How Do You Organize Your Pets?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: How Do You Organize Your Pets?

Postby Sigesh » Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:29 pm

I used to have my pets grouped by species, but now I'm making groups based of themes :) I realized that I have way more fun doing it that way. For example I'm currently in the process of making groups named "enchanted forest" and "forbidden forest". The first one will contain all pets that look very... flowery? and like fairies. And the forbidden forest will be darker themed pets (mostly halloween ones). And I'm planning on a few more themes. That way I'm kinda creating my own custom events hihi

Sigesh | english & german | feel free to PM me :)
Trade post | Rare+ UFT | Event doubles

© Tree and leafes signature from TYPO
Sigesh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby plecostomus enjoyer » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:08 am

all my trade groups are sorted by species and rarity, with baby pets in their own group. my locked collection is sorted by species aside from my favorites, my hoard groups, my dressups and my flying store dog set. those are still locked, but are easier for displaying pets I'm proud of!
this system works best for me and makes it easier to trade with me, even though i love reorganizing my pets hehe. i find it fun.
hi im luce! im a disabled adult player. my pronouns are it/it/itself and hy/hym/hyr.
i love fish and i have two dogs, a border collie mix named rosie and a hound named chance!
all my pets, items and c$ can be traded in exchange for lorwolf and flight rising currency
plecostomus enjoyer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cuddlewuffle » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:10 am

used to have them sorted by species with special groups for my favorites/dressups but since i decided on collecting one of every pet, they're just sorted by year now, with the total number of pets in the group name so i can see my progress :p
check out my CS pet finder website!

http://whatpetdidiget.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if you're not sure what your Dec. 18th pet is worth, DO NOT accept any trades for it until you've checked if it's fair in the thread below!!

December 18th: Is this a fair trade?
cuddlewuffle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby conarcoin » Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:46 am

i'm honestly resisting the urge to reorganize my pets again... i'm never happy with however i sort them T-T

connor 🕯️ he/any 🎄 adult
conarcoin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

How do you organize your pets?

Postby xrosetea » Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:39 pm

I'm curious how everyone organizes their pet groups!
Are they meticulously organized by year, by lineart, by species, etc? Or do you have your own special, personal way of grouping them? I'd love to hear about it!

For example, as a new player, I used to group my pets based on where they would live (chickens in The Farm, fish in The Ocean), and am realizing I need a better, more organized method. I have a group of just duplicates to make it easier for trading, a group for pets with unknown rarity, and a group for all the deer I'm trying to collect!
Today, these little guys inspired me to create a group for pets that I really love: ImageImage

I'd love to hear what everyone does and if there are any unique ways you group your pets!

xxxxxxxxxxx
❀ rose ❀
she/her
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
wish
deer
carrd

xxxxxxxxxxx

𝕚𝕟𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪
╔═════════╗
Image Image
ImageImage
Image Image
╚═════════╝

xrosetea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: How do you organize your pets?

Postby TheOakWoods » Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:35 am

i originally sorted my pets by species, but it got a little complicated when i started getting pets that were completely different from the lines they were based on (ex. with this event, would i make a new folder just for martens? they use the otter lineart, but are decidedly not otters)

now i have them sorted by month/event, with another folder for doubles and another just for my spiders (my favorites)
TheOakWoods

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zixb0ki11j0i » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:11 am

I Have a folder for the growing monthlies that I call the Nursery, then a folder of my dreamies, which are the only pets that I dress up. I have yearly groups for the staff litters and summer event pets. And I have collection groups of other pets I like. Then I sort by species, and have seperate PPS groups. I also have special groups for Tess, Malk, and Nick pets, and a special group for what I call imposter pets. Then I have my trade groups with I sort by rarity, Holiday, staff, and summer events

ImageImageImageImage

StarboundUnicorn is my daughter, and I often send her gifts. We use the same computer so please don't ban us.
Zixb0ki11j0i

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CanisCoyote » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:34 am

