Finding books

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Finding books

Postby Snagglefangs » Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 am

^ GoodReads can be pretty helpful in finding you reccomendations based on the stuff you already read and like, if it still has that function. Googling stuff like "books about [blank]" can be alright, or if there's a book you really love and want more stuff similar to you can try "books similar to ___".

I've seen a few book club groups on Discord about, you could try finding or making one, that way you'd have peeps to talk about the books you read with, too, if that's a thing you're into, and they'd probably have recommendations for what to read next.

There are also various sites where you can put in authors or books you like and they'll give you recommendations, or AI for that function which may or may not be helpful. The site What Should I Read Next? has a similar function and I'm sure you could find others. As some others said, too, you could always just keep an eye out for interesting covers; I've bought a few books this way!
𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲/𝐬𝐞𝐛/𝐜𝐨𝐰𝐛𝐨𝐲 | 𝐡𝐞/𝐡𝐢𝐦 | 𝐚𝐝𝐮𝐥𝐭 (𝟐.𝟏𝟖) |
Snagglefangs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cerestes » Sun May 21, 2023 10:07 am

I look for book reviews on TikTok and Youtube, browse through books on Goodreads and skim the books at my local library, though they are a little outdated so I suggest doing the same at a bookstore lol
ImageImageImage
Cerestes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dozy » Wed May 24, 2023 10:52 am

ask your librarian too, they stare at the stock all day so they know what’s popular and they’re avid readers too, probably.

otherwise check out any displays they have in the library, usually there’s a reason the books that are on them is there, you get me? (unless someone is just lazy with shelving)
Hi, I'm Elle!
{she/her - adult - ifsp}

I pop on a few times a year. Please be patient with me.

Always looking for trades that include PPS dogs - I collect them

Trading Thread || Offsite Trades

♥️
dozy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gwebbie » Sat May 27, 2023 3:22 pm

I look at quote pages on tumblr, if I keep seeing excerpts from a book and it interests me then I read it. Digital bookclubs are a nice place to look for recs as well. Also it's fun to look at the books at thrift stores, you can find some interesting ones there once you get past the dollar store paperbacks and 10+ copies of twilight people have gotten rid of lol
^(#`∀´)_Ψ── I Like sharks!! ──†_(゚ー゚*)β
She/her
Open for trades!!
My Wishlist!!
My Spotify!!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gwebbie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes