░▒▓▌Pixel Petz (iOS/Android)▐▓▒░ » Now Available!

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Rainbowtail - 2.7.7: Space Palace Event

Postby sketchi » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:30 am

ooh nice!

yeah I wanna tweak the star requirements for our next event. if it's too low nobody will get locked out, but if it's too high a lot of people won't make it before the event goes away! so I'm thinking it has to be a requirement where everyone starts at zero, but where everyone has a chance (ie. beat 10 levels in the Arena). still thinking about it.
sketchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schuyler » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:45 am

Welp, I have been playing from day 1, have thirty stars in a lot of levels and nearly thirty in a lot of others, have probably been playing the game way more than what might be good for me and like to think I've been working hard and progressing efficiently ... And I've only collected 696 stars so far, over 150 short. Reach 850 with enough time left to get through the event levels and not die from starvation, dehydration, and/or sleep deprivation? Riiiight ... ^^;

There might be players ahead of me who have enough stars or close, but I still feel like you're probably locking out just about everyone when it comes to the star requirement. The rainbow gems are probably the only really plausible way I'll be able to play the event, as I have no friends who play RT, but for the moment, I only have two gems and am very strict with myself about not doing in-app purchases for games because once I start, I get carried away very easily. :/
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Art credits: Avatar
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
...............ImageImage
Schuyler
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lyren » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:36 pm

Hey sketchi, would anything that happens from now to the Android release be unable to make up? Like gemling-wise? I think I'm going to get rid of my iPhone, the touch screen is failing (I already lost the the bottom fifth of my phone touch screen so it's not like I can play anyways) and the battery is going bad.
Lyren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby username by me » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:37 am

I quite agree with everyone on the topic of needing 850 stars to get into the event. I've also been playing sense day one and I have 786 stars currently and I've beaten every level including the four new worlds. Let me word it this way; there are a total of 29 worlds in the game, with 30 stars per world that makes 870 stars possible in the game (due to the fact that Rocbo Arena doesn't give you stars). If and only if you have managed to unlock all the worlds, you'll need to get an average of 29.31 stars per world (or get 29 stars on 20 worlds and get 30 stars on the other 9 worlds), that's ridiculous! Or if that doesn't sound impossible enough, it's actually impossible to even get 850 stars without unlocking the last world up to level four! (And that's only if you manage to get three stars on every level up to level four and at least one star on level four!). That practically just locks everyone out, so I think it needs to be adjusted.

Also an a different note score levels are a little confusing? Like I was just talking about M6-7 (High Ground), where if says reach 10000 score, but also has sludge? And it counts the sludge and not the score yet you still win by getting 10000 score? I can play it again and take a screen shot to show you what I mean if you want, but I liked the game better the first time you eliminated score levels. Now that there is an auto rainbow rush score levels either give you all the stars too quickly or make you get a chance combo to get more than one star and It's just to confusing. Additionally, I think it makes more sense with the story line to have the player clear sludge or defeat enemies.
Last edited by username by me on Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
...............Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
...............Our deepest fear is that we are powerful
...............beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness
...............that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I
...............to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
...............Actually, who are we not to be?
...............~Marianne Williamson
username by me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kenobi. » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:43 am

I really wanted to play the event, so I spent all my stuff on unlocking it and I can't get past the first level xD
Kenobi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby endless shelter;; » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:59 am

I'M SUCH A BAD PLAYER

started from day one

i only have 95 stars.

i am the worst omg
x
SILVER for monsters...
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
x- hello! i'm endless shelter;; i do happen to
x- be a lil inactive on here, but i do still exist!
x- slavic mythology, vampires, the witcher, and
x- my ocs are my current interests!
x-
x-
x- saff/ronnie - she/her - aro-ace
x- toyhouse - kalons

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
xx... STEEL for humans.
endless shelter;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starsailor » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:03 am

Picking up on the others complaining about stars, I feel that 850 is too much for the average player to get. I'm just on 400 and something. So I had to use 5 gems to unlock the space event. Tbh, I never saw the difference of stars needed and how much I had until people started talking about it. //is stuck on Space Monkey
x

sad birds
still sing
╔╗
║║
╚╝
╔══════════════════╗
..prev. ƜαтєяƜσƖf600 || they/them || carrd

╚══════════════════╝
╔╗
║║
╚╝
starsailor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sketchi » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:53 pm

BioWolf wrote:Hey sketchi, would anything that happens from now to the Android release be unable to make up? Like gemling-wise? I think I'm going to get rid of my iPhone, the touch screen is failing (I already lost the the bottom fifth of my phone touch screen so it's not like I can play anyways) and the battery is going bad.

you should really save your game (log in with any FB account to save data to that account)! then you'll be able to pick off where you left off. we won't retire any gemlings before the Android release, if that's what you're worried about though. sucks to hear your phone's breaking down!

username by me wrote:I quite agree with everyone on the topic of needing 850 stars to get into the event. I've also been playing sense day one and I have 786 stars currently and I've beaten every level including the four new worlds. Let me word it this way; there are a total of 29 worlds in the game, with 30 stars per world that makes 870 stars possible in the game (due to the fact that Rocbo Arena doesn't give you stars). If and only if you have managed to unlock all the worlds, you'll need to get an average of 29.31 stars per world (or get 29 stars on 20 worlds and get 30 stars on the other 9 worlds), that's ridiculous! Or if that doesn't sound impossible enough, it's actually impossible to even get 850 stars without unlocking the last world up to level four! (And that's only if you manage to get three stars on every level up to level four and at least one star on level four!). That practically just locks everyone out, so I think it needs to be adjusted.

Also an a different note score levels are a little confusing? Like I was just talking about M6-7 (High Ground), where if says reach 10000 score, but also has sludge? And it counts the sludge and not the score yet you still win by getting 10000 score? I can play it again and take a screen shot to show you what I mean if you want, but I liked the game better the first time you eliminated score levels. Now that there is an auto rainbow rush score levels either give you all the stars too quickly or make you get a chance combo to get more than one star and It's just to confusing. Additionally, I think it makes more sense with the story line to have the player clear sludge or defeat enemies.

yeah, the unlock amount definitely needs to be rethought for the next event. maybe have the first zone of the event always unlocked, and the second zone require a certain number of stars from the first zone so everyone starts on equal footing. this was our first test with events, though we do hope you'll have a blast because we had a lot of fun making it! definitely want to keep making events for you guys.

ooh thanks for reporting M6-7! we playtest every level but messed up on the objectives for that one. will fix asap. score levels are few and far between, just to break things up a bit.
sketchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *JACKAL* » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:56 am

Space event is hard!

I spent the weekend on the rest of it and I was laughing. You move one gem then end up sitting there while the game explodes and all these points and stars and more explosions happen. And you're like "Can I have a turn yet?" :lol: :lol:

Loving these updates :)

Although I kinda miss carrying on with the game after the objective is complete per level. Or is that where rainbow rush comes in?

█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌

▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█

Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image
*JACKAL*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lacuna » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:06 am

Got in to the event! The new update definitely helped me 3 star those last few levels I was stuck on. I have 30 stars in every world except C6 and M6 I think (and I'm not sure if M6 is the last one or not).
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me