August Outcomes - Posting open for New growths

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

August Outcomes - Posting open for New growths

Postby DisabledLlama » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:47 am

August Outcomes

Sorren Fey wrote:When will people learn that the server is not on New Zealand Time. It wasn't for ages. Its on GMT/UTC.

Pets are released Midnight GMT time.
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

Hard refresh this page before posting new growths. Click here to learn how to hard refresh.

Table Of Contents

- Table of contents and Rules: (First Post) DisabledLlama
- Charts: All Outcomes (Second Post) Chry
- Specials: Staff B/days, Surprises, Store Pets (Third Post) Chry
- Hints : (Fourth Post) Atwood
- New! Wendigo's Monthly Pet Review (Fifth Post) - Wendigo
DisabledLlama is taking a break from charting this month ;)

RULES

1. The point isn't who does what. The point is to do something nice for the community of CS. So please; NO DRAMA. This goes for people who are not volunteering too.
  2. No whining if your pet isn't posted. Often, the poster has the pet themselves or got a message before yours.
  3. This rule only applies to the posters of the outcomes: PLEASE disable your signatures for these specific posts. If you are confused about how to do so, don't hesitate to ask.
  4. NO chatting! If you don't have a new growth to post, then don't post. Go here to discuss and show off your growing/grown pets, please, this is not the topic for that.
    May topic was okay (until I went away). Lets try and keep it that way. :)
  5. Don't post 'Bookmarking'. If you would like to keep track of this thread, go down to the very bottom of the page. There is a small link called 'Bookmark Topic'. Click it, and it will save this topic in your bookmarks.
    To view your bookmarked topics, go to your User Control Panel, then the list down the side 'Manage Bookmarks'.
  6. When posting a pet growth, please put an item underneath the pet so the image may be saved and charted without the name tag.
  7. If someone makes an off-topic post (commenting about the pets, etc), please don't post to tell them off, either click the report button, or PM them and ask them to remove it. :)
    If they get snarky, tell them it's in the topic rules.

Thank you. =)

OTHER OUTCOME THREADS

2nd Gen: link
October '08: link
November '08: link
December '08: link
January '09: link
February '09: link
March '09: link
April '09: link
May '09: link
June '09:link
July '09: link
August '09: link
September '09: link
October '09: link
November '09: link
December '09: link
January '10: link
February '10: link
March '10: link
April '10: link
May '10: link
June '10: link
July '10: link
August '10: You are here! (incredible, no?)
Last edited by DisabledLlama on Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
DisabledLlama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: August Outcomes - Charts

Postby Chry » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:50 am

Charts

You can now find all the charts in the archive :)

Second Generation

Last edited by Chry on Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:58 am, edited 6 times in total.
Chry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: August Outcomes - Specials

Postby Chry » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:51 am

Specials

All the Specials are now in the Archive :)
Last edited by Chry on Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Chry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: August Outcomes - Hints

Postby Atwood » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:08 pm

Hints

Hints about this month's pets will be added as they are found. ;3

On Selcouth's Litter:
Selcouth wrote:About the blanket- I couldn't really think of anything to do, so I just sketched a really quick clock-tower. :3" It kind of fits with their theme, if you use your imagination...

Selcouth wrote:I think all I can say about my pups is that they where intended to be shop dogs, originally, and that they took almost three days to create. XD;;
Selcouth wrote:I hope you all like this month's litter! Though everyone's high expectations kind of scare me a bit. owo;; Just remember, I haven't confirmed nor denied anything about what they will look like; so if they don't turn out exactly as you're expecting, try not to be too disappointed? ^^;;;
If it's worth anything, I quite like them. :3 They where made around the same time as the "Eat Me" and "Drink Me" sets, and I had a really good artistic streak going at the time.
Selcouth wrote:Truth be told, I was {and still am} rather worried about what people would think about the stone pups... I really just wanted to play with the texture, the small cracks and "rough" feeling of stone or statues. It was less about creating something really "out there" and more about experimentation with texture. The CS dogs are like my guinea-pigs, figuratively speaking, and I tend to test out new ideas on them first, before applying those new skills to my other work. :3"
I do think they make good pets, though. Especially the ungrown one. ^^ That one has a few more... cracks, than the first.

Confirmed that there are only two outcomes for the litter:
Selcouth wrote:@Madame Butterfly: I guess I've dropped enough hints to say that, yes, there are only two outcomes. ^^; A bit clear if you think about the three-pup adoption limit... Tess isn't that evil, not unless it's a holiday. {Grinning puppies of dooooom~ o_o}

Yes, it was Blink that kind of forced me to do them. |D I had the idea before I saw the episode, but I wasn't really sure that it would make the best dogs... Then I saw it, and absolutely had to do it. :3""

@Kestral: Aha, I can never look at an angel state again without jumping a bit. X3;; One of the best Doctor Who episodes yet, but oh so scary.
I think the pups are much less terrifying, though, so no worries. :3
Selcouth wrote:@Kestral: Yes, they are stone. :3
After the Doctor Who episode "Blink", I just had to try my hand at statue-esque pets~
For those who don't follow Doctor Who, the episode 'Blink' involves statues. Very scary statues.

On the Peacock Litter:
Nepherim wrote:You guy's probably be disappointed by my puppies, but be patient. X3 <3

Sorren Fey wrote:
Nepherim wrote:Well, like I said. You'll have to be patient to see the final result. The puppies are pretty uggleee. :thumbdown:
I have to agree. lol
But the adults are just a-ma-zing! <3
Sorren Fey wrote:They are not exactly ugly, just not as pretty as the adult. ;)
Nepherim wrote:
Minimanta wrote:
Nepherim wrote:Well.. There aren't 7, but there aren't 3 either.

I bet one of the pups will have multiple adult outcomes =3

Well It's a good thing CS is not a gambling site. ;3
Nepherim wrote:My personal favorite is the one still in the blanket right now. By Far. ;3
Nepherim wrote:I can say the last outcome is absolutely nothing like the first three. :x

On the Store Pets:
Sorren Fey wrote:
Kindles wrote:
I got myself the store pets. Very excited to see their second stage, as that will be interesting to see. 83

Don't get too excited about the pup stage because I was very lazy with them. |D

On Bouquetblu's Butterfly Wolves:
bouquetblu wrote:
Khemo wrote:Sooo pretty. <3 This litter so far reminds me of a porcelain tea set. Especially this one. (Thus I named her Porcelain xD)

*rings bell* DING DING DING! Well done, you guessed correct. You win a whole month's supply of non-existent tea! 83
This one was my favourite. <3
Last edited by Atwood on Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:11 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: August Outcomes - No Posting

Postby Rainbow Dash » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:49 am

-- MONTHLY REVIEWS --
- August 2010 -
- Reinventing blocks of text since last week -

-- DOGS --

Nepherim's Peafowl Dogs

Peafowl. Because a peacock refers to a male peafowl. This is Nepherim's debut litter, and I have to say we should give Neph a pat on the back (or a brofist) for rising to stardom so fast. Being kind of a feather taxidermy geek, I was excited to see a peafowl litter because if you're going to pick one bird to make a litter off of, it's going to a peafowl. I thought this outcome going from bobtail to normal tail was a very cute idea. This litter perfectly captures the peafowl's elegance and I really have to hand the "best litter of the month" award to Neph. The only possible thing I could think of to improve this litter is a lineart edit. Maybe adding the coronary feathers?

Shima.Luan's Pink Dogs

I had a bit of nostalgia looking at these dogs, they seemed awfully familiar. Then I remembered, they look like Shima's Glacial litter, and that's the biggest problem facing this otherwise decent litter. They did overcome one massive hurdle though; get past the kneejerk reaction to pink most teenagers (AKA the main demographic of CS) have. Shima managed to pull off pink tastefully, without overloading people with too bright a shade or underwhelming people with more reddish shades. She struck a perfect balance with an easy to slip up with color. But otherwise, they come across as repeats of the Glacial litter. Changing the ear/tail combo and emphasizing elegance and delicateness with the design would most certainly improve them. But overall Shima took an inch and went a mile with it. She turned this pink disliker into a pink believer.

Selcouth's Statue Dogs

Selcouth (previously Hoshiko) was disadvantaged from the get-go. Through no fault of her own, the hype around the Statue litter grew to fever pitch, mostly because of the hinting that they were originally store dogs. People equate store dogs with major lineart edits, which is what the community was expecting. We got lineart edits, just not the more elaborate ones players were waiting for. It may be we simply had much too high expectations, but after the growths many players had a look of ".... uh-wha?" on their face. The lineart edits the Statue dogs do have are true to the theme and look like authentic wear and tear on a statue rather than lasso tool-delete that most artists do with broken stone, so clearly Selcouth took care in this litter. This is just me thinking out loud here, but what would've been pretty rad is showing the progression of the statue. From construction, to standing over an empire, to the fall and collapse of the statue from years of neglect. Selcouth is a great second for this month though.
Last edited by Rainbow Dash on Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[: Veterinary professional | Female | Hobbyist artist :]
Image Image Image Image
New Chicken Smoothie Tarot
[: Free-to-Use CS Graphics || Request Free CS Graphics || Every Pet As a Stamp Project :]
Sig art by me || Avatar by Scragster || Busy with work! Might be slow to respond!
Rainbow Dash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: August Outcomes - Posting open for New growths

Postby Siliandra » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:06 pm

day 5
Siliandra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minaethiel » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:08 pm

Day 6 from Sorren's b-wolves :3 Image <--- this guy

Day 6 from Shima's litter =)
Minaethiel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skïttles » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:46 pm

There is a third outcome for the pink dog. (just thought I might say that.)
✂ - - - - - - - - links

[[ art shop
[[ trade thread
It is my un-birthday today!
It is everyone's un-birthday!
...unless it is your birthday,
then it cannot be your un-birthday!

This is Etsy...say "Hi" :)

I JUST WANNA SNUGGLE HER SHE'S SO CUTE!
skïttles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hanoverian » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:39 pm

Selcouth wrote:Simultaneously a bump and an announcement. :3

I'm home~~~ =w= Back to the middle of no where, with full-time internet. So I'll hopefully be a bit more active. c:
I hope you all like this month's litter! Though everyone's high expectations kind of scare me a bit. owo;; Just remember, I haven't confirmed nor denied anything about what they will look like; so if they don't turn out exactly as you're expecting, try not to be too disappointed? ^^;;;
If it's worth anything, I quite like them. :3 They where made around the same time as the "Eat Me" and "Drink Me" sets, and I had a really good artistic streak going at the time.

Hint! She posted this at her fan club. ^.^;
Hanoverian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Duani » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:04 pm

Image<- All grew