Hedgehogposting -- A Sonic Thread

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Hedgehogposting -- A Sonic Thread

Postby rabbithaver » Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:55 am

i am a responsible adult who does responsible things with their money. i do responsible things, such as *looking at smeared writing on my palm* adopting three orphan children. and they arrived today!

i think they sent me the wrong Shadow but honestly, i'm not even mad. this one is slightly worse. Shadow deserves to be slightly worse. it suits him. also i've had Silver perched on my lap for the past 40 minutes and i keep catching myself scritching him like a cat. i don't even know what that's about, to be honest. this hyperfixation is doing something to me, i think.

anyway LOOK AT THEM <3 look at my horrid little children

call me rabbit || they/them
adult player || hedgehog enjoyer

Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image

my mom || my homie || my buddy
trade thread || dreamies || dragon cave
fursona || shadow playlist || sonic fans
rabbithaver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ruin » Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:05 pm

ummm hello how am I only just now seeing that there is finally a sonic thread???? this has made my day, truly. <3

I have not had the chance to read through the entire thread yet but I will as soon as I get home.

this little blue rat is so important to me <3 my first game was sonic adventure 1 waaaay back on the dreamcast;; and despite all the very strange animations and terrible voice acting, it really grew on me, so of course I begged my parents to get me SA2 when it released.

SA2 completely blew me away, especially when I realized I could play as team dark -- of course I was immediately smitten with shadow.

I actually recently re-watched sonic x in its entirety, and man the nostalgia. my brother and I would watch it every time it came on TV back in the day.

I'm all caught up on the IDW comics and sonic prime, and I love both dearly. sega is finally loosening up their writing restrictions on shadow, and it's so nice to finally see his actual personality, rather than him being mister broody man all the time. he had a lot of fun fighting sonic in prime and it made me so happy.

I have quite a few sonic plushies, pins, squishmallows, and art that I will share later >:) until then, hello sonic community <3

ruin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mr. Taker » Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:44 pm

chirp. wrote:
i am a responsible adult who does responsible things with their money.

Bruh.
I just paid over 100 euros for the Eggman figpins. I was iffy about buying them at all, because I don't really collect enamel pins but I made the grave mistake of browsing ebay and found a seller with a combo deal for BOTH of them. Woops.

-- HI ruin, I was kinda wondering when you'd come by lmao xD
Mr. Taker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ZeXaL » Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:04 am

chirp. wrote:
i am a responsible adult who does responsible things with their money. i do responsible things, such as *looking at smeared writing on my palm* adopting three orphan children. and they arrived today!

i think they sent me the wrong Shadow but honestly, i'm not even mad. this one is slightly worse. Shadow deserves to be slightly worse. it suits him. also i've had Silver perched on my lap for the past 40 minutes and i keep catching myself scritching him like a cat. i don't even know what that's about, to be honest. this hyperfixation is doing something to me, i think.

anyway LOOK AT THEM <3 look at my horrid little children

THEYRE SO ADORABLE I LOVE THEM and im jealous my only sonic plush is a classic sonic one ive had since i was a kid LOL also i have the same desktop background funnily enough!!!

ruin wrote:I have quite a few sonic plushies, pins, squishmallows, and art that I will share later >:) until then, hello sonic community <3

Nice to meet you!!! I also just found the Sonic thread thanks to a friend who linked it to me, truly is the one thing that brought me back to this site LOL. I'm also really glad to see Shadow's restrictions finally be loosened up, especially cuz his Prime characterization was the BEST I've seen of him in a long time. As a massive Shadow fan, it's so amazing to see him be himself for once. I also was thinking of re-watching Sonic X myself too!!! I watched it a bunch as a kid when my whole life was centered around this blue porcupine, but not the whole series, only when I was able to catch reruns in the morning on the weekends. I wanna go back and watch the Japanese original since I know the dub is insanely rough, but at the same time, the dub is REALLY nostalgic for me <3.

