The "Is this a fair trade?" Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: The "Is this a fair trade?" Thread

Postby Never & Rush » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:30 am

hi! link to trade

i usually try to calculate out trades with year gaps by looking at what all the pets would be worth in C$ but i wanted a second opinion on this cause everything has a range and i want to make sure it’s fair to them. i came up with their side being worth about 10-20 C$ more than my side, so removing the rare 2016 dog should make it about even i think, or i can add pets to make up the value. is that about right? thanks for any help!! <3

EDIT: added a bit more but would love to know if i’m still under so i can fix it!
Last edited by Never & Rush on Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
have been having chronic illness related issues, please forgive slow replies! -rush
✨Never's Flight Rising✨ ❄️Rush’s Flight Rising❄️
ImageImage
hi im Never, and Rush is a huge adorable loser <3
<333
Never & Rush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Foxx.ie » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:43 am

Foxx.ie wrote:Could i get some help on this one please

trades/viewtrade.php?id=111292380&userid=950038&signature=yPt5Fg4wN889Aqf8J-49VQ
⁺˚⋆。°✩₊✧˖ °⋆。°✩
⋆。°✩⁺˚⋆。°✩₊✧˖ °
⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆⊹ ࣪ ˖
⁺˚⋆。°✩₊✧˖ °⋆。°✩
⋆。°✩✧˖ °⁺˚⋆。°✩₊
⁺˚⋆。°✩₊✧˖ °⋆。°✩
⋆。°✩⁺˚⋆。°✩₊✧˖ °
⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆⊹ ࣪ ˖
⁺˚⋆。°✩₊✧˖ °⋆。°✩
⋆。°✩✧˖ °⁺˚⋆。°✩₊
Foxx.ie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LeiFrog » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:15 am

Could use some help with this. I'm not sure if this is fair for me

trades/viewtrade.php?id=111314199&userid=509542&signature=PxdcGuYPH-pH4XkbQmzTjw
LeiFrog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angst » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:33 am

I could be wrong, but for the first one I'm counting close to 12MA! I think they'd still need to add 2-3MA or a little more to be fair for the fox which is 15MA. It seems under but is really close!

The second one is not fair to the fox at all. Not even close unfortunately ):

LeiFrog wrote:Could use some help with this. I'm not sure if this is fair for me

trades/viewtrade.php?id=111314199&userid=509542&signature=PxdcGuYPH-pH4XkbQmzTjw

I could be wrong but I feel like using the 2:1 rule the 8 ERs (losing the 9th) would be fine for the rare. That being said, it can be hard for people to want to trade down rares & some folks even use a 3:1 or 4:1 rule. I'd say you could edit your side down a bit but it's also close enough that if you were comfortable adding in the additional commons/uncommons and an extra ER it could be worth it! Up to you. :') I may be off though!

pisto pesto pasta wrote:hey yall, please help, which pet is better, td ice cat or clockwork bun?

Technically this could be a fair swap if both parties value TDs higher than usual.

I think it depends on what you personally like and value as both pets have sort of low-mid demand. I would say the clockwork bun as a personal choice, as the bun will only continue to get rarer & worth more as a store pet and stores continue to increase in popularity, but that's just me! I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Edit: I also think, and this may be a lot of work, but if you're really focused on which one is better to trade off you could check Princess of Lion's popularity polls for OMGSRs & store pets respectively. That may give you a better idea of which one is more sought after. Just an idea!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
𓆩★𓆪
• angst • any/all • adult • neurodivergent •
|
|
tired & silly grad student :~)
i'm kinda slow + socially anxious when it comes to DMs
thanks for understanding!
trades | free palestine
credit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
angst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BillyBoi » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:45 am

angst wrote:

I could be wrong, but for the first one I'm counting close to 12MA! I think they'd still need to add 2-3MA or a little more to be fair for the fox which is 15MA. It seems under but is really close!

The second one is not fair to the fox at all. Not even close unfortunately ):

Thank you so much for the help!! ^.^
BillyBoi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flicka » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:48 am

Flicka wrote: trades/viewtrade.php?id=111265231&userid=9355&signature=PeagdHzuXDO3ZDuUkdDqXA is this fair? Not sure if there's any special demand
My Wmes~Senegal Zebras~Crownies
ImageImageImage
Now accepting Commissions!
Flicka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Happily Wrathful » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:19 am

Happily Wrathful wrote:
Flicka wrote:https://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=111265231&userid=9355&signature=PeagdHzuXDO3ZDuUkdDqXA is this fair? Not sure if there's any special demand

heya! so both rats are low advents on tier 6 of horrors list. your rat is one line higher then theirs so both would be fair for each other, however theirs is a rerelease which can sometimes lower its demand if someone prefers true dates. considering the rats already have bad demand it would make it hard to trade off. Since yours is a true date i personally would ask for a little extra maybe a wl pet or two. TLDR; ofc if date doesn't matter to you this is a perfectly fair trade ヾ(•ω•`)o

hiya i answered this here!
Happily Wrathful

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby riftintime » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:14 am

x
Last edited by riftintime on Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
• any pronouns • infp • college student •
trades welcome / dappervolk: riftintime #1396

riftintime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coaliev » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:34 am

coaliev wrote: