Dear Art Shop Customers...

Buy or sell custom-made art - using CS pets, items or C$ as payment. This does not include pre-made character sales.
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Re: Dear Art Shop Customers...

Postby qwertyuiop123 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:47 pm

OMG. THANKS SOO MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO WRITE THIS! though I don't earn an art shop, i ALWAYS see people posting "are you done yet? it's been a month!" or something like "ewwww. i don't like your art." i find it very offending to the artist, and if I were the artist, i might have closed my art shop or even reported.

༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺ find me by the sea ༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻
ImageImage
My WishlistWant to chat? PM me! :)Send a trade? :3

༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺ or swimming in the ocean ༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻
qwertyuiop123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kokiri_kitty » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:25 pm

Wow. I think some people might be listening to this because everyone who is ordering in my new shop now is very polite. :) Thanx for taking the time to write this :D
I don't get on here much anymore :(

Just call me Squishi
kokiri_kitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby albinoBroccoli » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:42 am

I love you for writing this. o_o
I don't have an art shop(a story shop ;P) any more and I shouldn't complain about occasional impatient customers in my shop(I am way too slow! D:) but I have seen a lot of this in other shops and I'm glad you put this up because the really good artists need a break, as do the rest of the people with shops and have these kind of rude people.

charactersdatumblrask.fm

on hiatus
albinoBroccoli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spotty » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:52 am

Thanks for typing this up Tris, it's great. Some people should just learn common respect for others and their time.
I personally haven't had any bad customers in my new shop so far, but I sure have seen that kind of customer around in others shops. Hopefully I will never have any serious troubles.
I'm sure this helps for the future.
Spotty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mi ainsel » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:09 am

Well said!
This is a good thing to have here!

My deviantART
Guess who’s back on CS? It’s been a while.
art by trashqrince <3

mi ainsel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Comet* » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:42 am

I just hd to comment again on how I LOVE that you did this. <3 Maybe more people will stop and read/think before that order art. n_n
Once again that you for taking time to write this. <3
~*Comet*
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I'm drowning in school so that's part of my reason for going for a while. I'll be back in December then gone again after. I will probably randomly appear places(ninja like. 0,o).

Only taking art request through PM(Do NOT PM me with an art request unless you have late 09-08 rares/Vrares! Those are the only pets I'll accept for art.)Please PM me for examples. Also please note I have not posted any art on CS for 1-2 months so my art HAS improved since the art I'll show you. x3

I'm would really appreciate constructive crit from more experienced members(PM to me please!).

I'm not collecting pets. Only gaining them to spend on art! 8D

Thanks for reading my sig. ~<3
~*Comet*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
*Comet*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Razzle~ » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:58 pm

Thanks! This is also helpfull for art-shop-owners-to-be, and I thank you!
so I haven't been on this site in like, forever, so I'm briefly back on to get rid of lots of my pets in exchange for art of my dog. Also if you do art and want pets send me a pm I'd love to work something out
You can contact me on my tumblr - @puppiesfortheblind - if I don't respond in a reasonable timeframe
~Razzle~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainbow Dash » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:29 am

I love you forever, Tris. I closed down my free thread because so many people just ignored my rules and thought they were special or something. I've also had people complain on other threads and PMing me complaining that I'm never open. I'm a full time student. When it comes to my academics or CS, it's clear to see which one takes priority. I just tell them that if they want to write all my papers and do all my Japanese homework for me to get me to open faster, they're welcome to it. Otherwise they have to wait because I'm a person, not a printer, and I can do whatever I please with my shop.

If I may add one more thing.

Commission =/= Friendship: Never assume that the artist you are commissioning wants to be your friend simply because you pay them. Some artists would rather keep contact with you strictly professional and business related. They're not interested in you contacting them to chat about your day or you sending them a link to a Youtube video you found funny. Most artists really don't care to get to know you deeper other than what you're paying. It sounds cold, but a business relationship is much different than a friendly relationship.

And for the love of God, don't contact an artist and ask for their offsite personal contact information (e-mail, instant message, etc) so you can chat with them. You have absolutely no reason to require that information.

Do you mind if I make a flipped version of this for art shop owners?
[: Veterinary professional | Female | Hobbyist artist :]
Image Image Image Image
New Chicken Smoothie Tarot
[: Free-to-Use CS Graphics || Request Free CS Graphics || Every Pet As a Stamp Project :]
Sig art by me || Avatar by Scragster || Busy with work! Might be slow to respond!
Rainbow Dash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sapphirescript » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:31 am

I lurv this xD. When I open my shop I'm linkning to it!

I agree with Wendigo I think there should be one for owners cause I've come across some art shop owners that I can say I'm never going back.
Sapphirescript

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starcrusher » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:49 am

Wendigo: I don't mind at all. And thanks for the recommendation; I'll add your point onto the main post. ;D
starcrusher

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me