Seriously, What Are Those Horses? (Official Thread)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Seriously, What Are Those Horses? (Official Thread)

Postby equimagine » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:48 am

WINNERS

GROUP
GRAND PRIZE:

iGuess & La Horse

RUNNERS UP:
Newbie Helpers

INDIVIDUAL
GRAND PRIZE:

Krispy127

RUNNERS UP:
firestar398 & Frey

All winners should contact me via PM regarding their prizes. Gold stars will be ready within a week (sorry, didn't work on them ahead of time, and I've got real life to take care of... :D). Thank you to everyone who participated! I hope this was fun!

For those of you whom adopt and collect the horses and ponies, you may have noticed that I promised a gold star to whomever could guess what they were based on. I wasn't kidding. So, here is the official thread where you can discuss your theories and submit your guesses. Please read the following carefully:

HOW IT WORKS

I have a feeling that someone is going to guess the category that these fall in to before anyone else gets the specifics, so I'm going to have multiple mini-competitions within this big one. That's why there is more than one prize. Depending on how hard/easy this ends up being for most people, I may become very picky about how specific I want these answers. :D Prizes will be awarded on a point-based system. See below for an explanation of how points will be assigned. In the end, the person/group that has the most points wins the grand prize.

PRIZES

Please read rule #5 for an explanation of Individual vs. Group

Individual:
GRAND PRIZE: one full-color custom drawing of your choice with a big gold star

RUNNER UPs: large gold star to display where you wish (sample picture to be coming soon!)

Group:
GRAND PRIZE: for each member in the group, one full-color custom drawing of his/her choice with a big gold star, as well as a group "photo" of all customs together. Also, the group gets to come up with one design/theme that the would like to see on a set of my CS adoptables, and I will use their design/theme for an upcoming release.* Lastly, each person in the group will get to choose (a) 1 uncommon from my trades, (b) 3 commons from my trades, or (c) 5 very commons from my trades.

RUNNER UPs: large gold star to display where you wish for each member of the group. Also, the group gets to come up with one design/theme that the would like to see on a set of my CS adoptables, and I will use their design/theme for an upcoming release.*

* Design/theme must be original and not a request to put an already used CS design on the horses/ponies.

RULES

1. You may use this topic to discuss your guesses as well as submit guesses.

2. I reserve the right not to indicate whether a guess is correct or incorrect. I also have the right to give hints in any form I like.

3. Each user may submit no more than 3 Official Guesses for the duration of this competition. Any Official Guesses submitted after that will not be considered.

4. Only one guess per form. This may be as specific or broad as you like.

5. You MAY WORK TOGETHER. By working together, you increase the prize. A group can have no more than 5 members. Groups must Officially declare themselves as a group by sending a PM from one member to another stating that each person has decided to join the group and then that PM should be sent to me. Once a person has joined a group he/she may not compete as an individual. Likewise, once an individual has posted an Official Guess, he/she may not join a group.

6. Each person/group is responsible for keeping track of his/her/their points. I will also be keeping track, but, in the event that I were to lose my sheet of points, you should definitely be keeping track on your own.

7. Please do not edit a post with a guess. I may have a good memory, but I can't remember everything that each person/group has guessed, so in order to make sure that people aren't using more than their 3 guesses, NO EDITING.

8. Anyone found by me or a site mod to be behaving rudely, inappropriately, or not following the rules will be disqualified.

9. Contest will end when a person/group has gotten the correct answer or when enough people/groups have gotten close enough.

1. A group starts out with a base number of points depending on how many members it has. A group of 2 begins with 5 points, a 3-person group with 6 points, etc. This means that the maximum number of points a group can start with is 8 points for a 5-person group.

2. A person/group can earn a maximum of 20 points for a correct, very specific guess. These guesses must be given with a logical reason for why the guess was made based on the horse outcome(s). This is to prevent random guessing!

4. Bonus points will be awarded for creativity in the following categories:
  • Making Competition Banners
  • Group Cheer (as in "2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate? EQUIMAGINE!!" except better, and possibly about your group instead of me, although I'm open to both.)
  • Other creative things that you think of but I can't right now

OFFICIAL GUESS FORM

In order to submit an Official Guess, you must use this form:
Code: Select all
[color=#0080FF]I/We, _[username or group name here]_, am/are guessing that the April 2010 horses are based on: _[your guess here]_.  I/We understand that by submitting this form I/we am/are using 1 (one) of my/our 3 (three) Official Guesses, and that this guess cannot be edited, replaced, or revoked.  Oh, and equimagine is a genius.  For realzies.[/color]

I think that's it! So have fun, think hard, and don't fret. This is meant to be a game, not a serious battle. I encourage you to work collaboratively. Go forth and learn!

