*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide *New* UR Peach Poll! Vote!

Postby Mozzy. » Fri May 25, 2018 9:43 pm

Artistacat wrote:I think that maybe the PPS cat dragon should be added because it is getting more and more popular and higher in demand. I know that it is a store pet so not sure if this is a good suggestion. Thanks!

There are plenty of pets that should be added, the PPS Dragon Cat is not one of them.
It's only demand driving the crazy prices, it's not even that rare.
moz | female | aedt | mozzy#1556
Mozzy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EmberzTale » Sat May 26, 2018 4:53 am

I agree; I don't think the PPS Dragon Cat is rare enough to be added. I've seen tons of them around.

I do think the Panda Rats should be added though.
..Image
╔══════════════════════════════╗
xxxx. I'm Ember! lights off
xxxxxxxxxxxI'm a huge fan of the Vampire
xxx Diaries! I love Katherine Pierce!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxShe/Her - Scorpio
╚══════════════════════════════╝

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
x.emberocsfurry-pawscredit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

EmberzTale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crystal_Winterz » Sat May 26, 2018 4:55 am

EmberzTale wrote:
I agree; I don't think the PPS Dragon Cat is rare enough to be added. I've seen tons of them around.

I agree, it is the same as the cheshire. It has so much demand that people are willing to pay lists for them, but in comparison to other pets, they are basically wrothless
Crystal_Winterz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myth; » Sat May 26, 2018 5:00 am

Hold your horses.. the raven was extremely common when it was added to the rares list? It was added because it was in good demand if I recall correctly, even though it was rare for a whole year. So why stop pets with demand and a very rare tag being added too? They're suffering the same circumstances as the raven, and actually no one has any idea how rare very rares are.
I've quit chicken smoothie.

I might log in every now and then but don't expect me to.

Need me? Find me on Discord: myth--and--destiny#1901

sticks and stones may break our bones...
... But words can be fatal.
Be mindful of the feelings of others and treat them how you want to be treated.
myth;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Animall » Sat May 26, 2018 5:08 am

myth + destiny wrote:Hold your horses.. the raven was extremely common when it was added to the rares list? It was added because it was in good demand if I recall correctly, even though it was rare for a whole year. So why stop pets with demand and a very rare tag being added too? They're suffering the same circumstances as the raven, and actually no one has any idea how rare very rares are.

I agree - we can’t just dismiss Artistacat’s opinion under the circumstance of “demand” because there are plenty of pets on this list that are on list solely due to its demand. That is entirely unfair. If we plan on continuing to update this list, it’s sad to say, but rarity isn’t really the main focus. It’s mainly demand-based. Hello, there are OMGSR pets that are below the gap.

This is why people are afraid of posting on this thread. Everyone’s so quick to tear opinions down and suppress them. If everyone is saying that the PPS Dragoncat is worth a low-mid advent, then why ignore it?

Do you laugh about me whenever I leave?
Or do I still need more therapy?
(fake out)

↞ infj ⎯ she/her ⎯ adult user ↠

trade thread
auction thread

ImageImageImage
Animall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takk » Sat May 26, 2018 5:11 am

Part of the reason is because buying store pets became much more common around '12 or '13. Not may people were buying C$ and therefor not buying many store pets either. Since this has changed quite drastically (which we can see from the rare tag vs. the VR), it's certainly a lot harder for newer store pets to make it onto the list
I consider it a silly demand thing myself, at any given time there are three auction, advertisements on the trade thread, it's not hard to find it's just ridiculous to trade for ^^"
Being a pack exclusive pet and PPS, it's been horribly popular since it's orignial release, but I see no reason to throw it onto the list at this point in time; some '11 store aren't even considered rare enough yet. I cannot see it being added while pets release before it, in less quantity and trade supply are left in the dark. It's unfair and doesn't make any sense
Quitting CS, looking to sell Lists and Store pets for art
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myth; » Sat May 26, 2018 5:12 am

Animall wrote:
myth + destiny wrote:Hold your horses.. the raven was extremely common when it was added to the rares list? It was added because it was in good demand if I recall correctly, even though it was rare for a whole year. So why stop pets with demand and a very rare tag being added too? They're suffering the same circumstances as the raven, and actually no one has any idea how rare very rares are.

