The "Is this a fair Trade?" thread.

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

The "Is this a fair Trade?" thread.

Postby qhost » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:30 am

Unsure if a trade is fair? Want to know what a pet is worth? Auctioning a pet and want to know which offer is best? Post here! :)
Last edited by qhost on Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
    -
    she/they | adult | australia | artist | writer
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

My name is Boo & I am perpetually tired.
    I have real bad anxiety so I take a while to respond
    to msgs sometimes, sorry!
    -
qhost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Needs advice on a few trades...

Postby Solfeggio » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:36 am

I would personally wait for -Firestar- to answer this question (I consider her authority when it comes to rares and trades XD), but I'll contribute a bit if it'll help n_n

In regards to the PPS vs. tan October trade, I guess it would depend on how you feel about the October. Personally I hold on more to the watermelon pup and green swirly with bi-colored eyes more...for their "rarity" and looks, as well. They look a bit more interesting than the tan moon.

On the other hand, you could view the PPS vs. Birthday Dog trade as a swap of event pets. ^^; At least, for me.

Regarding the rats...hmm, I dunno, rats just don't cut it for me for the Red X pps. Wasn't it a sort of rare from September? Maybe they could offer just one dog, along with the rats? Or maybe one dog, and three rats. ^^;

Just my two cents ^^
when first i appear i seem mysterious
but when explained i'm nothing serious

{ characters · art shop }
Solfeggio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:41 am

The moon dog is uncommon actually. There was only one rare for Oct- the pink watermelon.
You have a sound way of thinking though. The sept special seems to be your best deal as not many people seem to want to trade for those, but you can equally re-get the brown Oct if necessary. Remember that October was the month where there were a ton of pets and no adoption limit so there are more Octs around than the other months.

Unfortunatly, I'm a bit clueless on rats. Sorry.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby qhost » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:50 am

gLove wrote:I would personally wait for -Firestar- to answer this question (I consider her authority when it comes to rares and trades XD), but I'll contribute a bit if it'll help n_n

In regards to the PPS vs. tan October trade, I guess it would depend on how you feel about the October. Personally I hold on more to the watermelon pup and green swirly with bi-colored eyes more...for their "rarity" and looks, as well. They look a bit more interesting than the tan moon.

On the other hand, you could view the PPS vs. Birthday Dog trade as a swap of event pets. ^^; At least, for me.

Regarding the rats...hmm, I dunno, rats just don't cut it for me for the Red X pps. Wasn't it a sort of rare from September? Maybe they could offer just one dog, along with the rats? Or maybe one dog, and three rats. ^^;

Just my two cents ^^

Thanks for your little bit of advice x3

For the PPS and October, well I only have one spare of that pet, but then as you said it isn't the rarest of the Octobers... *still very confused* XD

I like the idea of swapping the PPS for the Sept. Special, actually, because it's also a friend of mine who sent that trade.

For the September PPS for the rats...I'm not sure. I think I'll cancel it, because the only dogs I'm missing is an August and two Julys, excluding the PPS Valentines. I doubt anyone will trade an August or July for a September :lol:

-Firestar- wrote:The moon dog is uncommon actually. There was only one rare for Oct- the pink watermelon.
You have a sound way of thinking though. The sept special seems to be your best deal as not many people seem to want to trade for those, but you can equally re-get the brown Oct if necessary. Remember that October was the month where there were a ton of pets and no adoption limit so there are more Octs around than the other months.

Well...I'm still not sure if I should trade the October or the Sept. Special...XD

As I said above I'm going to cancel the rat trade, because no one seems sure about it XD
    -
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

-
qhost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mausoleum » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:07 am

I would say that an October would be the rarest month you'd ever want to trade a pet from :3 I'd go with the uncommon moon (its rarity is uncommon but as there was no pet adoption limit there's hundreds of them floating around.)
Kii Project + Lox Recolours + House of Snarkiness + Lackless Deviantart + Art competition = My Stuff.
If you'll excuse me, I'm going to lock myself in the pantry and drown my sorrows in bottled water and granola bars.
"I am an artist, not a printer" Remember that and heck yes, I said it first :U

Mausoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby qhost » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:16 pm

Oh nevermind, I just got one for a Valentines rat! (which is a lot better, I think).
    -
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

-
qhost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The "Is this a fair Trade?" thread! (anyone can post)

Postby qhost » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:42 pm

Updated. Maybe this thread will be stickied one day... 0.o
    -
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

-
qhost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solfeggio » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:44 pm

I don't have anything to consult yet, but I am sure one of my friends is going to love this thread. >u<
when first i appear i seem mysterious
but when explained i'm nothing serious

{ characters · art shop }
Solfeggio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gay » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:07 am

-Firestar- wrote:The moon dog is uncommon actually. There was only one rare for Oct- the pink watermelon.

Not true, the grown forms of the brown striped pup were also rare. Problem is, that people adopted so many pups, that they were common.

About rats, they were the same through both September and October. All had only one outcome, with the exception of the panda rat, which had 3. I don´t know which one of the outcomes was rarer. Some people say it was the pink, others, the blue. In my experience, the orange one was the rarest.

Both September PPS were actually common compared to their grown forms. I had seen TONS of threads in September of people trading the red X PPS for the grown form of it.

xxxxxImage Image
x

x
x
x
x
x
x

gay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Princess Luna » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:47 am

Hi gLove!!

Well, I accepted a trade that was sent to me, but I want to know whether or not it was fair or not. I gave two sheep newborns, two catepillars with multiple outcomes, three circus puppies, and two aztec newborns.

I got my missing snowflake butterfly wolf, brown advent kitty, two pre-july rats I was missing, an october rat I was missing, and the custard dog (The first one shown in the April section of the archives) from April, which was the last april I needed, both rat and dog wise.

Was it a fair trade? Thanks!!

~Bella
Princess Luna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me