Identity Archiving - Easy Way to Record Users on CS

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

???

I found this useful.
100%
I did not find this useful.
No votes

Total votes : 16

Identity Archiving - Easy Way to Record Users on CS

Postby Soulsplosion » Sat May 02, 2015 2:10 pm

I didn't really know what forum to post this in, but I thought of this thing that greatly facilitates recording users in CS threads, such as in adoptable archives and clubs/roleplay groups.

The greatest problem we come across in recording such on CS is how easy it is for people to change their users. I've even seen people admit that they've been banned from a thread and managed to bypass it by changing their username; it's a really easy thing to do and hard to keep watch of people changing their users willy-nilly.

So I thought of this solution; Here's a link to my profile:

http: //www. chickensmoothie.com/Forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=538303

You see those 6 numbers at the end of the link?
    Those numbers are the only thing which differentiate different user's profile. No matter how many times they change their username, these numbers remain constant:

http: //www. chickensmoothie.com/Forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=538303

If you change those numbers in the link, it'll lead to someone else's profile (unless they don't exist yet).

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=243811 <-
    memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=119844 <-

I don't know if anyone else thought of this before, but it's certainly an easy way to keep track of people. This code that differentiates a person's profile is permanent, and therefore much easier to record. It is also easy to acquire; you just click a person's profile. I personally do all my archiving using this method since I find it a lot cleaner to keep track of; instead of putting the person's username in the archive, I put this code.

It's also a lot easier to find people's profiles so long as you know their ID. Instead of having to search it up in the forums--which can take a while, especially if they have those fancy letters--you can just take their ID and plop it into the URL no sweat, and wallah, their profile.

It's hard to keep track of people when they're always changing their usernames. By instead using those numbers, unique and permanent per person, there's a lot less confusion with people changing names. It's an easy and permanent way to identify someone.

Places where I use it: X & X

Last bumped by Soulsplosion on Sat May 02, 2015 2:10 pm.

hi im soul !!!
im a digital artist and game designer
im not very active here anymore
im an adult with a job now

Donate to the PCRF

My dinosaur survival game on roblox
Deviantart
Tumblr
Soulsplosion

My pets
My items
My wishlist