I sort mine by species, mainly. Species groups are grouped together in categories based on taxonomy, so I have all the caniforms together, all the feliforms, rodents... etc. Some groups have a couple closely related species in it if the group would be too small or unlikely to ever get any more pets in it, like Okapi and Giraffe*, or if they would be hard to tell apart, like lions, tigers, leopards, and jaguar are all together, since they use the same lineart, and the only difference is how they are colored. (and there is a Tiger x Lion litter too...) So that group is essentially all the animals that are under "panthera" taxonomically. I keep the Otters, Ferrets, and Martens together since they are all mustelids, and it also reduces the number of groups. But, I have to keep a group that has just red panda in it, and one that has just skunks, because theres nothing else related enough to put together with them, even though they only have 2 pets in each of those groups.

When it comes to determining what species something is, I do not look at what lineart it is "based on", I mostly just look at what I think the animal would be called objectively, by someone who didn't know the CS linearts and what they are.

So these are both skunks, even though we know one is based on the dog lines and the other is based on the bunny lines, no one else would look at these and call them a dog or a bunny.
ImageImage

A pet like this, however, is just frustratingly enough in the middle that I have internal debates over what it is:
Ultimately, this is an edited fox to me so it goes in the fox group, because while it has a lot of antelope(?) traits, i would not look at it and say that it is an antelope, because it has a fox face, body, and paws.

I also have a bunch of groups that fall into the catagory "fantasy and prehistory", which is like butterfly wolves, dragons, unicorns, and so on. the prehistory stuff is from the cave event mainly, divided into time period because i was Not about to get into prehistoric taxonomy. It also leaves a group of 50 pets that are in the fantasy "Other" group like hamster gnomes, krampus, cyclops, toucan deer... all the crazy stuff that has been released over the years.

I do have a lot of "special" groups as well like staff litter group, favorites, hoards, and cosplay groups.

My trade groups are organized only by year, except for everything that is rare+ is in a rare trade group. I used to organize these by species as well, but as determined by the 'lines'/archive catagory, but it made it very difficult to trade so i do not reccomend it. If i was asking someone for a 2015 dog for example, i'd want to offer them something else from 2015, but then i'd have to go page after page in my dog group until i found 2015. Organizing by year is much more effective, I go to the 2015 group, and there are plenty of dogs mixed in throughout the group to pick from.

*of course 26 minutes after I posted this they released a new giraffe

Art selling/trading/buying - toyhou.se - My art gallery - Petz Site
Please link to my toyhou.se for all art credit. Thank you.
[I'm very scatterbrained, if I randomly stop replying to a convo or forget about some art I will be glad to receive another PM from you! It probably got buried in my inbox and erased from my brain.]
I LOVE ART TRADES
CanisCoyote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neonzebra79 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:49 pm

I sort my pets by species, pps, and rariety, but I have a 'growing' group, an 'unknown' rarity group, and an 'other' group for pets that don't fit in a category or for the species I don't have a lot of like spiders. I also have a couple of groups that are my favourites of that species. Favourite dogs, cats, and pps. I also will sort by rarity once the group gets bigger, I have a group for 'uncommon dogs' for example which has only uncommon or rarer.
Neonzebra79

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elen » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:59 pm

I sort my pets by year and month they were released, it's kinda easy to find specific pets this way, but if it comes to finding like pets based off of for eg. fruit it's quite hard xd but I like it this way anyway!
I also have the dreamies group, but that's typical I think c:
But it doesn't mean that I don't like my pets outside the dreamies group, each one is unique!
My Foxes group has foxes that really differ from the typical fox lineart [not all of them though,because I want to dress them properly]
In my ungrouped pets there are only two for now, fully dressed ones with softer backgrounds not like those typical bg with straight lines~

I saw a lot of interesting sorting in other accounts!
Sometimes I think it's more creative and easier to sort pets differently than me, so I'm also curious how other people sort their pets! c:

I'm on Chickensmoothie since 2008

Biggest Dreamie
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Elen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups