Hoard Discussion Thread v.6 new poll!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Do you actively trade for hoards or just let trades come to you?

I trade super active and complete within a short time frame
12%
I trade semi active and complete after a while
39%
I let trades flow in and add hoard pets as fillers
45%
Other (comment? :) )
4%

Total votes : 1071

Re: Hoard Discussion Thread v.6

Postby Rainbow Dash » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:28 am

orion. wrote:
      Here's a question for you all: Why do you like hoarding?

I hoard because I really enjoy the pet's design or the design means something personal to me. Like my zebra print, kintsugi, and werewolf hoards are all related to my illnesses. My biggest hoard, the bug pets, relate to my interest in entomology.
[: Veterinary professional | Female | Hobbyist artist :]
Image Image Image Image
New Chicken Smoothie Tarot
[: Free-to-Use CS Graphics || Request Free CS Graphics || Every Pet As a Stamp Project :]
Sig art by me || Avatar by Scragster || Busy with work! Might be slow to respond!
Rainbow Dash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Niragi » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:21 pm

ZΕL wrote:
      Oh wow, that's quite the challenge you're undertaking there.
      Wishing you the best of success, and it looks like your progress on them is actually really good so far! 107 pets is impressive.
      I imagine the snow PPS is gonna be a piece of work, though, aha. They seem sought-after. But imagining a page full of them... yeah that's so gonna be worth it~

First of all, thank you, it really doesn’t seem like I got too much done but you’re right, I have gathered quite a lot of them already!
    It really does seem as if the ice pup will be the hardest challenge though ;u;

Here’s my update on those hoards:
    Day 1 Outcome ~ 11/20 (+5)
    Day 2 Outcome ~ 11/20 (+2)
    Day 3 Litter ~ 20/20
    Day 5 Outcome ~ 20/20 (finished)
    Day 6 Outcome ~ 20/20 (finished)
    Day 8 Outcome ~ 20/20 (finished)
    Day 9 Outcome ~ 16/20 (+7)
    Day 10 Outcome ~ 12/20 (+3)
    Day 11 Outcome ~ 1/20 (+1)
    Day 12 Outcome ~ 9/20 (+7)
    Day 13 Outcome ~ 8/20 (+6)
    Day 14 Outcome ~ 3/20 (new)

I’ve got quite a bit done but it’s difficult to trade for event pets as most people only want swaps but I’d rather overpay with non-event wishlist pets ;u;
Last edited by Niragi on Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Niragi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:38 pm

orion. wrote:
      Here's a question for you all: Why do you like hoarding?

I mostly hoard items because you never know when you are going to need hundreds of bunny contacts.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bakura » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:54 pm

I'm really regretting adding Halo's to this hoard... My little foxes have finally reached Halfway, only 10 to go. But my OCD is making me dress them the same and the little guys have 5 items each so it's like 6 hoards in 1 XD
It just sooo suits them T-T Why are Halos so hard to find? </333
About Me: Sadly the below statement is no longer true, I'm missing the New UR Dragon and the Non-Swirl.
✨🎊✨You have collected every pet ever released!! ✨🎉✨
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Bakura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:22 pm

Bakura wrote:
I'm really regretting adding Halo's to this hoard... My little foxes have finally reached Halfway, only 10 to go. But my OCD is making me dress them the same and the little guys have 5 items each so it's like 6 hoards in 1 XD
It just sooo suits them T-T Why are Halos so hard to find? </333

Maybe, an easier halo to hoard?

It won look the same ( I think the 08'halo looks great) but it would save you a headache. The foxes look great by the way.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby callowsGalivants » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:58 pm

Slowly but surely working my way up to my goal for these guys~! (15/250) :'D

Kind of really want to start a smaller hoard of the mime chameleons from this past Halloween event, which I wasn't apart of CS for; a goal of ~50 in mind! Not sure if I should wait until the above goal is met before starting another, or if I'll be fine splitting attention on both, though! :'D
Why friend, my name is Tyrian.

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Pidge/Shiro (VLD)
callowsGalivants

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bubbaberriboo » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:17 pm

267 down 589 to go

why did i decide to put all 850+ on a pet

update; thanks to the 7 gifts i just got i now have 1,006 trophies. thank you so much. :')
Last edited by bubbaberriboo on Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heyo, my name is bumble!
      i'm a non-binary adult who
      uses he/him or xey/xem
      pronouns. i hope you are
      having a lovely day/night!
      - - -
      pets for FR
bubbaberriboo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pure Dragon » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:23 pm

Oh man... if I didn't think these caves would be impossible to hoard I'd do the deer + bg as a combo hoard

Pure Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kyum- » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:26 pm

@orion. - i simply like hoarding just because i like the designs, or how perfect they would fit as representatives of a song i've been or had been jamming to. plus it's extremely satisfying watching the numbers grow, as well as how beautiful it looks with pages and pages of the same pets (or litter).
      @skylexar - oh wow that's amazing- that's a lot of trophies /cries a little on the inside/
      @Pure Dragon - oml, that looks awesome? i knew the bg was great on its own (way too popular, i'd figured, for me to even attempt to hoard), but with the deer, it fits so well ;;

i wanted to make updates only after i had reached my next goal of 150 for my love paint hoard, but well, i couldn't wait. :')
      i've added two new hoards respectively named daybreak, to represent the linked song, and decided i'd start hoarding the pps sand horse from the advent calendar as soon as i came up with the group name 'sandy cane' (pun intended).
      the images are linked to the groups \o/
      Image Image
      currently have 11 and 5 of them. will replace the cat's name with lyrics when i decide to stop collecting more \o/

other updates:
      love paint - 148/150; the limit will be bumped up to 300 when it hits. also stopped updating their names since editing it while the group grows is a little tedious.
      where you at - 63/80; the limit was lowered since my progress for this group has been pretty much stagnant for a while.
      with - 12/50; surprisingly, i've made quite some progress? i'm not too intent on trading for it just yet, since most people are only looking for swaps for advent calendar pets. like my other song hoards, their names will be replaced with lyrics.

as for this group (kiss gupps + pps litter), i'd like to talk about separately since they're so special to me sjdkhfkalfd
      i remember when i had four of them only and didn't think i'd ever get more (since i'm stingy). now i have 12 i'm so happy ;;
      the group's messy though since i've dressed them up differently - sometimes i wonder if i should just rip the items off- but dressing them up is all i can do to shower them in my love? ;;
      anyway! the user, stardust;, gifted me a kiss pps out of the blue a couple days ago and i'm still so confused, so excited, and just still overwhelmed? she's not dressed properly for lack of pps items in my inventory, but i love her so much ;;
currently wip (or forever idk)
but have a gif of my day6 boys <3
kyum-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby calculator » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:45 pm

going through my pets who still need to get their rarities and looking for possible new hoards bc have been way too busy to look through them.

ok – have an obsession with the color orange, but no one ever gets how orange is beautiful. just look at this pet it’s a perfect example. definite hoard.

love all the light colors on the pet, the pallete is so beautiful together. another hoard.

*inhale... exhale* i love this guy so much omg
    hoard nEEded

ImageImage
    Ok these speak for themselves oof

look at the eyes ahh almost a trance jeez

ImageImageImageImage
    m i n e.. well five of each hehe.

ok guess that’s all my new hoards as of recently, loving the advent so far. thank you staff.
calculator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me