March 2024 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: March 2024 Discussion Thread

Postby MusicalMaladies » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:02 pm

Lunarsnow wrote:
Fleckenpferd wrote:
ButterflyChaser wrote:Are the ponies based off rocks? I want to put them in my rock themed group, but I want to be sure.

Someone mentioned the Mohs-scale a couple of pages before.
But I don't know if the artist has it confirmed yet.

It really seems like it. The three outcomes we've got so far look like talc, fluorite, and feldspar which have hardnesses matching the tags on their respective midstages so I'd be surprised if it wasn't the theme!
ImageImage

ImageImage

Not gonna post the feldspar image again 'cause it's a few posts above and was so big lol

That'd make this guy... diamond then? If we're working off the Moh scale theory?
MusicalMaladies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Tiger~ » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:16 pm

MusicalMaladies wrote: -snip-
That'd make this guy... diamond then? If we're working off the Moh scale theory?

If you look up 'raw diamond' it looks exactly like that. ETA well not the mane and tail, but yes.
уσυ αяє ωнαт уσυ ℓσνє, ησт ωнσ ℓσνєѕ уσυ
SilverTiger on Eldemore
SilverChan on Flight Rising

𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝑜 𝒻𝑜𝓃𝒹𝓁𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒻𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
Silver Tiger~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Juliamon » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:26 pm

Silver Tiger~ wrote:
MusicalMaladies wrote: -snip-

If you look up 'raw diamond' it looks exactly like that. ETA well not the mane and tail, but yes.

The mane and tail may be the matrix the diamond is in!
she/they, adult
Juliamon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Concept » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:28 pm

My internet went out the last time I tried to confirm this lol

You guys are RIGHT on the money with the ponies! They are based on the MOHs hardness scale! I tried to make the foals look like packaged rocks in paper that you get at a rock store haha

I chose to do just four because doing ten would have been a lot XD plus a lot of the scale stuff looks very similar and I didn't want to confuse anyone too hard. But you're right on the minerals, too!

Image - Talc, scale of 1!

Image -Fluorite, scale of 4!

Image -Feldspar, scale of 6!

Image -Raw Diamond, scale of 10!
Concept
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lierre » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:05 pm

the ponies theming was so cool and unique! they were my favorite litter to theorize about and see what people thought they were going to be since they were just abstract enough to really be a puzzle to figure out! feldspar is especially gorgeous with the almost natural horse markings
Lierre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Concept » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:42 pm

Lierre wrote:the ponies theming was so cool and unique! they were my favorite litter to theorize about and see what people thought they were going to be since they were just abstract enough to really be a puzzle to figure out! feldspar is especially gorgeous with the almost natural horse markings

It was super fun! You guys are incredible at figuring out themes, I'll need to come up with more puzzle litters in the future as games for everyone <333 Thank you!
Concept
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gamezelle » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:09 pm

Well this was quite a month !

This is a first to me, but besides the PPS otter I have all the outcomes (got lucky with the litters I didn't care much for) :shock:

I absolutely loved the flaming dogs. I hope we get the other elements in the future, this would be so cool !

(Oh God I can't wait until mid month to find out how rare the otter is :lol: )
Gamezelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby luminaree » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:12 pm

Concept wrote:My internet went out the last time I tried to confirm this lol

You guys are RIGHT on the money with the ponies! They are based on the MOHs hardness scale! I tried to make the foals look like packaged rocks in paper that you get at a rock store haha

I chose to do just four because doing ten would have been a lot XD plus a lot of the scale stuff looks very similar and I didn't want to confuse anyone too hard. But you're right on the minerals, too!

Image - Talc, scale of 1!

Image -Fluorite, scale of 4!

Image -Feldspar, scale of 6!

Image -Raw Diamond, scale of 10!

That is amazing! I work in earth science and it's so cool to see themes like this being incorporated into the art. <3
luminaree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby huskyhiccups » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:17 pm

My ponies just so happened to sort themselves in order of least to most hardness! So satisfying :D
ImageImage
Call me Mew or huskyhiccups! (she/her) ♡
I love
coffee, RuPaul's Drag Race, Smosh, Final Fantasy XIV,
Star Stable, The Sims, Kingdom Hearts, and Danganronpa!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
UR, OMGSR, & old store pet countmy listomy FR

May is Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome & Hypermobility
Spectrum Disorder awareness month!
huskyhiccups

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mysticality » Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:49 am

Final thoughts and favorite pets from March
Mysticality wrote:Image
Very fitting for EmberWolf LOL. I think this litter is gonna be super cool. Maybe some cool line art edits? If not I won’t be disappointed though. I am intrigued by the fur coloring’s texture.

Pet's name: Ināra
These guys are just so cool! Like I said earlier, the texture of the fur is really cool. I especially love the eyes on this one

I wonder if these will be different types of parcels or if they will open up into some kinds of gifts or something.
Or something else!

Pet's name: Pauleen
I was wrong about the concept, but it is REALLY cool. I love Concept's brain.

My thought is a realistic horse litter. Although, we could be surprised! This looks like it is hellivi’s first litter besides a staff dog so who knows what they could do!

Pet's name: Gjon
hellevi did an awesome job here! Realistic equines are not my favorites, but I really love the PPS guy. Can't wait to see what they do in the future!

Aquarium kitties!!!! Perhaps a similar vain to the May 2023 ponies, but w/o the glass. The plant addition is adorable

Pet's name: Sinann
I don't think we ever got any confirmation about whether this litter is koi or betta, but I think they're betta. Either way, the details on these cats are amazing. Kinda wish some elements from the kitten stayed, but either way they turned out great. I especially like the bubble addition on them!

I really like this color combo. Possibly some abstraction going on, I can’t wait to see how these turn out.

Pet's name: Chuy
Definitely an abstract design! I love it! They are reminiscent of the early BW litters. They also heavily reminded me of the August 2017 litter lol.

To me, this guy looks like a mealworm. I am expecting maybe some beetles. I had a pet mealworm in 3rd grade. Maybe this is its reincarnation.

Pet's name: Helen
Was a bit off on this one lol. We got beetles anyways. The litter is really cute and I love all the varieties included.

I love this pairing sm. I’m so glad there is a PPS outcome I just hope it won’t be too hard to trade for! I’m imagining cherry blossoms fallen gently into a pool <3 very serene.

Pet's name: Uzziah
I did get the little one! I really loved the combo and I love the outcomes. I love how some of them have little koi fish in them. This was probably my favorite litter of the month!

I don’t love chameleons, but I am very interested to see how this color pallet is used!

Pet's name: Utu
Here are the beetles! This was a really cool idea that worked well on the chameleon line art.

…cat? …otters????

Pet's name: Libbie
Cat otters! Thank god I adopted a PPS outcome I would not be happy trying to trade for it! But this litter is AWESOME! I love otters and I love big cats and so this is perfect!
boy why you so gnarp gnarp
Mysticality

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me