:: Pixeled Candies | Lineart Shop | Closed ::

Buy or sell custom-made art - using CS pets, items or C$ as payment. This does not include pre-made character sales.
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Re: ::Pixeled Candies - Lineart Shop - Taking Event Pets::

Postby Celozon » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:21 pm

typewriter; wrote:Oh, sorry, they don't really blend, they just kinda overlap, but if she's too much thats totally fine, if you'd let me I can change the character, if not that's fine, thanks!

A different character would be best. I've done one with overlap, but its still difficult to do, and just not something that works well for me with my drawing style/the pixel format (and that one was a pretty simple one of just a few colors overlapping)
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ::Pixeled Candies - Lineart Shop - Closed::

Postby Celozon » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:25 pm

I've been thinking about this, and I might not open again soon. My apologies to anyone still hoping to get a slot. I do still have plans to add a snowflake foreground at some point, and may open again later for that. But as of right now I don't have too much interest in opening soon.

This is mainly because I think most people who have been interested have already gotten their orders. As well as, its been bothering me for a while, because I first opened this meaning it to be a low energy way of offering commissions, just coloring in the lines. I specifically didn't allow large edits at all because I didn't want to have to do very many, if any at all. But most people want edits, and a lot of people want pretty big or complex edits. And its really worn me down to the point of not wanting to do them at all.

I feel like people are trying to squeeze custom art out of me, or that they just don't understand how lineart shops work. But I admit its partially my fault for offering edits at all. But I also feel like this is just part of how people think here, that they don't need to pay very much for art, and even linearts need to be fully customized to their character. And its exhausting.

None of this is directed at anyone who recently ordered, or anyone in particular who ordered in the past. A lot of the orders were fine, and I really didn't mind at all doing the small edits. Its just been a recurring thing, and I didn't just want to say I wasn't offering them for a while without explaining (and then just turning around and opening a different art shop).

That said, the entire process has worn me out a lot, and if I'm going to be doing this many edits, I might as well offer fully custom art instead. So for the time being I just plan on opening a shop for headshot avatars, then people can get their character exactly how its supposed to look or however.

Sorry for the little rant there, like I said, its not directed at anyone in particular. I'm not angry or upset about it, mostly just tired. If you are interested in the headshot stuff though, I threw everything together here earlier, I'll open it at some point.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ::Pixeled Candies -Lineart Shop- Closed (check page 23):

Postby MOTH. » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:35 am

I totally understand where you're coming from, this was the reason for me to not be on here for 2 years. It can be so exhausting to constantly work up to what everyone's expecting from you. Art should stay art and not just a hollow machine working it's way to disliking art [and people] for that. I'm sorry for you feeling like this about it. I hope people will start to understand that it's people working instead of machines.

Good luck with everything and I hope you will feel comfortable about it again soon.
I'M QUITTING CS SOON
OFFERING VERY RARES
FOR ART!!150+ 08/09's

ImageImage
MOTH.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ::Pixeled Candies -Lineart Shop- Closed::

Postby Celozon » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:52 am

I'm thinking about reopening just cause I don't have a whole lot of time to hunt for tokens, but I probably won't do lineart edits at all, or at least not at first. Any interest in this?
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kessler » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:55 am

I'd be interested!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Even as the wind dies away, my heart still flickers
Kessler

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vvitch » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:04 am

x
doing shadow work and leaving CS
vvitch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sibylline, » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:28 am

Celozon wrote:
    I'm thinking about reopening just cause I don't have a whole lot of time to hunt for tokens, but I probably won't do lineart edits at all, or at least not at first. Any interest in this?

i'd be interested!
sibylline,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:29 pm

I'm tentatively opening some slots, I've got work today and tomorrow so I may not necessarily do any or very many. I am going to prefer tokens right now, but I don't expect people to have a whole lot right now. The token price especially is going to be subject to change. And if you'd rather wait, I will definitely be putting up one for costumes and certain event pets (today's squids are up now), so if you if you want to collect stuff for a future order, I will be asking for those.

If you want your form to have a better chance of being accepted you character should:
    • Not have a whole lot of blending, especially markings that are very dark colors that blend into very light colors.
    • Not have a whole lot of small/intricate markings (I'm ok with spots, but they do take considerable time to do)
    • Not have an area on your character where three different colors come together and blend into each other, it is extremely difficult for me to reproduce.
    Another thing that is helpful; give me info. If you have extra info on how you prefer your character drawn let me know, if you aren't picky let me know, if blended markings are optional let me know. It is really helpful for me to know, and I'll feel a lot more comfortable doing your character.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ::Pixeled Candies -Lineart Shop- Open::

Postby Celozon » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:05 am

Just some additional info that'll help getting your form accepted and let you know how I run things.

• My slots can be competitive. I tend to get more orders than slots I have open, this is why I don't run things on a first-come first-serve basis. I know some people can't be online when I open, and I don't need people rushing when they fill out the form. This also means I get to pick the forms I would most prefer to take, a few tips that will help get your form accepted;
    • First thing I look at is payment & character. If the character is difficult for me to do, the payment should reflect that (check the bottom of the first post for a list of things that are harder for me to do). You can also PM me and ask me if you aren't sure about a character.
    • Offering more payment than what is listed on the first post can go a long way. I'm more likely to accept forms that offer extra even if the character is harder to do. If you decide to update your payment offer after posting, just make a new post letting me know the previous & current offer.
    • Sometimes I just really don't want to do a character. Either it just looks like too much work, or I'm just otherwise uncomfortable trying to do them. In these cases, even with high payment I'm still not willing to do it.
  • If I do not accept your form for a specific reason (uncomfortable doing the character, payment doesn't meet minimum, etc) I will let you know when I go through and accept forms, it'll be added onto that post. If I don't say anything then your form is probably good, I just liked others better. You are free to re-submit when I open again, in fact I tend to encourage doing that cause sometimes I really want to be able too accept more forms, I just can't.
  • I try to open forms as often as I can, so don't feel like you missed your chance when you don't get picked the first time.
  • I love extra info on forms, seriously, if you have preferences, if you don't care about something, let me know. Sometimes I don't pick forms cause I'm not sure how you want me to do your character. Some characters don't look much like the lineart and I don't know how you want me to transfer them onto the lineart, or the marking are intricate/busy and I'm not sure how precisely you want me to follow them. So let me know that kind of stuff and it will make me way more comfortable about doing your character.
  • I tend to post updates a lot, let you guys know when the next estimated opening is, any changes I plan on making, such as changes in payment options, etc. So its good to check the last page or two and see if I said anything that might be important.

Two things to keep in mind:
  • I can get pretty busy in my life between working a job and college, so I do this the way that is best for me. I take art is small batches so I can make sure I get them done in a timely manner. On days I work I won't get a chance to do much of anything. Please do not try to rush me if I'm taking a little longer than normal.
  • Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions/concerns/etc, I do not mind at all, and it doesn't bother me, so don't be afraid to do so. I really prefer if you ask me any questions you have cause it tends to help a lot.
Last edited by Celozon on Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ::Pixeled Candies -Lineart Shop- Open::

Postby nyota » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:11 am