CS Pet Guide Project - Template added to 1st post

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: CS Pet Guide Project - UR draft p11

Postby Meduz » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:12 pm

Solloby wrote:Actually just listing the URs from oldest to newest might be a good idea, provided we follow them with our rarity change information.
-snip-

I agree that this is the best thing to do. The rarity change information is useful but grouping the URs based on it seems impossible. It's not like storepets where once they go OMGSR they're very very very likely to stay OMGSR. URs seem to be affected by every single release.
Last edited by Meduz on Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
x
x
x
x

β—€xxxxxxβ—₯
οΌ¨ο½…ο½Œο½Œο½οΌ

π™»πš’πš—πš”πšœ:
π™Όπš’ π™ΊπšŠπš•πš˜πš—πšœ
Blue Rose auction

β—£xxxxxxβ—’
Meduz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:25 pm

^ I'm glad you agree, I'd prefer to organise them that way now I think about it more.

I've updated the rarity map to incorporate months. So each number represent a month that the pet was OMGSR.
I got confused many times while working on this and there was some conflicting rarity data as well so I'm not confident with its accuracy, can anyone check the light purple boxes are accurate and consistent?
CS-Rarity-Map-Data-Coloured3.png
CS-Rarity-Map-Data-Coloured3.png (92.74 KiB) Viewed 124 times
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:21 am

Didn't we sometimes not get a rarity update until after 2-3 months? Wonder if that should be taken into consideration. Or maybe not idk.

(also wow look at dat Banana go what a track record whew)
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:18 am

Yes we did, but no idea how to track or incorporate that so hopefully it doesn't matter too much?
Once the numbers are checked DisabledLlama can graph them again (my excel is too old to do 3D lol, maybe I should upgrade...)
Then I will update the UR draft with all this info. We will need to collect historical information for the bottom section so if anyone has any interesting facts about UR pets to include, please share!
Solloby

Help
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CS Pet Guide Project - collecting UR pet info

Postby nickjr » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:16 pm

I wasn't around in 2010 so I'm not sure, but I thought I saw something about the UR Malk being in a separate box from the regular rerelease/UR box in 2010, where if you weren't lucky enough to get the UR Malk then you'd get one of these pretties? Were there two boxes on December 18, 2010--our favorite (in)famous giant question mark box AND a crate from Malk?

Please ignore me if I'm completely wrong.

But if I'm right then please confirm what I said lol I'm not sure where to start looking
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kee; » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:20 pm

nickjr wrote:I wasn't around in 2010 so I'm not sure, but I thought I saw something about the UR Malk being in a separate box from the regular rerelease/UR box in 2010, where if you weren't lucky enough to get the UR Malk then you'd get one of these pretties? Were there two boxes on December 18, 2010--our favorite (in)famous giant question mark box AND a crate from Malk?

Please ignore me if I'm completely wrong.

But if I'm right then please confirm what I said lol I'm not sure where to start looking

I don’t think so? I think those foxes were just a regular adopt in December.
    I also didn’t use the forums much at all in 2010 since I had only recently joined in 2010 so I could be wrong.

-kee
β”€ππ‘πŽπ“π‡π„π‘, π€ππ€πŠπˆπ.─
leo | she/her | athlete
american | vegetarian
π˜πŽπ”.β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β˜…
song of the week:
with every wish by bruce springsteen
kee;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:27 pm

Those are foxes though, UR Malk is a dog.
Could always try the web.archive Wayback machine to try and check? I also missed the Dec 2010 rerelease, I came back in Jan 2011 irrc.

Autocorrect is driving me nuts, I'm not talking about UR Mall fixes!
Solloby

Help
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:48 pm

A UR Mall... -drools at the image- It would be so grand... Imagine the splendour of a scene that we adopt right out of the big question mark box

anyway You guys are right and I was only half-right--yep those Malk foxes I linked are placed correctly in Dec 2010, not Advent 2010, in the archives =P BUT

there was a separate box for rereleased Malk pets, and it included the UR Malk (becomes clearer as you go through the search results)

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:05 pm

Oh that is interesting. I wonder if that is why it's rarity was lower than its UR mates at first. I don't think we can comment on that, but it being released in a separate box is definitely interesting information to include in our historical pet information.

Someone mentioned that UR Tiger had a release issue, is there any more information about this?
If there was an issue it looks like it was corrected quickly because UR Tiger seems to be the same rarity as UR Rat. Which raises the question why they were so far apart on the rares list but whatever...

Does that make UR Rat the rarest rat on the site?
UR BFW would be the rarest butterfly wolf too then.
Same for UR Cat UR Mint Horse, UR Lion. Is this worth mentioning?
Is there any point in trying to identify the rarest of each pet line on the site for players who want to aim for the top, or is that pointless?
Solloby

Help
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:12 pm

I'm not sure if we can comment on what being in separate boxes could mean for rarities for 2010 URs. Theoretically the UR Malk could be equally as rare as the other 2010 URs with the right % and assuming that most everyone adopted to the max on both boxes.

I don't know if this is related, but while looking for the Dec 18 pet IDs, I found out that the Dec 18, 2010 box(es) was(were) available a little bit into Dec 19, 2010 server time. (And the Dec 24, 2011 box was available a little into Dec 25 server time.) Could be compensation for downtime on Dec 18, 2010/Dec 24, 2011 maybe? I don't know why these were available further in when we've been able to have pets released on the dot at midnight UTC+0 since 2009.

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me