What do you think about hoards?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Opinions on hoarding

I support it!
40%
I dont support it!
7%
I'm neutral
16%
Only if it's with non-valuable pets
38%

Total votes : 369

What do you think about hoards?

Postby Madel » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:33 pm

I've seen a lot of different opinions on hoarding.
Im wondering what does everyone thing of it, and why?

personally, I don't mind it. I don't hoard any pets but idrm what others do. But I also fully understand why people dont support it

please be nice and respectful to everyone, I just want to hear some other opinions!

╔══════════════════════╗
Mads | He/It | Adult
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Wildlife scientist working in
animal rehabilitation and
rescue. I'm often busy with
work but feel free to DM or
trade me regardless!
Always looking for
macaws, dragons, and wl pets.
Image Image
╚═════════════════════╝
Madel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: What do you think about hoards?

Postby CHINARIZING » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:42 pm

In the general/common definition, it's not for me (as in collecting a lot of a single pet or one single litter), but I enjoy doing "hoards" in the sense of collecting all of one species or a theme.

In all honesty, people can do whatever they want, but I can't help but feel somewhat "ehhh" about hoarding very high-demand pets, OMGSRs, and older store pets. This of course has no bearing on what I think of those CS players as people.

I think this has more to do with my frustration with the laissez-faire way CS has of running its economy though. If I didn't have so many big gripes with it, I'd definitely see OMGSR/high list/demand hoards (gained legitimately) as solely something noteworthy and high-achieving.

TL;DR: Hoards not for me but are very cool to see. The frustration with CS' economy is why I unfortunately cannot fully appreciate legit hoards of OMGSRs/lists though

CHINA 🐲 HE/HIM | ADULT PLAYER | ASIAN-AMERICAN
══════════════════════════════════════════
TRADE THREAD | ART THREAD | ART STORE

art, my OCs, working out, pins/buttons, charms/keychains, E/SE Asian cultures, WACA, WoF, SU, MLP, Minecraft, countries, bully breeds, country personifications, pop punk, alt rock, indie, midwest emo, flags, furry visnovels, obscure horror, early Internet

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
CHINARIZING

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Drive Like Jehu » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:45 pm

i'm ok with them but iffy when it's like omgsr's or other highly valuable pets. if you're gonna hoard those then at least don't make them NFT in my opinion, just so others get a chance to get their dream pet

i fully agree with the post above basically :)
keat(on) - he/him - adult - trans aromantic gay dude

liquidating most of my pets for FR. everything you see in the trade groups is for FR only, so trades offering pets/C$ will likely be cancelled.
i appreciate gifts but i will see them as currency gifts as i'll be trading them away (unless they're WL dwarf hammies... i collect those lol)

RICK FROBERG FOREVER! <3

> username is "Drive Like Jehu"
> look inside
> pfp is Obits
Drive Like Jehu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shepherd's dog » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:46 pm

i enjoy hoarding myself, and have quite a few hoards. vast majority are common / uncommon pets.

as mentioned above, it makes me a little uncomfy when people hoard higher demand pets; like having several sets of zodiac dogs, or a lot of omgsr just because they're so limited in trade rotation to start with. exaggerated w store pets.
    also as mentioned above, the opportunity to trade from hoards balances that a little.

that being said, i have a hoard of rare ponies, but when i completed the hoard they were uncommon. them being rares now doesn't really make me more inclined to split up the hoard. when you have an older account or start accumulating pets to trade up, your hoarding goals/priorities change, i'm sure.

end of the day, people can do what makes them happy and i don't mind. i like to keep large collections of pets that have personal meaning or that spark joy in some way, everyone has their reasons.
Last edited by shepherd's dog on Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
─────────

─────────

⚔︎
────────────

❝𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐝'𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐠
─ feral cat . adult . he/him ─
listographyarchive

────────────

⚔︎
─────────

─────────
shepherd's dog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GOLDEN KING » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:47 pm

im someone who hoards but i don't hoard any rlly valuable pets !! and i am also rlly autistic and my reasoning for keeping certain pets is that i genuinely get attached to them as if they were real animals and will feel bad for trading them lol
xxxx N E U R OxB O T Z

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXxx

xxxxxxxpookie | sketch shop | link | link | ©
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXxx
GOLDEN KING

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sincerely, iris » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:48 pm

I'm okay with hoards but like, I'm really iffy with valuable pets. I'm especially iffy with older store pets, like the Raven and Marionettes, because like, they're never EVER rereleased and I think it's more difficult for people to achieve their dreamies if one person has like, 10+.
...Imagexx❝𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
xImage<𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚘𝚘/𝙸𝚛𝚒𝚜>Image
𝙰𝚗𝚢 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚜
Hi hi! I'm Minsoo or Iris! Let's get along~!
genshin|omori|vocaloid|art|webtoon kinda?|
A bit anxious, please be kind and patient!

Image Image Image
𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬.❞
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
sincerely, iris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby namiette » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:48 pm

i personally love to hoard lower value pets! a lot of em have such cute and pretty designs, and it's just very satisfying having a group full of them. i think hoarding rares is okay too, but if it's anything higher than that it gets a bit iffy to me.

like the first post above, it doesn't make me think badly about people hoarding high value pets! it's just a bit unfair on others since there's already so few of those sorts of pets, and it can inflate their value even higher.

hello there! im nami, an artist, writer & gamer c:
she/her | lgbtqia+ | nzt

im a uni student, so i often don't have time for trades! sorry D:

namiette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pegasus4240 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:59 pm

I hoard and I don't mind others doing it, as well. :D
pegasus4240

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Madel » Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:59 pm

Thank you everyone for your thoughts! :)

I totally agree that the valuable pets are pretty iffy. Especially with old stores because if someone has like, 100 raven dogs it’ll be harder for players who aren’t as active with trading or don’t have as many pets.
Pets that get re-released or pets that are common are cool with me, I use to hoard come very common foxes from 2017. I dint have the hoard anymore, but it was really fun to do

neurobotz wrote:im someone who hoards but i don't hoard any rlly valuable pets !! and i am also rlly autistic and my reasoning for keeping certain pets is that i genuinely get attached to them as if they were real animals and will feel bad for trading them lol

Same, I have so many pets that were super important to me when I was younger and I could never part with them. I tend to get hyperfixted on a certain pet group ( it’s lions rn )

╔══════════════════════╗
Mads | He/It | Adult
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Wildlife scientist working in
animal rehabilitation and
rescue. I'm often busy with
work but feel free to DM or
trade me regardless!
Always looking for
macaws, dragons, and wl pets.
Image Image
╚═════════════════════╝
Madel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BeatrixDaybreak » Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:47 am

I dont at all mind the idea of hoarding. I'm sure that beyond a certain point, it becomes less frequent to be able to just casually trade for common pets after completing a certain amount of a collection. What are players supposed to do to fill the gaps in time between trading rares?

Not to mention, I've seen quite a few designs on this site that really stand out. They're fascinating. I have an intense need to collect them. When my wishlist gets a bit shorter (it's huge rn) I'll definitely start some hoards! I already have a few in mind. One of which being the croissant rats from this Valentine's Day- they're so cute!

Now, I'd like to add, I'm not a fan of all types of hoarding. Rare+ hoards arent something I'm a huge supporter of. Not that I would ever think of somebody differently or foe anybody over it, because I wouldn't. But I do believe that Rare+ hoards, especially with high value list/store pets, is really bad for the economy. My personal rule of thumb is to only have uncommon or below hoards, which isnt always the most fun, since I do have some rare designs that I absolutely adore. But I would never hoard them. Those are just my rules for myself though, I dont expect other CS players to abide by them! They can do what they want lol
BeatrixDaybreak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me