CS Items Guide - Help update values - Medieval Faire Tokens

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: CS Items Guide - Help update values - Store Scarves

Postby Animall » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:55 pm

There’s been no initiative put into this list. Everyone puts their trades on here but nothing gets done with them. We need people willing to step up and take charge... and I hate to suggest it (please don’t take offense) but maybe a change of page ownership.
I’ve mentioned adding medieval faire tokens to the list before as well, and everyone agrees - but there’s never a move to actually fix anything. Just discussion.

The page is dead and we need to fix that!

Do you laugh about me whenever I leave?
Or do I still need more therapy?
(fake out)

↞ infj ⎯ she/her ⎯ adult user ↠

trade thread
auction thread

ImageImageImage
Animall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:54 pm

Oh I didn’t think you were being harmful at all Near, I was just explaining and addressing some of the points of what you had addressed and trying to explain why I believe there hasn’t been much update to this.

I know someone is already trying to do some work and update on their own version of this by collecting the release dates, if they were free or token or bought, etc. I’ll link them to this discussion to see if they feel up to talking themselves.

I do definitely agree items need more work, it’s just hard to do so with how they...are? You know?
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:22 pm

Jacob wrote:I agree. When I first started collecting items months ago, I thought it was gonna be a challenge to get a bunch of the rarer items but most users will let their items go for cheap prices because they have no way of knowing what they are worth. I feel like the item rares list is way less known and cared about and that’s why it’s harder to update it since there isn’t nearly as many item collectors as there are pet collectors so there isn’t many rare item trades coming in showing what they go for. Due to them never being rereleased and no way of getting them from the pound inventory, they will only go up in worth kinda like store pets. Polls wouldn’t help because their would definitely be a lot of bias between item collectors and hoarders so they would just try to spike their worth’s as high as possible.

This has always been a problem for the Items list. It has few people providing input compared to the rare slist, and it is very difficult to find trades - you can't search for what you paid for a rare item like you can a pet so most of us can't provide any data (for pets you can see what you traded for an individual). So gathering data is hard, and there is always the concern that using such small amounts of data will provide skewed valuations. Having polls that are only voted in by people who visit this thread, who are mostly item collectors and hoarders as you say, would further skew the results I would think. You're spot on c:

Right now what we've been doing is having people post trade links. When enough links are posted, someone can compile them all and we collectively work out the average from there before updating the front page. Nobody's found the time to compile any lists for us lately, so things have stalled. If we want to get things moving again, try to find useful trade links to post, or if an item has enough trades already posted, put them all into one post and we'll try to work out the average. I might have time to look at the scarves today, but I'm wondering if there are any other items we have enough trade links posted for that we can look at also.

I think this was our working list of items we were particularly interested in: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=559754&start=1930#p115928005
Medieval faire items also.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:46 pm

Store Scarves (Primary Trade Item)
Halo for 1 Scarf
Advent for 1 Scarf
Advent + VRs for 1 Scarf
Sept (Grinner) + VRs for 1 Scarf
Advents for 1 Scarf + 08 Halo
UR Ice Cat for 1 Scarf + Red Santa Pants
Spotted Tribal for 3 Scarves
VRs & C$ for 4 Scarves
UR Fox for 4 Scarves + Liontail
Store Lists for 4 Scarves + monster eyes
Sorbet for 5 Scarves (2017 Dec)
2 Septembers for 7 Scarf set
Nonballoon for 7 Scarf Set + monster eyes

Store Scarves in Combo Trades
trades/viewtrade.php?id=74060023&userid=291259&signature=tGWCD2FBJXx4S85zgxzCJg - UR Zonkey for UR Holly + Animal Egg 1 + 1 Scarf
trades/viewtrade.php?id=74047609&userid=291259&signature=rfxHbOOYnwYbUaLgsB9Ovg - UR lion + scarf + more for Animal Egg 2 + Red Santa Outfit
trades/viewtrade.php?id=63293783&userid=46911&signature=KabC8jIMTusTCQzGEdHb8Q - Sorbet for scarf set + xmas decos + store pets
trades/viewtrade.php?id=70941232&userid=141478&signature=ni2PQIFTXMBHc4E0DN6qoA -Red X PPS for scarf set + small xmas decos + C$ items
trades/viewtrade.php?id=71085302&userid=291259&signature=8a8oCptqgoXSUq2m0F2Izg - 3 Toxics (purple/blue) for scarf set + santa set + animal eggs 1-4
trades/viewtrade.php?id=71091693&userid=291259&signature=YkIGtrwz_Yjbxo7C4dIINg - Nonjewel for 3 scarves, animal egg 1, pony cat suit & monster eyes
trades/viewtrade.php?id=71101797&userid=291259&signature=_uFvbJrypqMa-oAmB2Ukeg - sorbet for 3 scarves, santa set and fairy set

-----

At first glance, it looks like they may fall into Advent or September list value individually? Idk, will have to look at these more closely later.
Solloby

Help
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Erythro » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:49 pm

for the trades you posted solloby, are there dates with them? that's how they are judged on relevancy on the rare's list?
Erythro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:50 pm

All were from late 2017/2018 afaik. As in I think they are all current. I got them from page 194 onwards; there are probably older trades earlier in the thread but I don't have time to dig them up atm.
Solloby

Help
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bvrd » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:53 pm

a majority of the combo trades are from me
i can provide dates if need be once im on my laptop since mobile is a bit of a pain
bvrd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucky333123 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:11 pm

A lot of trades, I do with items are offsite related thus why I haven’t been posting them.
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

───────────────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

┌────────────┐

If you need any help, feel
free to ask ^.^ dates matter
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_ people.
I have received _35_ gifts.

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐

└────────────┘
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
lucky333123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:52 pm

lucky333123 wrote:A lot of trades, I do with items are offsite related thus why I haven’t been posting them.

As long as you know the cs value you can sill post them. Most count offsite in c$ value.
But those are stillvery usefull imo.
They also look at offsite with the rare list
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:57 am

ElementalInsanity wrote:I know someone is already trying to do some work and update on their own version of this by collecting the release dates, if they were free or token or bought, etc. I’ll link them to this discussion to see if they feel up to talking themselves.

This would be incredibly helpful to determine base rarity, especially for older items. I've wanted to work on something like this myself but I really just don't have time for it. The 08' pocky box seems pretty common for being worth an 08' rare. From looking it seems that maybe each person was given 3

trades/viewtrade.php?id=76816007&userid=245926&signature=bB1u1Ewy2SYqCw54DhVGLQ
Wizard token, 2018-10-23
I was randomly sending out trades during Halloween and this one got accepted about a week later

Also is it possible to change the front of "How much is this item worth"? People seem to not think about clicking the link and just having it larger and specifically saying to check this thread before asking would help. About half of the posts ask about things that are listed here (and about half of those questions are about the Pocky box). I try to link this thread for every time someone asks, but it just doesn't seem to help.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me