For all us oldies..

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: For all us oldies..

Postby nickjr » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:39 am

Julia wrote:Did anyone else notice we are at 501,228 CS members? 8D

I'm pretty sure many of you remember the 200,000 user pets

I'm surprised they didn't mention it on the front page 8D

Omg. 500k+ members O___________________O
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mawsoleum » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:38 pm

i present to you all my biggest cs regret
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=763&p=8605&hilit=pets#p8605

why i did not adopt these to the account i obviously had i will never know
good job me

on another note, i just realized my "cs birthday" passed and i have officially been on this site for 9 years good god

toyhouse
𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪
want wl sitting cats
𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪
song of the month

hello!
you can call me grim or maw

they/them
post hardcore/hardcore/deathcore/metalcore obsessed
adult member
disc: mawsoleum
mawsoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:01 pm

gis wrote:i present to you all my biggest cs regret

good job me

... ouch
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mars » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:29 pm

good job me

on another note, i just realized my "cs birthday" passed and i have officially been on this site for 9 years good god

that's exactly what I did, too ;v;
    I lost my sunjewel, spotted tribal, a rose dog, an x dog, and so many more to off-accounting. I've actually been trying to find them again, but going pet to pet by id with thousands and thousands of pets is rough :")
    I also totally forgot that my join date had passed, happy nine years !!! I can't believe I've been here for so long 0:

Selkiegal wrote:I remember not quite understanding that I should adopt as many of the pets as I was able to, lol. So I only adopted one or two of each pet, and then realized much later down the road that that was a terrible mistake, especially as those 08s became so coveted x_x

I also remember that adopting multiple pets was kind of a pain since you had to do it one at a time/refresh a bunch xD

oh gosh, I also did this, too !! I'd always adopt one of each, except for the second gens, which I'm pretty sure I adopted at least 25-50 of each to make sure I didn't miss a single outcome. yet I missed nearly all of the outcomes for the other pets ._. nice one, smol palla.

화성 여성 레즈 감각처리장애 + 광장공포증

hi !! I'm mars, a gal with spd + agoraphobia.
I frequent the oc + adoptables side of cs.

my interests rn include genshin, skz,
learning languages, and drawing !! :3c

my cs inbox is full so please chat w/ me
on discord @ mars_v_e

나는 네가 자랑스럽다. 계속 최선을 다하거라 ♡

mars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Werschaf » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:22 pm

good job me

This, I did this too (I guess most of us did). But looking back, who could have guessed that this site grew so big.

And i actually cant remember the old design at all, but I do remember my first easter hunt. Checking every spare minute so I wont miss a collectible. Oh and I didnt knew that you could just spam refresh, so I visited A LOT of threads back then.
Good old times <3

To be honest, I just came back to CS after a looong break and it still doesn't feel completely right. Back in 2009 everybody was so proud of their fursonas and characters. It was so fun browsing character pages. Later people changed their usernames and fursonas on a weekly basis. And the character thread now more a storage than anything else. I miss the old times.

Now I wonder. Did the adoptables always had a displayed rarity? I remember trading some advents for peanuts because I had absolutely no clue.
(Sorry for any mistakes. It has been a while since I wrote something in english)
♫ Find and adopt us us! At ... ♫

Image Image
Larkspur Meadows event or Yarrow Meadows event
Werschaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:22 pm

Werschaf wrote:Now I wonder. Did the adoptables always had a displayed rarity? I remember trading some advents for peanuts because I had absolutely no clue.
(Sorry for any mistakes. It has been a while since I wrote something in english)

Rarity displays on the pets first got added in October 2009, starting with six rarity types (very common, common, uncommon, rare, very rare, omg so rare).
    We eventually got a significant update in August 2012, though, that fixed a number of imbalances by adding another rarity (omg so common) and changing how rarities are calculated. (Going from counting all on-account pets and users on the site to only counting active accounts and their pets, making the rarities far more accurate to the amount of pets in circulation.)
    Updates currently happen roughly every 1-3 months, in which newly released pets receive their rarity tag, and old pets' rarities get re-calculated.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Julia » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:50 pm

Did you guys notice that this is already the 9th staff litter? 8D

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted __ people.
I have received __ gifts.
Julia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brianne » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:07 pm

I'm still a little surprised by how active this site is, nine years later... most of the other sites I played on as a kid are either ghost towns or dead completely.

Keep on keeping on, CS!
Brianne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:25 am

Julia wrote:Did you guys notice that this is already the 9th staff litter? 8D

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

TENTH ONE NEXT YEAR

TENTH BIRTHDAY NEXT YEAR

SQUEALS LOUDLY

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:21 am

Ten years is coming. Do we start screaming now?
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me