GROUPS

Newbie Helpers: (+8 points)
  • Atwood
  • Kio
  • Sylvia
  • Huskylover
  • Lady Aracne

The Furry Freaks: (+8 points)
  • Member Lydia
  • Ocelover567
  • LoonyMoony
  • April410
  • Hanoverian

"chi tsuki no shita de ōkami ": (+8 points)
  • TheWolfsgirl90
  • Zera
  • -Olivia-
  • Mana
  • Clara713

The Terminator Chickens: (+6 points)
  • Rushwhippet
  • ~Sammy~
  • Able

iGuess: (+8 points)
  • WolfUnited
  • Scoobs
  • Iwantmycookie
  • Seasonal <3

La Horse: (+6 points)
  • Christine22315
  • Bubblepony
  • Demon-Dragoness
  • wind song

Caught Up In The Music: (+ 7 points)
  • Pokadottie
  • CapriCoon
  • Wildstorm
  • Autumn.Zephyr

CORRECT GUESSES

Frey
- Grey-headed Kingfisher
(+ 20 points)

Krispy127
- Pied Kingfisher
(+ 20 points)
- Malachite Kingfisher
(+ 20 points)
- Pygmy Kingfisher
(+ 20 points)
(plus: this (+ 10 points))
(plus: Bonus for 3 for 3 correct guesses: 100 points)
170 points

The Newbie Helpers
- Giant Kingfisher
(+ 20 points)

firestar398[
- Woodland Kingfisher
(+ 20 points)
(plus: this (+ 8 points))
28 points

La Horse
- Striped Kingfisher
(+ 20 points)
Last edited by equimagine on Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:00 pm, edited 39 times in total.
Squirrel by Atwood <3
equimagine
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Seriously, What Are Those Horses? (Official Thread)

Postby Sorren Fey » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:59 am

Good luck everyone. x3
Sorren Fey
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Wild at Heart » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:08 am

I,dogfancy0, am guessing that the April 2010 horses are based on: The blue foot boobie bird. I understand that by submitting this form I am using 1 (one) of my 3 (three) Official Guesses, and that this guess cannot be edited, replaced, or revoked. Oh, and equimagine is a genius. For realzies.
~Wild at Heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dasniu » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:23 am

I/We, {Ice Heart} , am/are guessing that the April 2010 horses are based on: Dogs? :3 I/We understand that by submitting this form I/we am/are using 1 (one) of my/our 3 (three) Official Guesses, and that this guess cannot be edited, replaced, or revoked. Oh, and equimagine is a genius. For realzies.

My fail answer.
dasniu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby equimagine » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:00 am

Wow you guys sure do start guessing fast! Not even waiting until at least the second stage? Bold...very bold... :D

Also, fixed/edited the rules just a little, so re-read please!
Squirrel by Atwood <3
equimagine
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueHeart ❤ » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:08 am

Edit: oops forgot the forum, sorry!
I moggychan, am guessing that the April 2010 horses are based on a: Cottontail Rabbit. I understand that by submitting this form I am using 1 (one) of my 3 (three) Official Guesses, and that this guess cannot be edited, replaced, or revoked. Oh, and equimagine is a genius. For realzies.

Hmmm agree that they kind of look like this dog here:
But it's back legs are lighter where as the horses are not:
Their not THAT similar so I don't think it's that...that would be to easy lol. Now this is just a shot in the air but I'm going to guess a cottontail rabbit since it's close to easter but HEY like I said it's just a shot in the air. XD
http://www.rivernen.ca/dsc_2262.jpg
Last edited by BlueHeart ❤ on Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
━━━━━━━━━━━━
𝕁𝕖𝕤𝕤 ∾ 𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕙𝕠𝕓𝕓𝕪𝕚𝕤𝕥/𝕨𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕖𝕣
formally known as MoggyWolf

active ∾ PM's always welcome

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Characters Art Shop
━━━━━━━━━━━━
Sig art lines by: SpindleSpice
Colour/Edits by Me ~
BlueHeart ❤

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BrightPink » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:33 am

I, _The King of Idiots_, am/are guessing that the April 2010 horses are based on: _Sleipnir made by Malk (new store pet)_. I/We understand that by submitting this form I/we am/are using 1 (one) of my/our 3 (three) Official Guesses, and that this guess cannot be edited, replaced, or revoked. Oh, and equimagine is a genius. Yes, you are! I love the new horse lineart! ;) For realzies.
BrightPink

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kio » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:13 am

nevermind xD
Last edited by Kio on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

My deviantArt

My art thread

My art shop

My art auction

Signature art and avatar by me! x3
Kio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:33 am

Im gonna wait till they hit the 2nd stage XD
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Piuma » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:35 am

I, _Piuma_, am guessing that the April 2010 horses are based on: _the Eastern Bluebird_. I understand that by submitting this form I am using 1 (one) of my 3 (three) Official Guesses, and that this guess cannot be edited, replaced, or revoked. Oh, and equimagine is a genius. For realzies.

Please notice that the colours on the horseshoe match with the male bluebird, and that the foals looks like the female.
Also, it looks like it is birds flying on the horseshoe.
Piuma

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me