    poplar st // glass animals
    riot van // arctic monkeys
    american wedding // frank ocean
    electric feel // mgmt

let me know what you think !!
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sesh, » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:38 am

favorite artist, and why;I love BMTH. They've gotten me through a plethora of struggles.
favorite song, and why;I don't really have a favorite, but if I had to choose one it'd be Suicide Season by BMTH. The song has a deep meaning and has great significance to me.
favorite album, and why; Something on the lines of Purple by STP or Suicide Season ( yet again :l ) by BMTH
favorite genre;Just rock music in general.
favorite music news source [if any];I don't use many, but a good one is ultimateclassicrock.
least favorite artist, and why;Let's see here... Kellin Quinn, Mariah Carrey, Ariana Grande, P!@TD, TOP, and pretty much every pop artist... Just to name a few. Most of them have no talent ( pop artists ) and only sing about *ahem* affairs. I hate Kellin's voice.
least favorite song, and why; I honestly couldn't name one, I hate so many :') But to name one, I really hate the song "If You Can't Hang" by SWS.
favorite music servicespOTIFY
favorite platform? (records, cds, digital, etc.); cds.

╔════════════════╗
female x she/her x aquarius
uhg hi!! i'm sesh
what
oh
you should pm me,
i think you're cool :]
╚════════════════╝
sesh,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby snakeman » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:45 am

tastes like ink. wrote:
      @superunknown uGH them crooked vultures are so good! they aren't
      too well known though. i only found them through guitar hero i think,
      but i just found out they're another project with dave grohl in it! i
      specifically like new fang.

Mm, New Fang's good. I think my favourites are No One Loves Me & Neither Do I, Dead End Friends and Spinning In Daffodils o: But the whole album is really cool. I forgot who's all in it, I know Dave Grohl was drumming and there was guys from Queens Of The Stone Age or something but it's been a while since I looked it up. I actually found them through the album getting downloaded to my kindle tablet somehow, I have no idea who bought it originally or how it got there but I'm assuming someone used my mum's Amazon account to buy the CD because the same happened when she ordered The Hunting Party by Linkin Park off Amazon, and it couldn't have been her because she's never mentioned anything about the band or the CD in the three or so years since it happened and I've never actually seen the disc. q: But I'm not objecting, I really enjoy it! I might ask her about it at some point, would have to be after tomorrow though because her and the rest of the family off on another island all day and they're leaving before I wake up.

tastes like ink. wrote:
      i'm drowning in boredom and i really need new music to since i haven't
      been able to find anything recently. if anyone has any suggestions, of
      any genre, i'd love to hear some recommendations! :u

I'm not sure what you've heard and not heard before but Them Crooked Vultures kinda reminds me of Pearl Jam's No Code for some reason...? Anyway I'd recommend the whole PJ No Code-Yield-Binaural run to anyone who wants stuff to listen to because those are three of my favourite albums wow surprise surprise amirite
I'll go for something different too, I've started getting into more punk stuff lately and I think Slaves are a pretty cool band. Your join form thingy mentions not liking the Sex Pistols because of the accent haven't listened to them personally, Isaac sounds especially English as well so maybe you wouldn't like it so much, but honestly I'm not a fan of English accents in general (there are a looot of different ones) myself and I really like Slaves. Lies, Feed The Mantaray and The Hunter are my favourites by them q:
Tool are really good too, they're kinda weird, my favourites of theirs are Vicarious, Parabola, Sober, The Pot, Bottom, Reflection, Jambi and Schism. I still need to listen to Ænima though hhh
snakeman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MeltiTheDragon » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:52 am

favorite artist, and why; VAMPS. Not Vampire Weekend, not The Vamps, I mean the Japanese duo VAMPS. Hyde's adorable and has an amazing voice to boot. Kaz is also fairly cute and writes some really rockin` songs. Need I say more?
    favorite song, and why; Paralyzer by Finger Eleven (language warning) is my current favorite due to it being one the catchiest songs ever in existence.
    favorite lyric, and why; I'll put two down.
    "The apocalypse must be televised" - The Vengeful One by Disturbed (serious type lyric)
    "All I wanted was you" - The Kill by Thirty Seconds to Mars (funny type lyric ; who doesn't hear it as ALL I WANTED WAS JUICE?)
    favorite album, and why; Come Clean by Puddle of Mudd. It's just...perfect. Between Wes's amazing voice and catchy songs with a lot of angst (unlike some of their later material), you can't go wrong. Though the close second and third are Hybrid Theory by Linkin Park and Fury by Sick Puppies.
    favorite genre; I'll go by the general category of rock/metal ; my music tastes vary by day. However, I'll occasionally enjoy some electronic type stuff (Kill Memory Crash in particular but that's probably since they migrate kinda close to rock/metal territory) or pop type stuff (*ahem* HEAVYDIRTYSOUL by Twenty One Pilots which totally got stuck in my head a few days ago *ahem*)
    favorite music news source [if any]; Tie between Loudwire and Ultimate Guitar ; they both get the latest news quickest.
    least favorite artist, and why; Smashing Pumpkins because I REALLY don't like his voice.
    least favorite song, and why; Cherub Rock by Smashing Pumpkins for the reason stated above.
    favorite music service Youtube
    favorite platform? (records, cds, digital, etc.); Anything not digital. I like something I can actually hold and touch, like my 1 in 2000-ish Disturbed picture disc.

favorite song of 2016; No clue.
    song you listened to the most in the past year; No idea.
    any concerts you've been too/plan on going to?; 3 big (but local) festivals (which I will be going to again this year), 2 big concerts (one was the Slipknot/Marilyn Manson/Of Mice & Men tour, one was the Korn/ Breaking Benjamin/Motionless in White tour), 3 small festivals (one bitterly cold but fun, one Halloween concert in which I got 3 picks and a tee and got to see my favorite bassist from the front row, one that was cut off halfway through the headliner due to a drilled-through gas line a few blocks down).
    favorite part of the 2016?; Getting take a picture with Disturbed was awesome. I have four copies. The matte 8x10 is above my desk.
    favorite music moment of 2016?; That cut-off concert I mentioned before. Got pictures with a lot of the people from both bands there, talked to the bassist, got a bunch of autographs. The headliner thought they knocked out the power at first!
    currently listening to anything?; Nope.
Melti The Dragon
✚✚✚Autistic
✚✚✚Furry
✚✚✚Artist, Musician, Improv Comedian

If I've forgotten something, feel free to give me a little nudge!

I'm a Moderator for PS Adoptables! <3 Check them out! >>
Also, if you do decided to check it out, please consider noting I referred you!

Other Sites I'm On
{ Deviantart } ✚ { Furaffinity } ✚ { Toyhou.se }
{ Art Fight } ✚ { Refsheet } ✚ { Aywas }
Tracker Pages
{ Cascadeclan } ✚ { Sosna Gora } ✚ { Kingdom of Thorns }
{ Lucentclan } ✚ { Hlien Fuléao-anisth } ✚ { Sunset Bridge Business }

✚✚✚Formerly Known as Diamondshine101
    [C] - GreenGummies (sig art), sweathie (avatar)
MeltiTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:39 pm

@diamondshine101
    welcome to the group!! im glad
    that you've decided to join!! ah,
    that's super rad that you met d-
    isturbed!! and i bet that the in-
    terupted concert was rad too! i
    am quite excited, because i am
    gonna go to my first music fest
    this year to see twenty one pil-
    ots, and mgmt. sasquatch is th-
    e name of the festival.

@ everyone !
    a few questions, since i
    havent asked any lately!!

Code: Select all
    [b]favorite song right now?:[/b]
    [b]favorite new release of 2017?:[/b]
    [b]favorite music-related thing you own?:[/b]
    [b]songs you've been listening to a lot lately?:[/b]
    [b]favorite band(s) right now?:[/b]
    [b]song overplayed in your town?:[/b]

favorite song right now?: spring has sprung by skegss
    favorite new release of 2017?: now or never by halsey
    favorite music-related thing you own?: blurryface live
    songs you've been listening to a lot lately?: mask off by future, married to the game by future,
    had ten dollarz by cherry glazerr, do re mi by blackbear, and new flesh by current joys.
    favorite band(s) right now?: skegss and other garage rock style bands.
    song overplayed in your town?: currently it's mask off by future
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me