My first game was actually Sonic Unleashed on the Wii, actually my first time playing a "proper" video game that wasn't a family party game!!! It's thanks to Sonic that I actually got super into video games and of course, I eventually got SADX and SA2B, which I immediately fell in love with, even tho I couldn't beat em. After that, I was completely obsessed with the series, my whole life as a kid was centered ENTIRELY around this one hedgehog and thankfully, that obsession never left. I still need to catch up on the IDW comics though, I haven't had the time to read them sadly </3

x
x

𝓘'𝓜 𝓕𝓡𝓞𝓜 𝓣𝓗𝓔 𝓕𝓤𝓣𝓤𝓡𝓔!

Hi there, I'm Debby! The transfem that
the news warned you about and the punk
newbie around town! I'm a huge gamer,
weeb and writer as well as a punk enthusiast.
I also have an interest in computer science
and tech-related stuff! Hit me up sometime,
I don't mind making new friends. :3

xx.𝓓𝓞𝓝'𝓣 𝓨𝓞𝓤 𝓕𝓞𝓡𝓖𝓔𝓣 𝓘𝓣!
ZeXaL

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ruin » Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:42 am

Mr. Taker wrote:
chirp. wrote:
i am a responsible adult who does responsible things with their money.

Bruh.
I just paid over 100 euros for the Eggman figpins. I was iffy about buying them at all, because I don't really collect enamel pins but I made the grave mistake of browsing ebay and found a seller with a combo deal for BOTH of them. Woops.

-- HI ruin, I was kinda wondering when you'd come by lmao xD

oh, I've never heard of figpins before, but I just looked it up and... well there goes $20

I was in a kind of similar boat as you a few months ago; never had any intention of buying/collecting pins. was scrolling etsy to find a gift for a friend, and saw a "buy 4 pins at 80% off, get 2 free"... and that's how I ended up with 6 sonic pins, hahaha.

oop, yeah, I typically don't come to this part of the forums, but I'm glad I finally did! c:

ZeXal wrote:-snip-

hello!!

right, I completely agree!! shadow has such an intense background and so much potential by being "the ultimate lifeform", and sega really did an awesome job of making all of that mean nothing. their restrictions on him were insane. he had so much personality back in SA2 and the Archie comics (like, you know, being allowed to smile, having a friendly rivalry/showing respect for sonic, etc). but for some reason someone at sega got it in their heads to make him do nothing but be nasty, rude and brooding all the time.
    his rivalry with sonic back in the day was fun, because they were equally matched, which was acknowledged by both.

but actually seeing him smile in prime, along with enjoying his fights with sonic?! amazing. literally made the entirety of season 2 for me.

doooo itttt!!! aaaa they have all the episodes on YouTube - however they're all dub... I watched the dub for nostalgia reasons as well and... yeah it was pretty difficult but I managed, haha! it was great to watch again, because as a kid I never made the connection that it was based off of SA2 (what can I say, I wasn't a very smart child c': )

oooh I've never played unleashed, but I really want to!! I've seen quite a few people dogging on it, but if you recommend it then I'll for sure have to give it a try.
    I skipped a few of the 3d sonic games because let's be real here... they're awful.
    at least until frontiers. I really, really wanted to like forces; I feel like Infinite had so so so much potential to be an awesome villain but he just flipped.
    infinite has a decent backstory and an ok villain arc, but his design and the whole thing with the phantom ruby was pretty cool! but sega once again just... did nothing special with him.

I never got to play sa2b, but I do have a shirt with sonic and shadow, and "sa2b" in Japanese lettering!

ooooh man, the IDW comics are so fun!!! I've binged them a few times. they also recently let up on shadow's restrictions, so the later chapters are awesome, since we get to see a lot of shadow's strength!!!
ruin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vaguevoices » Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:42 am

hello sonic fans that posted in a thread 2 months ago. do any of yall have Sonic Character Doing Dance gifs. you are the experts. i have this one but thats it

Image. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
vaguevoices

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mr. Taker » Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:10 am

That's a nice gif you have there, vaguevoices. c: Sadly, I can't add to your collection. I remember seeing some while browsing the internet but I haven't really saved any of them.
Mr. Taker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me