I agree - we can’t just dismiss Artistacat’s opinion under the circumstance of “demand” because there are plenty of pets on this list that are on list solely due to its demand. That is entirely unfair. If we plan on continuing to update this list, it’s sad to say, but rarity isn’t really the main focus. It’s mainly demand-based. Hello, there are OMGSR pets that are below the gap.

This is why people are afraid of posting on this thread. Everyone’s so quick to tear opinions down and suppress them. If everyone is saying that the PPS Dragoncat is worth a low-mid advent, then why ignore it?

Exactly!

I get why we dismiss the shima longtail, that really isn't rare enough for the list, but store pets with good demand and worth should be considered. And I think the 2011 Tess Dragon needs to be reconsidered too, they're awful hard to find and even when I find them, it's expected I offer several 2009 rares. Which I agree with, like the August/July/May lions, they've been very rare since they were released.

Not that I'm saying those at the top need to make these changes now, but it should at east be discussed and considered by us all before we shoot someone down for having a valid opinion.
I've quit chicken smoothie.

I might log in every now and then but don't expect me to.

Need me? Find me on Discord: myth--and--destiny#1901

sticks and stones may break our bones...
... But words can be fatal.
Be mindful of the feelings of others and treat them how you want to be treated.
myth;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Erythro » Sat May 26, 2018 5:14 am

It looks like the Arabians were added 5 years after they were released. Following that guideline, I do think it's time to update the list with 2012 store pets and move the ones released before 2012 upwards. That said, I think it's safe to say we can wait another year before considering the dragon cat pps.

EDIT;; Here is a list of pets I will be counting with the code once my boyfriend and I can sit down and work on this code. I'm in the middle of traveling and start class again next week and since I am taking classes at home, we are currently 4 hours apart so we will only be able to work on the code when I am able to go see him.
Erythro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stan. » Sat May 26, 2018 7:00 am

Takk wrote:Part of the reason is because buying store pets became much more common around '12 or '13. Not may people were buying C$ and therefor not buying many store pets either. Since this has changed quite drastically (which we can see from the rare tag vs. the VR), it's certainly a lot harder for newer store pets to make it onto the list
I consider it a silly demand thing myself, at any given time there are three auction, advertisements on the trade thread, it's not hard to find it's just ridiculous to trade for ^^"
Being a pack exclusive pet and PPS, it's been horribly popular since it's orignial release, but I see no reason to throw it onto the list at this point in time; some '11 store aren't even considered rare enough yet. I cannot see it being added while pets release before it, in less quantity and trade supply are left in the dark. It's unfair and doesn't make any sense

I agree, it's littermaters seem to be just between the line of rare and very rare, I don't think the PPS is close to be scarse, it's probably more common than some less popular store pet sets.

If it was added to the list, at most I think it would fit into the tier 1 of the advent list, and slowly work its way up as time goes by. But I still think we're a couple of years away from that, something like slapping it into the mid-advents wouldn't be a good idea.

On the topic of store pets on the list tho, I'm a bit surprised no one has mentioned the alien and fluffy dogs sets from 2012. Perhaps they aren't advertised much, but I haven't seen many around, just some in very broken sets. I feel like I've seen more Arabians and Carousel horses

EmberzTale wrote:

I wholly agree with the panda rats. I have the feeling many old rats didn't get a spot on the list due to the species 'bad demand', but are more than rare enough. Heck, rats used to be adopted even less than dogs, I wouldn't be surprised if they were much rarer than what it seems at first glance
stan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sat May 26, 2018 7:57 am

Also to add in, no. This is not mostly a demand based list. There’s a large reason why many ‘demand based’ pets are not on here. As in: July lioness. August pps. Dragon cat pps.
This is a list for the rarest pets, and these pets are not rare enough to be added no matter how much demand others may say they have.

This list takes into consideration demand, but it is not a demand based list. We also take into consideration circulation (in which all the pets listed above are trades around so often and so readily available I again don’t see why they would be put on here), and rarity.
And I’m fairly sure we’ve come to a community agreement to not include demand as strongly as we go through correcting pets.

So we aren’t shooting anyone down or trying to be unwelcoming, we are saying why these pets are not going to be considered to be put on here for a very long time.

If we went throwing pets on that had good demand every time just because people say it’s worth that, we would have an insane mess of just demand based placements.
Just because people say demand is worth list, doesn’t make it true. =)
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups