Is a new fair trade thread system needed?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

If this goes ahead would you apply to become a replier?

no
38%
yes - higher value trades / items
15%
yes - bulk trades / items
No votes
yes - uncommon and below
13%
Yes - C$
15%
Yes - Rares / very rares / Exremely rares
20%

Total votes : 40

Is a new fair trade thread system needed?

Postby Bluefly26799 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:28 am

Hi guys!

So this is something that has been bugging me for a really long time. The fair trade is a fantastic tool on this site. But it has some flaws. There are so many ways to play chicken smoothie that people can be experts in one area but clueless in another.

So hear me out, what do you guys think of this idea:

What if we had separate threads for types of trades and the ONLY people who can reply are people who have been approved.

Ideas for types of threads:

- Higher value (1ma+ value) - possibly including items with specific repliers who have been approved for this section too.
- Items
- Bulk - again possibly mixed with items with replies who have been approved for both sections.
- uncommon and below
- C$

(reply if theres other categories you would wanna see)

How the approval process would work

We could have people have to pm the owner of the thread or someone on the committee if other people would want to help me set this up.

You would then be given 10 examples of trades that fit the tread you are applying for and you would have to give accurate and where possible data backed up advice on those trades to be approved. You would then be listed on the thread as an approved replier (we can have sig badges to or something to make it more clear)

Please let me know your thoughts on this, I have been seeing so much bad advice recently especially with the rarity change. I dont ever claim to be able to do all these threads btw, theres nothing wrong with only being good at certain things. I would happily reply to any list trade but i wouldn't even know where to begin with uncommon and below/bulk. Its just not my area at all. I think we need to embrace everyone's areas of expertise and maybe not try to jump on areas you have no clue in or your values are outdated...

Replier guidelines

- Repliers must do their best to reply when theyre free / online

- Repliers that dont contribute for over 1 month with be withdrawn

- Repliers will be allowed 2 disbute warnings before action is taken.

: Sub point to this - If a reply is disputed and it is found that the reply is pretty close to being accurate / down to small details or demand. Once the depute has been settles this will be removed from the repliers record as people can have different opinions
: Permanent dispute points will be granted from replies that are wildly inaccurate (not a genuine mistake, there is a clear gap of knowledge. Support will always be given to repliers if they need it so ask someone else rather than respond wrong)
: The action taken against the replier will be removal from the approved repliers list followed by a 1 month ban from repling on that forum. They will then be free to repeat the process again. Note if a replier is dismissed in this fashion twice they wont be allowed to give advice on this forum.
- Worth noting with this last point it only applies to the forum the disputes on if they have approval to reply on several forums, the others will not be affected.

- Peer reviews from other repliers will take place in the guidelines. Mods of the forum may contact repliers and ask for their opinions on fellow repliers advice from time to time to ensure we are keeping things are fair as possible

- Reviews upon request. Any member of the chicken smoothie community may contact any mod of the forum ( these members will be clearly marked and are not the general repliers for the thread) to ask for an assessment of any comment made by a replier.
Last edited by Bluefly26799 on Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
Bluefly26799

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Is a new fair trade thread system needed?

Postby glitter » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:52 am

as of right now, i think any trade advice given should be taken with a grain of salt since lots of people are changing how they value their extremely rare/omgsr pets. i think there's work being done to revamp the worth system so a lot of the weird replies on the fair trade are because of this.

HOWEVER even before the the rarity update, i've seen many people (many of whom haven't owned/traded more rare pets) give crazy advice and guess worths and cause confusion. I do think having an approval system on who can/cannot give advice would be useful BUT it may slow down the rate at which people get replies since not everyone is understandably going to want to go through an application process.

I've noticed many new/returning users are already pretty confused on where to go for help with trades and learn worth. I think introducing a lot of different threads may increase confusion amongst them BUT it would help more experience players narrow down their search.
[๐ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ]
โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•
(ยฏ`ยท she/her โ€ข
..`ยท. x est โ€ข ยทยดยฏ)
entp โ€ข 5w4 .ยทยด
.Image
Image Image

โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•
old user is royale | pms welcome
โ™ก uni student [stats and biology]
if you're reading this, trade me !!
Image Image
โ–‘โ–‘โ€‡โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘
โ”Œ โœฆ collections
โ”‚โฎก โ€Ž dwrf hamsters
โ”‚โ€Žowls,โ€Ž squid, bats
โ”‚โ€Žpps bws, '19 fae,
โ”‚โ€Ž'11 faire, bettas !
โ”” my sig shop

glitter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bluefly26799 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:55 am

glitter wrote:as of right now, i think any trade advice given should be taken with a grain of salt since lots of people are changing how they value their extremely rare/omgsr pets. i think there's work being done to revamp the worth system so a lot of the weird replies on the fair trade are because of this.

HOWEVER even before the the rarity update, i've seen many people (many of whom haven't owned/traded more rare pets) give crazy advice and guess worths and cause confusion. I do think having an approval system on who can/cannot give advice would be useful BUT it may slow down the rate at which people get replies since not everyone is understandably going to want to go through an application process.

I've noticed many new/returning users are already pretty confused on where to go for help with trades and learn worth. I think introducing a lot of different threads may increase confusion amongst them BUT it would help more experience players narrow down their search.

Thank you for the reply <3 I agree it would slow it down, but is waiting for the correct reply better/worse than maybe getting wrong advice and loosing out?

Also I do agree It could be confusing, If we had a contents table in the first post of each threads with links to the right one might that negate this issue?
Bluefly26799

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angst » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:57 am

Okay okay initial thoughts... personally I feel like:

1. Something definitely needs to change! I'm really, really glad someone is bringing this up. It feels like it's been a long time coming. And I say that as someone who has regrettably both taken and given poor trading advice.

2. I don't want the thread / trading / rarities etc. to feel less democratic. Like it's been really hard but great to have conversations these past few weeks about rarities and how to make the trading part of CS feel more accessible to people. I feel like those conversations, in addition to the OMGSR popularity poll where certain pets were more/less popular than previously thought, has had me thinking that we really need to let trading be more user-driven. I worry that having certain people designated to respond to trading advice only consolidates power in the hands of a few to continue to dictate trading trends, especially when it comes to demand. I feel like there's a possibility we would fall back into the same patterns we've seen in the past: A handful of users make a list or s guide and it's taken as God's word even if the list or guide doesn't reflect the desires or wishes of most of the user base. I'm not saying that to be like "guides = bad" I LOVE guides and think they make trading MORE accessible. Moreso that when a certain group of more active and/or loud users dictate trading norms it leaves people feeling frustrated and left out.

I'm thinking this idea is on the right track, though. Like on other websites where people give advice people often have a "rating" for example - if you've answered X amount of inquiries, your profile would say that number, or sometimes your advice is even rated by users saying how accurate they felt it was/is, which impacts your profile rating. Having some sort of system that lets players know "hey, this person is really experienced with advice and other people have said their advice is good/sound" is a super smart idea. I guess maybe I think it should be in a different form than only allowing a select amount of people to answer, and moreso about having a rating system or something similar.

And there's also the feeling that maybe that thread should be more regulated and moderated in general! But that puts more pressure on mods who are already, I assume, busy.

Those are my two cents! I think this is such a good conversation to have!!
โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ
๐“†ฉโ˜…๐“†ช
โ€ข angst โ€ข any/all โ€ข adult โ€ข neurodivergent โ€ข
|
|
tired & silly grad student :~)
i'm kinda slow + socially anxious when it comes to DMs
thanks for understanding!
trades | free palestine
credit

โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ
angst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby glitter » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:01 am

glitter wrote:as of right now, i think any trade advice given should be taken with a grain of salt since lots of people are changing how they value their extremely rare/omgsr pets. i think there's work being done to revamp the worth system so a lot of the weird replies on the fair trade are because of this.

Bluefly26799 wrote:Thank you for the reply <3 I agree it would slow it down, but is waiting for the correct reply better/worse than maybe getting wrong advice and loosing out?

While waiting and getting better advice seems like the better option I think maybe having long wait times may discourage people from asking altogether. I do think that having seperate threads may help with responses that are faster than the current ftt tho tbh. A lot of times I see people bumping their trades up for days and it's some really crazy bulk trade or a trade that involves a random item. If there were separate threads people that are good at looking at those kinds of trades could easily access their posts.

Bluefly26799 wrote:Also I do agree It could be confusing, If we had a contents table in the first post of each threads to the right one might that negate this issue?

this could be a good solution ^^

i think what you have is an interesting idea but getting everyone onboard may be a bit difficult since the ftt thread is so popular and has been around for a really long time.
(ยฏ`ยท she/her โ€ข
..`ยท. x est โ€ข ยทยดยฏ)
entp โ€ข 5w4 .ยทยด
.Image
Image Image

Image Image
โ–‘โ–‘โ€‡โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘
โ”Œ โœฆ collections
โ”‚โฎก โ€Ž dwrf hamsters
โ”‚โ€Žpps bws, '19 fae,
โ”” my sig shop

glitter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby queen maeve » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:02 am

angst wrote:Okay okay initial thoughts... personally I feel like:

1. Something definitely needs to change! I'm really, really glad someone is bringing this up. It feels like it's been a long time coming. And I say that as someone who has regrettably both taken and given poor trading advice.

2. I don't want the thread / trading / rarities etc. to feel less democratic. Like it's been really hard but great to have conversations these past few weeks about rarities and how to make the trading part of CS feel more accessible to people. I feel like those conversations, in addition to the OMGSR popularity poll where certain pets were more/less popular than previously thought, has had me thinking that we really need to let trading be more user-driven. I worry that having certain people designated to respond to trading advice only consolidates power in those people's hands to continue to dictate trading trends, especially when it comes to demands. I feel like there's a possibility it'd fall back into the same patterns we've seen in the past: A handful of users make a list or s guide and it's taken as God's word even if the lost or guide doesn't reflect the desires or wishes of most of the userbase. I'm not saying that be like "guides = bad" I LOVE guides and think they make trading MORE accessible. Moreso that when a certain group of more active and/or loud users dictate trading norms it leaves people feeling frustrated and left out.

I'm thinking this idea is on the right track, though. Like on other websites where people give advice people often have a "rating" for example - if you've answered X amount of inquiries, your profile would say that number; or sometimes your advice is even rated by users saying how accurate they felt it was/is, which impacts your rating. Having some sort of system that lets players know "hey, this person is really experienced with advice and other people have said their advice is good/sound" is a super smart idea. I guess maybe I think it should be in a different form than only allowing a select amount of people to answer, and moreso about having a rating system or something similar.

And there's also the feeling that maybe that thread should be more regulated and moderated in general! But that puts more pressure on mods who are already, I assume, busy.

I agree with all of this!

Personally, I really enjoy guides. Ever since I came back to CS I have been at a loss, I feel like this game used to be very easy in regards to understanding the trading system, however currently it feels like it's just constantly changing, and guides could be very useful in aiding new members or returning old players understand what exactly everything is worth and also to help us navigate through the constantly changing trading system.

I also agree with the rating idea, I feel like it would be really good to have the number of people someone has helped or a rating based on accuracy within their advice visible on their page. It can be extremely hard to figure out what advice is genuinely good or not especially when we don't really know ourselves, a rating based on experience with said user could help a ton
maeve | adult | infp
they/she | autistic
queen maeve

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bluefly26799 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:04 am

angst wrote:Okay okay initial thoughts... personally I feel like:

2. I don't want the thread / trading / rarities etc. to feel less democratic. Like it's been really hard but great to have conversations these past few weeks about rarities and how to make the trading part of CS feel more accessible to people. I feel like those conversations, in addition to the OMGSR popularity poll where certain pets were more/less popular than previously thought, has had me thinking that we really need to let trading be more user-driven. I worry that having certain people designated to respond to trading advice only consolidates power in those people's hands to continue to dictate trading trends, especially when it comes to demands. I feel like there's a possibility it'd fall back into the same patterns we've seen in the past: A handful of users make a list or s guide and it's taken as God's word even if the lost or guide doesn't reflect the desires or wishes of most of the userbase. I'm not saying that be like "guides = bad" I LOVE guides and think they make trading MORE accessible. Moreso that when a certain group of more active and/or loud users dictate trading norms it leaves people feeling frustrated and left out.

I'm thinking this idea is on the right track, though. Like on other websites where people give advice people often have a "rating" for example - if you've answered X amount of inquiries, your profile would say that number; or sometimes your advice is even rated by users saying how accurate they felt it was/is, which impacts your rating. Having some sort of system that lets players know "hey, this person is really experienced with advice and other people have said their advice is good/sound" is a super smart idea. I guess maybe I think it should be in a different form than only allowing a select amount of people to answer, and moreso about having a rating system or something similar.

Thank you for the reply <3

I love this idea of having a 'rating' for each user in terms of the accuracy of their replies. I just am not sure how that would be updated as there isnt really set values as everything player demand based. It would be nice to be able to have a recognizable official system like that im just not sure how it would work.

I do also agree with your point about falling into old patterns, Maybe players who are the repliers could be reevaluated every month/3 month/6 months whatever the community would agree is the best? I do however think a user dispute option should be available. Where if people see a reply they dont agree with they can say why, flag it to the mods of the forums and the situation can be delt with while also letting people disagree without it being hostile (in the way you are not allowed to reply to your own trade in the current FTT which i never understood as if your partner is given bad advice you cant advocate for yourself at the moment)
Bluefly26799

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bluefly26799 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:07 am

suguru geto wrote:
I agree with all of this!

Personally, I really enjoy guides. Ever since I came back to CS I have been at a loss, I feel like this game used to be very easy in regards to understanding the trading system, however currently it feels like it's just constantly changing, and guides could be very useful in aiding new members or returning old players understand what exactly everything is worth and also to help us navigate through the constantly changing trading system.

I also agree with the rating idea, I feel like it would be really good to have the number of people someone has helped or a rating based on accuracy within their advice visible on their page. It can be extremely hard to figure out what advice is genuinely good or not especially when we don't really know ourselves, a rating based on experience with said user could help a ton

I think youre right with all this, I think something we can do as a community better is education. Like teaching people how to find what their pets called/ what its worth but by finding examples of recent trades with the pet not just someones advice.
Last edited by Bluefly26799 on Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluefly26799

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby glitter » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:08 am

Bluefly26799 wrote:
angst wrote:snip

snip

Where if people see a reply they dont agree with they can say why, flag it to the mods of the forums and the situation can be delt with while also letting people disagree without it being hostile (in the way you are not allowed to reply to your own trade in the current FTT which i never understood as if your partner is given bad advice you cant advocate for yourself at the moment)

this is good idea to make sure that the people who are allowed to give advice dont hold all the power. people could explain why they think the advice given was not correct and if someone's getting reported really often their role could be revoked.

i think having something visible on people's profiles thats like a communal rating would take a lot of time to implement and if theres no screening on WHY theyre getting the rating they are people could just troll. or people that are sour about the advice they got would ruin people's rating.
(ยฏ`ยท she/her โ€ข
..`ยท. x est โ€ข ยทยดยฏ)
entp โ€ข 5w4 .ยทยด
.Image
Image Image

Image Image
โ–‘โ–‘โ€‡โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘
โ”Œ โœฆ collections
โ”‚โฎก โ€Ž dwrf hamsters
โ”‚โ€Žpps bws, '19 fae,
โ”” my sig shop

glitter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bluefly26799 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:13 am

glitter wrote:
Bluefly26799 wrote:
angst wrote:snip

snip

Where if people see a reply they dont agree with they can say why, flag it to the mods of the forums and the situation can be delt with while also letting people disagree without it being hostile (in the way you are not allowed to reply to your own trade in the current FTT which i never understood as if your partner is given bad advice you cant advocate for yourself at the moment)

this is good idea to make sure that the people who are allowed to give advice dont hold all the power. people could explain why they think the advice given was not correct and if someone's getting reported really often their role could be revoked.

i think having something visible on people's profiles thats like a communal rating would take a lot of time to implement and if theres no screening on WHY theyre getting the rating they are people could just troll. or people that are sour about the advice they got would ruin people's rating.

As much as i think it would be nice to have the ratings i agree that i think it would just be to complicated to implicate. not to mention you could end up with an OP rating for responses on say uncommons and below and you have 0 knowledge in list trade but as the ratings high people take your word for it which would just end up with a worse situation than it is now i think

I feel like everyone should be able to defend themselves. Also on a side unrelated hate you cant defend yourself in trades. Someone can reply and cancel however rude they like (say you send a fair trade and they go off at how unfair it is) but you cannot message even if you are polite and provide evidence as to why without it being perceived as hostile. lol with that small side rant out the way, being able to ask for a second opinion or prove why the response was wrong may also help to combat demand inflation a bit. If you and your partner value something as fair then the fact say one side has a rat doesnt matter but if the advice is pushing that the demands bad then the trade might be second guessed.
Bluefly26799

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me