how the value of pets in c$ translates to irl currency

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

how the value of pets in c$ translates to irl currency

Postby unchained » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:17 pm

this post is NOT condoning or promoting the trading of CS pets for real world currency. this is against the rules and will get you banned.

this topic is something that has interested me in a while, and its how the value of pets in c$ translates to real world currency. i think as players it's important to know how far our money is actually gonna go when we are buying c$, so i thought it would be fun to make a post tracking this using horrors list and general trade data as reference. this is pretty subjective due to differing demand of both pets and c$ so don't take it too seriously!
      currently, c$ are sold at 16 per 1 USD for the 5$ pack and 19 per 1 USD for the $20 pack.

the baseline value of a non is roughly at 2000 c$. using the $5USD pack as reference, this means pets such as the nondogs and jokerbun are worth roughly $125USD ( 0: )
      furthermore, this suggests that 2 non pets such as the cinnabon, marionette and patchwork are worth roughly $250USD!
      one of the rarest pets on the site, the skelebun, is worth to roughly 12 non, which puts its c$ value at roughly 24,000. this means that its value in c$ is roughly equivalent to $1500USD !!!

on a smaller scale, a 2010-2011 rare is worth 30-35c$ according to solloby's list, which equates to roughly $1.80USD and $2USD respectively. this would suggest that 1ma equating to 350c$ is worth around $20USD, which kinda makes sense considering that the price of the $20USD pack gets you 380c$.

i think theres a lot of inconsistencies in the way we value pets in c$ (likely due to the trade demand of c$) which could affect this list, but i would love to turn this into a discussion and see what everyone thinks!
she/her . adult . libra // jjk, yugioh, GoT
check out my hammies :3 (complete!)
unchained

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: how the value of pets in c$ translates to irl currency

Postby gansey » Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:29 pm

pjbuzzy and i actually talk about this a lot lol. i think she calculated that the orange cereberus was worth a couple thousand usd which is kind of mind-blowing. we also frequently discuss if people who have an obscene number of list pets perhaps pour real money into c$. some interesting things to think about! i would love to see players talk about it further as well.
╔════════════╗

howdy
my name is noah
i love d&d, writing, pokémon,
and birding.
free to pm // fr // cs store

╚════════════╝
gansey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:50 pm

gansey wrote:
    pjbuzzy and i actually talk about this a lot lol. i think she calculated that the orange cereberus was worth a couple thousand usd which is kind of mind-blowing. we also frequently discuss if people who have an obscene number of list pets perhaps pour real money into c$. some interesting things to think about! i would love to see players talk about it further as well.

I think rather than paying for CS pets outright, they might buy currency on a site like FR, then trade FR currency for CS pets. Or they just have a lot of currency on another site to begin with, and are able to pay for their pets that way. I've gotten a large number of pets through CS-FR trades and I've never put real money into it, so I imagine someone who did could easily get a lot of nice pets.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nomi » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:41 am

Seasonal wrote:I think rather than paying for CS pets outright, they might buy currency on a site like FR, then trade FR currency for CS pets. Or they just have a lot of currency on another site to begin with, and are able to pay for their pets that way. I've gotten a large number of pets through CS-FR trades and I've never put real money into it, so I imagine someone who did could easily get a lot of nice pets.

i also feel like offsite trading plays a big part..
Nomi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LLHBBB » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:24 am

Nomi wrote:
Seasonal wrote:I think rather than paying for CS pets outright, they might buy currency on a site like FR, then trade FR currency for CS pets. Or they just have a lot of currency on another site to begin with, and are able to pay for their pets that way. I've gotten a large number of pets through CS-FR trades and I've never put real money into it, so I imagine someone who did could easily get a lot of nice pets.

I know I was able to complete my collection back in '15 after joining flight rising & buying lots of gems. Also back then people followed the value list that was available then so you could get a tier 7 for 560 gems & a non for around 6K gems. Now off site trading with FR costs a lot more. Here's a copy of the old guide - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... /htmlview#
also have and Eldemore account with the same user name. As well as a FR account with the same name.
LLHBBB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:28 am

Nomi wrote:

Yeah I sort of dislike that. I don't begrudge any of those users who found a loophole, so to speak, but off site trading being so successful makes me feel like our site is broken. Why is it so hard to get all the list pets only using CS? Why is it easier to use another entity to get all the valuable pets? I wish there was an even playing field is all. Whatever folks are doing on FR to tempt players on CS, why can't that come from Cs directly? I don't know anything about FR but I assume it has a mechanic CS doesn't have ._. it's gotta be that.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RalphFresquez » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:31 pm

Thanks for the info, I will keep it in my mind.
RalphFresquez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me