"The" Rares List Guide - Do not ask about new UR's!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: "The" Rares List Guide - Do not ask about new UR's!

Postby lil rascal » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:28 pm

Vixey wrote:I think availability means to divide the list even further we could take into consideration how easy it is to find a pet for trade compared to the other?

If that's the case I don't see how the list would be kept up to date? Sorry just going to basically repost what I've said previously rather than retype it all

Availability (as in how many are for trade or auction at any one time) , like demand, is opinion based and changing all the time as certain people stop or start list hoards &/or demand for certain pets rises or falls, so it seems to me a list trying to take availability of this type into account risks being constantly out of date as much as a list trying to take demand into account. Apart from store pets, which we are talking about putting in their own group, all list pets are re-released each year, which ensures they stay in circulation, so I don't really see why availability of this type should come into play for the updated list

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThunderCedar » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:36 pm

lil rascal wrote:
Vixey wrote:I think availability means to divide the list even further we could take into consideration how easy it is to find a pet for trade compared to the other?

If that's the case I don't see how the list would be kept up to date? Sorry just going to basically repost what I've said previously rather than retype it all

Availability (as in how many are for trade or auction at any one time) , like demand, is opinion based and changing all the time as certain people stop or start list hoards &/or demand for certain pets rises or falls, so it seems to me a list trying to take availability of this type into account risks being constantly out of date as much as a list trying to take demand into account. Apart from store pets, which we are talking about putting in their own group, all list pets are re-released each year, which ensures they stay in circulation, so I don't really see why availability of this type should come into play for the updated list

I wouldn't want that kind of availability to come into play either but eh.
I could be misunderstanding ! I'm often wrong and interpret things wrong - not the smartest folk over here.
At all
I'd just wait to see what DaDwarf meant to say.

As for the rarity list I can't wait to see what it ends up looking like.
ᔱ ᔲ ᔳ ᔴ
ThunderCedar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:42 pm

I was thinking more around the lines of 'how rare is a pet compared to other pets' with availability, within litters. i didnt know a better word for it then availability.

Like, the sunback and the sunjewel are both omg so rares but we know(?) that the sunback is less rarer then the sunjewel. so they wouldn't go in the same tier, but would go in the omg so rare box. so like this:

the omg so rare box wrote:Sunjewel, Ur tiger, moonswirl - etc etc tier
Sunback, Dogtag tier
ur aussie, ur lion tier
ur grapes, ur flower pot tier

So keeping the tier system in tact to show that certain pets are still worth a tad more then others. We can see and learn this from each 18th that has been and also each 18th that comes and we can adjust accordingly? That means that you'd only have to adjust once a year, when pet rarities go back up after the 18th?

As for going lower, i would split up the rest of the groups in smaller portions rather then just a very rare box (too long list) so i'd keep tiers like

pets omg since release (or rarity update in 2012)
pets that go up and down
vr pets since release (or rarity update in 2012) + deviding them maybe into 'months' so august vr's, september vr's etc etc
vr's that go up and down

store pets
maybe even Ur's seperate? idk
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThunderCedar » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:45 pm

But the sunback is very rare not OMG isn't it?
I am sorry if something is flying right above my head I am just very dense and if someone could explain to me the concept of that rarity list that would be wonderful
ᔱ ᔲ ᔳ ᔴ
ThunderCedar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:48 pm

Vixey wrote:But the sunback is very rare not OMG isn't it?

Right now it is, but it has been omg so rare before? I was just using their case as an example.

I guess using the coontail and the noncoon is a better example. Both are now very rare but we know the coontail is actually rarer then the non so there should be a difference in tier right? that's the point i'm trying to make.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThunderCedar » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:52 pm

DaDwarf wrote:

Right now it is, but it has been omg so rare before? I was just using their case as an example.

I guess using the coontail and the noncoon is a better example. Both are now very rare but we know the coontail is actually rarer then the non so there should be a difference in tier right? that's the point i'm trying to make.

Oh! Thank you. That makes more sense- yeah. So that's about rarity still rather than availability since we're still going off of rarity tags then
Well yes I understand now thank you very much
ᔱ ᔲ ᔳ ᔴ
ThunderCedar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:57 pm

Vixey wrote:
DaDwarf wrote:

Oh! Thank you. That makes more sense- yeah. So that's about rarity still rather than availability since we're still going off of rarity tags then
Well yes I understand now thank you very much

yes, yes, still mostly about rarity but also taking difference in worth into account.

Because the VR scale is so large, if we group everything very rare together without some form of tiers new people will think a 7th tier advent is worth the same as a non because they are all in one group. So still tiers + groups, based mostly on rarity is the way to go.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:09 am

I like the idea of UR pets going in a separate box if they have never changed rarity because we can't really know where to place them. They also have unique market behaviour in that they are always more popular in their first year of release due to complete collectors wanting them, but once those collectors and others who simply like the pet get it, their demand is reduced the next year and I imagine plateaus from there, if that makes sense.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:05 am

Thanks for explaining DD, sounds pretty much what I had in mind, using when each changed rarity & which is the most common outcome in a litter (at original release &/or re-releases) to determine rarity between the pets of the same rarity tag :)

I like the idea of having URs which have never gone below OMGSR in their own box too, since, as with the VR store pets, there's no real way of knowing which is actually worth more rarity wise. Though I guess with the URs that have never gone below OMGSR they could also just have their own tier/group since we do at least know they are rarer than pets which drop from OMGSR to VR each re-release.

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oliverstorm » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:59 am

I also think that implementing a rarity between Very Rare and OMG So Rare would be vital to the trading system, even if it would blow up the demands of pets for a little while. It would give a closer insight on what's truly more valuable. But what should the range between the pets be? Like, OMGSR is one per ~1000 users, correct? And VR is somewhere like 200-999 (I know my numbers are off here don't worry haha). So should VR be more 600-999 or what?
Oliverstorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me