Guide: Extended release pets

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Guide: Extended release pets

Postby CaptainSpank » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:44 pm

Hum, a bit the same kind of Qt like my previous one from 2 months ago (still on this current page - EDIT: Ah oops, now it's on the previous Page...):

Concerning this Litter of Malk Owls from June 2011, is it possible that they were released only on 2011-06-02, one day after all other Month Pets for June 2011 were actually released...?

Maybe Tess forgot to include them in the Standard Release (like it happened recently with Nick Chickens), or they were "delivered" a bit too late by @Malk or they were deliberately released 1 day later for her BDay...?

Same Reason for me asking, like for the BW's for @DoctorDraca's BDay from my previous Post, I've been trying for months to get them Adopted on the 1st, to no avail, and after checking the Pet Collections from several older/advanced Players, I can't find any Adopted on the 1st...!? :what:

Image Image

Image Image

Same like the BW's from my previous Post, if I'm correct about those Malk Owls, shouldn't such Pets be mentioned in this Guide...?
Or couldn't they have some mini-Mention about their exact Release Date in the Archive, as they are currently listed under the "Standard" Monthly Releases...? (There was for 2009+2010 a 'Staff Birthdays' Category in the Archive, but it disappeared from 2011...)
"Pragmatic Thinker"...
I don't try to read anymore when Users use ']Size=85[' (or smaller...!) on the Forum or in their Trade Rules..., as this is completely unreadable on Desktop in any Browser...!
In the Jungle/Forest/Cave...!: wrote:CaptainSpank is hanging upside-down from lianas, wondering how that happened...!
Oh no!, a snake in the grass! CaptainSpank jumps out of the way and hides behind a mushroom...!

I usually have Sigs turned OFF, (except Events), because of too many heavy ('.gif') Pix (metered Connection, I pay per Mb), and I don't want to know the SPR Orientation of other Players on a Game Site...
Current (Easter 2024): Sigs turned ON...!
(Total blocked (approx): 24.2Gb.)

The Pets from my 'Special & Rare Pets' Group are open for (nice!) Trades / True Date Swaps...

Dreamie(s)...!):
- Fishes - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Bats - (=> 17 missing...!)
- Owls - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Staff Dogs - [2010-2019] COMPLETED...!! (Missing 2x [2020] + 2x [2021].)
"Big" Dreamies: Animal Eggs [#1-#4](2009) + 'Husky'(2014). (Missing x4+1 in total...)
All Animal Eggs I already have are visible in this Group, with their corresponding Pet...

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:18 pm

You're correct - the owls were only released on June 2nd 2011.
    The reason for this is actually a little complicated: There was originally a different owl litter scheduled for release that month, but that litter ended up not being released due to previous negative feedback that users had about a similar design theme.
    Long story short, there was a litter of horses with a "city" theme, and they ended up getting rather a lot of negative feedback. Tess then decided that the original owl litter, based on country flags, would not be released, as it was apparent people didn't like the idea very much.

Here is Malk's post about the owls, and here is Tess' post commenting on the decision.

The "replacement" June owls were then released the following day as a surprise.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:39 pm

Oh wow, I never knew about that o: Darn being gone from April 2010 to early August 2011 lol -connects ZEL's brain to my brain to absorb all of the new info-

Also I forgot to update the stuff I said I'd update OTL I'll get around to it soon, maybe this weekend

Edit: OMG over 10k views. :shock: I hope this thread is helping a lot of people! :D
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainSpank » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:43 am

ZΕL wrote:
    You're correct - the owls were only released on June 2nd 2011.
    The reason for this is actually a little complicated: There was originally a different owl litter scheduled for release that month, but that litter ended up not being released due to previous negative feedback that users had about a similar design theme.
    Long story short, there was a litter of horses with a "city" theme, and they ended up getting rather a lot of negative feedback. Tess then decided that the original owl litter, based on country flags, would not be released, as it was apparent people didn't like the idea very much.

Here is Malk's post about the owls, and here is Tess' post commenting on the decision.

The "replacement" June owls were then released the following day as a surprise.

Woaw...!, same Reaction like @nickjr, that's very interesting background Info that makes those Pets pretty "special" actually, Thanks @ZEL for your very precise and extended and perfectly documented Reply...
(I didn't think of checking the 'Discussion' Thread from that year/month indeed, I'll keep that in mind for a "next time"...)

Hum, strange and funny about the "Flag-Horses", I just caught one from the Pound right now, ah-ah...! And I really like the complete Litter to be honest, I would have never thought there could have been any "Controversy" about their Design, and from seeing the 4 "original" Owls from @Malk, I quite like them as well..., pity they were never released, I would think... :cry:

We all have our "Favorite" Pets, and Pets we like a bit less, I guess... Some Players don't like Rats or Ponies or Spiders or whatever, but that's not a Reason for not releasing any Pets from those Species anymore, Players who don't like them can decide to not adopt them, or to trade or to give them away, to other Players or to the Pound...

Maybe an Idea to still release them one day, ah-ah...!, as "Collectors" on some special Occasion, all @Malk Pets are usually quite in Demand nowadays...

EDIT:
Oh...!, and the "Good News" is that I now can remove the 4 Owls from my WL, ah-ah...!, as I already had them all 4 adopted on the 2nd, I think... Euh, yep, nearly... :thumbup:
"Pragmatic Thinker"...
I don't try to read anymore when Users use ']Size=85[' (or smaller...!) on the Forum or in their Trade Rules..., as this is completely unreadable on Desktop in any Browser...!
In the Jungle/Forest/Cave...!: wrote:CaptainSpank is hanging upside-down from lianas, wondering how that happened...!
Oh no!, a snake in the grass! CaptainSpank jumps out of the way and hides behind a mushroom...!

I usually have Sigs turned OFF, (except Events), because of too many heavy ('.gif') Pix (metered Connection, I pay per Mb), and I don't want to know the SPR Orientation of other Players on a Game Site...

The Pets from my 'Special & Rare Pets' Group are open for (nice!) Trades / True Date Swaps...

Dreamie(s)...!):
- Owls - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Staff Dogs - [2010-2019] COMPLETED...!! (Missing 2x [2020] + 2x [2021].)
"Big" Dreamies: Animal Eggs [#1-#4](2009) + 'Husky'(2014). (Missing x4+1 in total...)
All Animal Eggs I already have are visible in this Group, with their corresponding Pet...

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lufi » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:55 am

I just found that I have Malk Cat which was adopted 12th December 2010 but that cats was released in November 2010
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/archive/ ... Malk%20Cat

Was their adoptions avilable longer than had other November 2010 pets?
Or they was released much later in the november? ^^
Cause it look that this cats was released 16th November as my original adopt say
But I'm not really sure ^^

I'm sorry if this cats was already posted, I tried to found them here, but I not found any informations ^^
Lufi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:18 am

I wasn't around then, so I went hunting and found the news post at the bottom of this page http://www.chickensmoothie.com/news/new ... eStart=584

(Can't be bothered to get the permalink since I'm on my phone and I get the news permalinks manually)

Guess that's one more thing I need to add lol thanks for finding it
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:10 pm

-grumbles something uncomplimentary about real life, the human body, and the number of hours per day-

To-do list for this thread:
  • September 2008 and November 2008 rat availability
    ZΕL wrote:
    SteampunkAngel wrote:Hi^^ I was looking for info on this guy when I was trading:

This one in particular that I came across was adopted at the start of October (archived with the September rats). I'm wondering how long he was available for?

I believe all the September rats were available until November 8, at which point they were replaced with the November rats (there was no rat release in October).
      The new November rats were announced on the news page on November 9, but there are some adopted as early as November 8 (x, x). Here is a September rat adopted on November 8.
      I haven't looked further to find November 8 adopts of every single outcome, but saw several that were also adopted in early November, so I think it's safe to say they were taken down together.

On a related note: The November rats were available until shortly after December 2008. Here is one adopted in January 2009.
      According to the news, January pets were released on the 5th, so I suppose that's how long the November rats stayed up. Guess this also puts an end to the question from page 2 about whether or not the blue rats were available for as long as the reddish ones.

• November/December 2010 Malk pet availability
    LufikER wrote:I just found that I have Malk Cat which was adopted 12th December 2010 but that cats was released in November 2010
    http://www.chickensmoothie.com/archive/ ... Malk%20Cat

Was their adoptions avilable longer than had other November 2010 pets?
    Or they was released much later in the november? ^^
    Cause it look that this cats was released 16th November as my original adopt say
    But I'm not really sure ^^

I'm sorry if this cats was already posted, I tried to found them here, but I not found any informations ^^

nickjr wrote:I wasn't around then, so I went hunting and found the news post at the bottom of this page http://www.chickensmoothie.com/news/new ... eStart=584

(Can't be bothered to get the permalink since I'm on my phone and I get the news permalinks manually)

Guess that's one more thing I need to add lol thanks for finding it

• July/August 2008 pet availability (very old posts here)
    nickjr wrote:> Sorbets and the Lime and Ice rats went up July 23 (scroll down the newsbox here)
    > Galaxies went up... um. I thought they went up July 13 but I just found a CEG adopted on July 5, oops (@Sol disregard what I said in the second trade about Galaxies. Clearly, I didn't look around enough in the July Growths thread :lol: )
    > Only four dog litters and three rat litters were available at the start of July. July 2008 Archives for your convenience =P The dog litters must've been the moon, sun, growing/pps white, and coon/noncoon litters, and two of the rat litters must've been the single-outcome toxic and three-outcome speckled litters. The galaxy, pawprint, and brown hooded rats are unaccounted for. The galaxies must've been released later, but still early on--no later than July 5, I guess. The brown hooded rat is the same guy from Advent 2008, so we can ignore it, poor thing lol. But was that the third rat litter? When was the pawprint litter released?

(I would look through pet IDs myself but I'm going cross-eyed and it's late so I'm going to bed)

August 16/17: 2nd gens available viewtopic.php?f=20&t=146&p=2163#p2163
    We got a flood of pet adoptions when those guys were released

Aug 13 or before: some front page bwolves available viewtopic.php?p=1804#p1804 (can't tell which stage upon post)

july 23: sorbets up, some warriors already available viewtopic.php?p=947#p947

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Available for a long, long time (many months)

Postby CaptainSpank » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:35 pm

nickjr wrote:Available for a long, long time (many months)

These are the pets that are usually called "extended releases"

[...]

[b]Vixen and Bobtail 2nd gen litters

August 2008 (bottom two litters) through August 2009
Vixen:
Image Image Image Image
Bobtail:
Image Image Image
link 1 (forum discussion topic), link 2 (news post referred to in the topic), link 3 (pet)

Hi @nickjr, concerning your "link 3 (pet)", here is a Link (on the Pet) to a same Pet, but adopted even 10 days later than the one from your Link...:

Owner: CaptainSpank
Pet ID: 3383738
Pet's name: (Aug 2008!! Ext [2/4])
Adopted: 2009-08-12
Growth: Full-grown
Rarity: Rare
Given to you by: DancingEevee [view trade]
"Pragmatic Thinker"...

Dreamie(s)...!):

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:48 pm

Ooh, thanks for the link! Since the current pet linked is a Pound pet and I don't know if its future owner would want me to take down that pet's link, I've swapped in your pet's link.

I'm not too concerned with the exact end adoption dates for the extended release pets, though; if I can identify an exact end date, that's great, but otherwise I'm just happy with the month and year since those are the most noticeable indicators, if that makes sense. ^^

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:10 am

-goes cross-eyed- No more BBCode. No more... -flops-

See that to-do list a few posts above this one? I finally got around to actually doing all that lol so if you think you got this guide memorized, check the first page again xD

(No major updates, just additions and additional details)

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me