The Guide to Unreleased Pets & Zebras [updated 31-12-2023]

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

The Guide to Unreleased Pets & Zebras [updated 31-12-2023]

Postby DaDwarf » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:13 am

The Guide to Unreleased Pets & Zebras

What does "Unreleased/UR" mean?
On the 18th of December, 2008, 4 pets were released during the advent calendar. These were pets classed as "Unreleased" because they were pets made for Chicken Smoothie that were never released at any other time but on December 18th. They come from the big box only available on 18th of december. New 'unreleased' pets have also been released for every December 18th since!

But my pet says 19th/24th December, is it still a rerelease?

Yes!
In 2009 the website went down for a large part of the day, resulting in people not being able to adopt. The box was extended until the 19th but those who did adopt on the 19 could not adopt again!

In 2011 a miscalculation was made in how many people got online to adopt the box, resulting in almost no older pets, but only much newer and less rare pets to be released. To offset this mistake and bring more pets into circulation, another rerelease was held on 24th of december with the same statisticics!

So far these are the only 'other' dates for the 18th! 19 december 2009 and 24 december 2011.

what about store pets?

Store pets accidentally got rereleases once but have never been in the rerelease box since that time.

What do these "Unreleased/UR" pets look like?

The 4 pets below made their first appearance in 2008 on the 18th of December. They have been released during the 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 Advent Calenders. The UR Cat was originally a Banned Members Custom. Some of the bananas were deleted when they were first released because members didn't want a rotten banana in their collection.

ImageImage Image
UR Butterfly Wolf ---------------- UR Mint Horse ---------------- UR Banana

UR Cat

The 3 pets below made their first appearance in 2009 on the 18th of December. They have been released during the 2009, 2010 and 2011 Advent Calenders.

Image Image Image
UR 09 Dog ---------------- UR Purple Horse ---------------- UR Apple

The 4 pets below made their first appearance in 2010 on the 18th of December. Malk had a special box during this advent calendar where you had the chance to adopt her first "Unreleased/UR" pet.

Image Image Image
UR Tiger Dog ---------------- UR Rat ---------------- UR Grapes

UR Malk Dog

Another year, another 18th...2011 brought us two new Unreleased/UR pets. The Lion and the Cucumber/Pickle :)

Image Image
UR Lion ---------------- UR Cucumber

December 18th 2012 and we get 3 new UR's :)
ImageImageImage
UR Flower Pot ---------------- UR Ice/Chia Cat ---------------- UR Cookie/UR Aussie

December 18th, 2013!
ImageImageImage
Ur hollywing dog ----------- Ur Bee ---------- Ur egg/Ur chicken

December 18th, 2014!
ImageImage
UR Pineapple ----------- UR Bengal PPS Cat

December 18th 2015, we get another fantastic set of new UR's! The UR peach has a big growth stage of 9!
ImageImage
UR Peach ----------- UR Foal

December 18th 2016!
ImageImage
UR Zonkey ----------- UR CinnaBun/Can

December 18th 2017!
ImageImage
UR Peas ----- UR Fox

December 18th 2018!
ImageImage
UR Strawberry ----- UR Galaxy Cat

December 18th 2019!

ImageImage
Ur Squid ---- Ur Avocado/ Ur Teacup

December 18th 2020!

ImageImage
Ur Kirin ---- UR S'mores/Marshmallow

December 18th 2021!

ImageImage
UR Flamingo ---- UR Pumpkin/Pie

December 18th 2022!
ImageImage
UR PPS Dragon - UR Orange Tree - UR pastel/Holo Dog

December 18th 2023!

ImageImage
UR Western Dragon - UR Pancakes

For the first time ever, we also got an item rerelease and with that came 3 UR items!
They were moddled after the 2022 UR pets

ImageImageImage
UR Dragon Cake - UR Holo Cake - UR Orange Cake

How do I get an "Unreleased/UR" pet and how rare are they?

The only time you can adopt an "Unreleased/UR" pet is on the 18th of December. There is a random chance that you might get one of these pets, out of several other hundred pets being released from the same box, and you are only allowed to adopt from this box twice. This makes the "Unreleased/UR" pets Very Rare and OMG So Rare. They are highly sought after, and are very popular, making them quite difficult to trade for.

Why can't I adopt from the big box on the 18th of December?

Because the 18th gives you the chance to get older pets, many people are tempted to cheat. To help keep the CS economy in order, Nick implemented a system that will stop new members from adopting from the box.

Nick wrote:The cheating isn't merely a theoretical possibility, it's a certainty. Look at the graph of number of people creating accounts from last Dec 18th:

-graph no longer works but showed a huge spike of people making accounts-

Chicken Smoothie suddenly becomes "extremely popular" at midnight, release time.

Because of the rarity of the pets being released today, cheating threatens to ruin the rarity of all the valuable pets in the game. This protection is in place to stop the Chicken Smoothie economy being destroyed. Having the game economy ruined by cheaters is no fun for anybody.

Remember...It is against the rules to create multiple accounts

The Zebras

How do I get a Zebra?

While Equimagine's lines were still being released in 2009 and 2010, there was a small chance you could get a Zebra from all the horseshoes she released. All you had to do was adopt her pets and hope you were lucky enough to get one and this system is still used with Yulynh's Horses and Ponies. Users had a 1 in 40,000 chance of getting a Zebra, and they are, collectively, the rarest pets on Chicken Smoothie. The Zebra's are released this way because Zebra's are Tess' favorite animal, and she wants to keep them extra special. Since the retirement of Equimagine's lines, and the arrival of Yulynh's new lines, the Zebra's are only being released intermittently. They have not been retired and are not under the "Unreleased/UR" class.

interesting wrote:On June 1st 2010, there was a mix-up with the way Zebra's were released, and there was a 7% higher chance of getting a Zebra. This was rectified after about 10 minutes, but there were about 14 extra Zebra's adopted that month. This slightly lowered the over all rarity of the Mountains Zebra, which is the more common of the 3 Zebra's. Although this isn't the only reason, the Mountains Zebra has had several rarity changes over the 2010 Advent Calender, going down from OMG So Rare to Very Rare, then back up again. You can see all the fluctuations in the Rarity Changes Archive linked at the bottom of the thread

There are 3 Zebras. The Mountains Zebra, the Grevy's Zebra and the Plains Zebra. Below you can see the current line-arts and a chart with the old lineart!

Mountains Zebra
ImageImageImage

Grevy's Zebra
ImageImageImage

Plains Zebra
ImageImageImage

OLD Images of what the zebra's looked like!

If you liked this guide, you might also like these:

"The" Rares List Guide
Rarity Changes Archive!
Zebra Discussion
Last edited by DaDwarf on Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:32 am, edited 48 times in total.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A Guide to Unreleased Pets <3

Postby Minimanta » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:20 am

Hmm, no not only for the unreleased pets. But we have the cat on my cat guide, the b-wolf on Royannas b-wolf guide and the horse on Iceskys horse guide. The only one we're missing is the banana.

And I guess the zebras can go under here too. I would say they are 'unreleased' too. At least even rarer than the original 4 unreleaseds... And I would think the zebras would be nice to have a guide on... To avoid future confusion.
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Banana's Own Guide! :3

Postby Bolt1784 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:23 am

Okai, changed now. XD
»
Bolt1784

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:25 am

I don't think the banana can have it's on guide XD

Do a guide for the unreleased pets as you said. And include the zebras.^^
That would be a very usefull guide!
ImageImageImage
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tricks » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:27 am

Yes. Umm.... So,where will you get the banana picture?

i'm full of rats
inactive

tricks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bolt1784 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:28 am

Minimanta wrote:I don't think the banana can have it's on guide XD

Do a guide for the unreleased pets as you said. And include the zebras.^^
That would be a very usefull guide!

-runs back to re-change again- XD Is confuzzled
»
Bolt1784

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Guide to Unreleased Pets

Postby Minimanta » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:30 am

Unreleased is good^^ Stay with that.
Then we have an official guide for them, instead of have to run from the one guide to the other.
ImageImageImage
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tricks » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:32 am

I think Tess has some zebras. Do you think you should ask her if you could use the pictures?

i'm full of rats
inactive

tricks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bolt1784 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:34 am

whoawoo4 wrote:I think Tess has some zebras. Do you think you should ask her if you could use the pictures?

Yeah, i'll need permission first. ^^
»
Bolt1784

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tricks » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:36 am

Yeah. if I ever get a banana or something, I will try to let you know.

And I think you can use the pictures in the archive. They might have some pictures of unreleaseds.

i'm full of rats
inactive

tricks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me