Pet group names chat.

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Pet group names chat.

Postby AuroraFier » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:54 pm

Almost, all of my groups all have fun names as to what the pets are within them. I'm still trying to come up with names fun names for: Caterpillars, Guinea Pigs, Hamsters, Hedgehogs, Otters, Rats, & Worms.

A few of the fun names I have for groups are: Going Batty, Lets Play, Master Of Puppets, Mini Me, Tree Keepers, What Does The Fox Say, Where The Wild Things Are, & Winter Wonderland. This is only a handful of the groups I've put together!! I wanted fun and unique group names to make it easier for me to decide where something will go. In my opinion; "Feline Fantastic" also sounds better than Cats. Fun word plays make me smile! ^-^

This got me wondering, what group names do you have? Is there a reason behind what you chose? Do you plan on making more pet groups?

Edit: Feel free to use whatever groups names that I do. c:

New group names:
"Butterfly Wolves" are now named, "A Kaleidoscope Of Butterflies".
"Rabbits" are now named, "Down The Rabbit Hole".
"Mice" are now named, "Must Be Mice".
"Chickens" are now named, "The Cluck Is Ticking".
"Goats" are now named, "You've Goat To Be Kidding Me".
Last edited by AuroraFier on Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.
πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ Love Is Love πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ
AuroraFier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pet group names chat.

Postby 2kcarat_gold » Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:25 pm

I have a group called "just lion around" which is a collection of PPS lions, another group called "nope ropes, sneks, and danger noodles" which is a collection of PPS snakes (I got the name from a Lucid Software video on YouTube) and a group called "HAM-ster and cheese sandwich" which is a collection of hamsters (that one is a somewhat stupid name, but I think the play on words was a funny idea)

you are more than welcome to use these groups' names if you ever find yourself collecting such pets!
2kcarat_gold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AuroraFier » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:29 pm

haha I have a group called "Lion Around" as well. My snake group is called "I'm A Snake" and the name is from an old YouTube video. I love when people use a play on words. HAM-ster and cheese sandwhich" made me chuckle a little bit. I might end up using that for my Hamsters. I have alot of fun group names. Feel free to have a look if you want. ^-^
AuroraFier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KeiranTrick » Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:55 am

As a collector, my groups have very boring, function-first names... But I thought I'd reply here to say I love what you've come up with!

If I wasn't so particular with organization, I'd probably go with collective nouns for whatever species is in there. Of course, picking the most silly one is a must - An Earth of Foxes; A Pounce of Cats; A Cauldron of Bats; A Parliament of Owls; A Kaleidoscope of Butterflies;

Unfortunately, this is as 'fun and silly' as my boring butt can get!

🜲 May your heart be your guiding key! 🜲

My trade thread!
Pronouns: He/Him
Timezone: EST (UTC -5)

Off-site: PokeFarm Q & FlightRising

🜲 Brighter than the sun, swifter than the wind 🜲
KeiranTrick

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AuroraFier » Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:10 pm

KeiranTrick wrote:As a collector, my groups have very boring, function-first names... But I thought I'd reply here to say I love what you've come up with!

If I wasn't so particular with organization, I'd probably go with collective nouns for whatever species is in there. Of course, picking the most silly one is a must - An Earth of Foxes; A Pounce of Cats; A Cauldron of Bats; A Parliament of Owls; A Kaleidoscope of Butterflies;

Unfortunately, this is as 'fun and silly' as my boring butt can get!

Those would be awesome!! Could I use these two? "A Parliament of Owls; A Kaleidoscope of Butterflies." (The butterfly one would be amazing for the butterfly wolves.)
AuroraFier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Squecca » Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:14 pm

I just name mine after the species, basically how the archive does it. And I have a group for still growing, and up for trade. I don't plan on adding more or redoing anything any time soon. Maybe if my trade group gets too cluttered. I like all the species/lines being in the same group. I've thought about adding a few fun groups but I feel like it would disrupt my current system too much and I'm too rigid!
Image Image
Squecca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Musical Melody~ » Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:32 pm

I have mine organized by species for the main stuff, as I like to collect different species, but I do have some fun ones that I like to create. One that I like a lot is my "Can you hear the melody?" group that has all the music related pets that I've got in it. I keep other themed groups too just for fun :3 I've also organized my favorites and my PPS collection by rarities just to keep track of rarity changes. I'll probably end up making so many more groups as pets continue to come out cause there's just so many cool designs and themes to see!
Looking for any PPS pets that I do not have! Any trades appreciated <3
β—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Š
β—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Šβ—Š
~Musical Melody~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 2kcarat_gold » Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:50 pm

I thought I would come back to your thread with a few more fun group names after seeing all your groups! You do not need to use them (obviously) but I just figured you could use need some inspiration for those that don't have names yet

For your chickens, I thought maybe something along the lines of "the cluck is ticking" or "all cooped up"
For your deer, I thought maybe something like "DEER-ly beloved"
For your goats, maybe something like "you GOAT to be kidding me"
For your mice, I thought of "must be MICE"
For your rabbits, there was the options of "hop to it" or "down the rabbit hole"
2kcarat_gold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AuroraFier » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:07 pm

~Musical Melody~ wrote:I have mine organized by species for the main stuff, as I like to collect different species, but I do have some fun ones that I like to create. One that I like a lot is my "Can you hear the melody?" group that has all the music related pets that I've got in it. I keep other themed groups too just for fun :3 I've also organized my favorites and my PPS collection by rarities just to keep track of rarity changes. I'll probably end up making so many more groups as pets continue to come out cause there's just so many cool designs and themes to see!

I like that. "Can you hear the melody?" So fun!!

mingHβ™‘E wrote:I thought I would come back to your thread with a few more fun group names after seeing all your groups! You do not need to use them (obviously) but I just figured you could use need some inspiration for those that don't have names yet

For your chickens, I thought maybe something along the lines of "the cluck is ticking" or "all cooped up"
For your deer, I thought maybe something like "DEER-ly beloved"
For your goats, maybe something like "you GOAT to be kidding me"
For your mice, I thought of "must be MICE"
For your rabbits, there was the options of "hop to it" or "down the rabbit hole"

I like these! Thank you so much for the ideas!! ^-^
AuroraFier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KeiranTrick » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:16 pm

AuroraFier wrote:Those would be awesome!! Could I use these two? "A Parliament of Owls; A Kaleidoscope of Butterflies." (The butterfly one would be amazing for the butterfly wolves.)

Of course! I didn't make up any of those, though I appreciate you asking anyway.

If you're interested in finding more, they're called 'animal collective nouns' and there are usually a few per animal to choose from!

🜲 May your heart be your guiding key! 🜲

My trade thread!
Pronouns: He/Him
Timezone: EST (UTC -5)

Off-site: PokeFarm Q & FlightRising

🜲 Brighter than the sun, swifter than the wind 🜲
KeiranTrick

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes