Value of True Date vs Re-release pets?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Postby ChunkyChad » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:09 am

Some quick back ground info:
TD = True date = A pet that was adopted at it's original release
RR = Re-release = A pet that was adopted on Dec 18th (a re-release of a older pet)

True Date example
Re-release example

So the reason I'm making this thread is that I've noticed over the past few years there's seems to have been a huge value increase in TD pets. When I came back in 2020 the value of TD seemed to be just a a little bit more than the re-release, often just a couple extra pets, nothing like huge. However now a lot of times I see people saying TDs (especially list, that's more so what I'm talking about are high value pets) are worth way more than then RR pets, even some saying that the RR (lets say is worth 1 non) and the TD is worth 2.5-3 nons, that's an insane increase in my opinion, like yes TD are technically more rare but to be valued double or even triple (and some I've seen are quadruple) the original price of the pet is just extreme. Now I don't really care if a pet is RR or TD, it's nice that TD sit in the "proper order" in groups but other than that they're really same pet to me, so I didn't think about it much back when they steadily increasing in value. However now with them being such a higher value then the RR pets I worry that'll it just drive the value of the pet in general up (which CS already has an issue with inflated values) making these pets even more unattainable for most players. And the reason I think this is cause its makes sense as TD increases base value of the pet will rise, especially cause when you search up successful trades with these pets ur going to get results saying the TD value and seeing how much they're trading for on the high end causes people to value them more. So my thoughts are the TD value inflation is getting extreme and I feel we really need to stop inflating their value so much, cause it can (and probably currently is from some things I've seen) cause even further issues with pet value inflation in general

So I'm curious what do you guys think about TD vs RR in general and the value difference? (btw please keep discussion polite, at the end of the day this is just about the economics of pixel pets lol)
©

She/Her, in university

Wildlife rescuer

Studying animal science

my art <3

Big pigeon fan

PMs open^^

Down to do a gift war👀

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _44_ people.
I have received _48_ gifts.

mr freddy fazebear?

ChunkyChad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Value of True Date vs Re-release pets?

Postby keayi » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:19 am

I can't help but agree. I have seen people treat a rerelease moonswirl/sunjewel/etc like garbage just because it has a Dec 18th date ;o

I think if we were able to change the order/organize the pets within our groups, it would help resolve this issue a lot. Saw a suggestion to do this a while ago, but not sure if it was considered/is possible.
keayi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Leopardy » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:40 am

I always knew that people prefer TDs, but I honestly have not known that people now double the value of TDs. That is / was actually news to me.
But on the other side, I´m out of the List Trading Economy, it was too complicated for me and I did not have fun with it. I understand the list and I can work with it more or less. And that is where it ends.

Personally I prefer my RRs. They are special to me! I especially love my RR with the 24th December as birthday, it is extra special!
Yeah, TD is okay and all, seeing such a old pet is cool.
It does not double its worth for me.
All my RRs have special places in my heart and I do have quite a few RRs and I would never ever trade them for a TD at all!

(Organizing the Pets within their group would actually be interesting and I can see that solving some of the TD Craze oO)
Leopardy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:19 am

I can't say on what their value should be, I do think there is egregious inflation going on with the trade economy in general, but I do think there should be some price difference in true dates vs re-released pets. Since we have no way to rearrange our collection ourselves, adopt dates matter if you want all your pets to sit with their litter. Most of us are collectors! A book collector wants their books to sit together. Imagine if books were in haphazard order on a book shelf X_X horrible! This is me trying to sit my pets nicely in their groups, thus, if I want my collection to be neat and orderly I need true dates.

As for why they are worth double RR value, well I will just give an example I have. I am trying to complete my bunny collection. In order for my bunnies to sit with their littermates I need true date bunnies. How hard is it to find a true date bunny? I spent a week using all my free time to click over 300 accounts. I found 5 true date bunnies I needed that were also for trade. True date pets are dwindling. If you don't believe me try and find yourself a true date list pet in a trade group, not locked, on an active account. It's awful!

This is why I wish there was a way to rearrange pets in my group myself, so all the bunnies are in the right place, no matter what their adopt date is. Until then, if you care that your collection is in order, you will have to pay the premium T.T
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ChunkyChad » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:09 am

BlueEyedKite wrote:I can't say on what their value should be, I do think there is egregious inflation going on with the trade economy in general, but I do think there should be some price difference in true dates vs re-released pets. Since we have no way to rearrange our collection ourselves, adopt dates matter if you want all your pets to sit with their litter. Most of us are collectors! A book collector wants their books to sit together. Imagine if books were in haphazard order on a book shelf X_X horrible! This is me trying to sit my pets nicely in their groups, thus, if I want my collection to be neat and orderly I need true dates.

As for why they are worth double RR value, well I will just give an example I have. I am trying to complete my bunny collection. In order for my bunnies to sit with their littermates I need true date bunnies. How hard is it to find a true date bunny? I spent a week using all my free time to click over 300 accounts. I found 5 true date bunnies I needed that were also for trade. True date pets are dwindling. If you don't believe me try and find yourself a true date list pet in a trade group, not locked, on an active account. It's awful!

This is why I wish there was a way to rearrange pets in my group myself, so all the bunnies are in the right place, no matter what their adopt date is. Until then, if you care that your collection is in order, you will have to pay the premium T.T

haha definitely true they're hard to find, I don't think when I was collecting spiders I ever saw a TD bumble bee spider, honestly I think the suggestion thread ppl have mentioned about being able to organize pets in groups would really help solve this issue, then ppl could just line up the pets as they want
©

She/Her, in university

Wildlife rescuer

Studying animal science

my art <3

Big pigeon fan

PMs open^^

Down to do a gift war👀

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _44_ people.
I have received _48_ gifts.

mr freddy fazebear?

ChunkyChad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:24 am

If tomorrow Nick announced we could arrange pets however we wanted I would go HAM trading for everyone's bunnies. OMG it would be a dream come true for me!
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby heepheep » Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:06 pm

i was just thinking about this. its funny how rr pets are supposed to reintroduce rares back into the economy but having a rr pet is treated as a disadvantage.
im not on the list trading scene but its astounding to see people pay an arm and leg for what is essentially the same pet. im dreading completing my pet collections honestly lol. and like kite said td pets are dwindling so everyone is basically fighting for a small pool of whats left
ImageImageImage
xxxxxxxxxx◣ any pronouns | x | ✉! | ahh! | ◢
heepheep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me