Hoard Discussion Thread v.6 new poll!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Do you actively trade for hoards or just let trades come to you?

I trade super active and complete within a short time frame
12%
I trade semi active and complete after a while
39%
I let trades flow in and add hoard pets as fillers
45%
Other (comment? :) )
4%

Total votes : 1071

Re: Hoard Discussion Thread v.6 new poll!

Postby Spearow » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:57 am

bat teeth wrote:Just adding my two cents to the “anti-hoard” discussion!

I was hoarding the cyber dogs during the Internet Event and I saw/heard some people complain about how people who hoard event pets need to stop to “let everyone get a chance”…my take on that was, what else am I supposed to do with my tokens? 😂

A lot of my cyber dog hoard is from my own tokens that I got through the token banner, only a few are from trading and most of the trading ones were event swaps!

Even if it wasn’t, during the event everyone definitely had a chance to get their own pets.

It's not like everyone had the chance to participate in the event (that happens the same time every year) and get the pets they wanted themselves - oh wait. :p People want everything for free without putting in any effort y'know? Like literally all they have to do even if they're busy is set a timer for 20min-even an 1hr and get their own tokens. Do that a few days of the event and you should end up with excess tokens.

And by us trading on our extra tokens for hoards (or just extras) we're actually making it easier for people in the future to obtain the event pets because they won't be as rare as they would potentially be if everyone traded for exactly enough to have one of each. I traded for at least 36 extra token pets. The only event pet I'm somewhat interested in hoarding is possibly the robo dog with heart eyes since I had that thing as a kiddo. Haha

And people who say oh I didn't have time for the event. I work 60 hours a week, and did the event entirely on mobile, you make time if you actually want something. 😂 And often as hoarders we condense our hoards, trade whole hoards with other hoarders or disband them. And a lot of us will offer a harder to find pet/rare hoard pet in a trade if we happen to see someone who really wants one.

➵ Reached 700 in my full-litter hoard The Revenant. 💛

➵ And I have recently reached 200 horses in my two-outcome hoard I have named Serendipity.
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
xx
xxxImage
xx
xxx
❥ Trade me?
xxstatus: tired
x x
xxtradesisolistoAuction
xx➵ Looking for wishlist!
Spearow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:14 am

Hhmmm. Hoarding, methinks, is something that will be debated about until the end of time on this site.

When I first joined in ye ol' 2012, I hated the idea of people hoarding pets- Mostly because I couldn't even get anyone to trade me with the very few i had at the time anyway. Over enough time I sort of found myself "Accidentally" having more and more dupes of pets, and at some point I just sort of caved in. The 2012 GUPPS Halloween butterpup is what did it for me finally, I think. (I really ought to finish this one, though. xD)

I will say too, that the ratio of older players to newer ones, and who does and doesn't support hoarding is worth noting. Seems to me that the longer a player sits around on this site, the more likely they are to be ok with hoarding, if they haven't started any themselves. And I really do think It boils down to being new enough that everything feels out of reach. When you're sitting with only that months pets (And let be generous and assume they know to adopt the max amount), and you only get a handful of dupes to do anything with, it's....a daunting experience to even start trading. So yeah, hoarding looks like a crime to newer people (and those who never got over it).

Perhaps if there were a better starting system for new users? But ah, the older crowd would fuss about "Never getting that". Maybe there is no winning.
Although really, these are just pixels, in the end.
Very pretty, very cute, and fun to collect pixels...
But pixels all the same.
There's more in the world to care about than who has more pixels.
Image -...-...-...-ImageImage1,059,569 Image1,189Image-...-...-...-Image

My Dragon Cave Thread
_____________________________________________________________________________________
ImageImageImageImageImage
"....I wish it'd start rainin' money."
Websites to find me on: wrote:
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden
Imagex 492 (M) Imagex 543 (S)
** Lioden is not linked as it is a 16+ Website, however I did still want to list it as something I'm on.

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CalicoWolf » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:07 am

So I'm a hoarder... obviously. I only have 29 pets left to finish my collection and they all consist of Lists and OMGSRs, so I tend to focus on Hoards in the meantime.
I trade well, if not overpay at times, for hoards. So I send trades for hoards, sometimes the trades will have several of the same hoardie and it will get canceled because the person doesn't trade to hoarders or believes everyone should get a chance at the pets if they don't have them.
If they were against hoarding, that would make sense to me....BUT THEY ARE ALSO HOARDERS themselves. I understand we can't control the way people trade, but could someone help me with the logic thought process because it just doesn't make sense to me.
May Odin give you knowledge on your path,
May Thor grant you strength and courage on your way,
and may Loki give you laughter as you go.
Discord name: RainbowWolf#4227
Three things cannot be long hidden:
the sun, the moon, and the truth Gautama Buddha.

Annual LOLO Player - Everyone Gets Something.

Treats - Wishlist and Tricks - Non-wishlist
Avi was made by Compumon.
ImageImage
CalicoWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Concept » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:25 pm

This is an interesting thread with a lot of varied opinions! I admit when I was a lot younger on the site I used to be vehemently against the idea of hoarding. Then I just... Stopped caring so much about what other people did XD and then I realized there were pets out there that I liked enough to collect more than one of. Just because they got my tastes and as a nod to the creators, you know? (I also see some of you hoarding things I have made and I'm just like, that is such an incredible compliment).

I only have two current hoards. I love the clever hoard names you all make! Mine isn't so imaginative. I like these mad scientist butterwolves that were made years and years ago...

Aiming for fifty XD but I'm not bothered about it being unfinished for so long haha. I just like them XD the other is these jawbreaker rats that I just love the colors.

Image Image aiming for ten of each one day XD
Concept
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loui. » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:12 pm

^ this.

When I first started I was so bummed that people were sO eGoiStiCaL and kept more than 2 or 3 of one outcome. I honestly thought this should be banned because I felt that was so unfair for other players, and that I’d never get all the pets I wanted, if people kept hoarding them.

Until…

these happened. 🥲
I was sooo in love with the natural colors and bobtail and all… so I just kept trading for them, more and more, and yeah, that was the beginning of a great addiction lol.
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with hoarding anymore. There will always be a way to trade for a specific outcome. Sure, it may be annoying to see someone with a bunch of pets that are extremely sought after. But these aren’t the only ones, especially with December 18th happening.
I also think its making the game a lot funnier, when there’s specific outcomes that are harder to trade for. The suspense of an important waiting trade… I love it.

I just traded for some new hoard pets. Most of my hoards are common/uncommon. I’m glad that one of my absolute favorite hoards is all rats.

peep luck in a bottle hoard <3
It’s 700 and still going!

The next biggest one is my Mooncollie hoard with almost 500 fellas in there

Who could resist them? Not me <3

Last but not least, my smallest but rarest hoard, the Black Advent Gang.

Got lots of hate for this „hoard“, back when I wasn’t inactive and the list was still up. I’m actually thinking about letting this one go, as it’s a pain in the bum to trade for them. On the other side, I only want them to be 13. So, one more and I could close it. I don’t know.

Anyway, I’m back to being more active again after 3 years, and already traded for some new hoardies 😍 Totally forgot how fun it is. I think I will some new ones too. 🥺

Get ready for the ⛄️season⛄️
DECEMBER 18th CHAOS AHHH

If you need help identifying a pet click https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=4813445&p=140436827#p140436827
or feel free to pm me!

• If you need help figuring out a trade click here

DON'T trade away pets if you’re not entirely sure on it’s value!
Even if it’s newborn, it might grow into something valuable.

• Feel free to send a pm if you need help

• Good luck and happy holidays <3

Loui.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby holodog » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:43 pm

Toxique wrote:
I finished these hoards today :D

These banners are awesome!! Makes me want to create some icons or banners for my own hoards. If anyone else has similar things like graphics for their hoards I'd love to see them!
holodog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Babypoke » Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:37 am

I’m so close to my end of year goal of 12,500 foxes I’m only 1050 foxes away. I think I can achieve it if I keep working at it. My other hoards are coming around nicely
Looking for wishlists pets for hoards or collections
Currently looking to this dreamie
Image Have c$, fr gems
Image Please click my eggs on pokefarm q

Long term goal is to get all all items and pets on cs
Babypoke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:32 am

Salika wrote:
On a similair note, did anyone else encounter people who are very "anti hoarders" or even outright rude to you? I never had anyone be rude directly but I did stumble over a few people with something along the lines of "if you hoard I don't want to trade with you" in their rules and I always found that a bit.. uhh... radical.
I can understand when people don't particularily like hoards or want to support it by trading me hoard pets, but not trading with me at all just because I have hoards seems a bit much.

I have no problem with people being against hoarding. It's usually something along the lines of "I don't support hoarding" not, "I don't support hoarders". Most people I've seen are okay trading with hoarders as long as it's not for a hoard. I trade for hoards anyway. If I come across one of these people I just ask for one and I haven't had a problem with that except once. It was just one animal egg and it didn't get through. I also don't advertise my hoards in my trade rules anymore so people would have to go looking through my pets/items or my trade thread to find out what I hoard. I agree with Raire that if it weren't for hoarders there would be so many pets just sitting around.

accounts/viewgroup.php?userid=245926&groupid=4388863&highlight=6248854

I wanted another malk mutant, but they're getting to be more effort to trade for so, I just plugged another spiderwing BW in there.

accounts/viewgroup.php?groupid=7539971&userid=245926

I haven't been trading for them lately, but I have over 200 of the pumpkin eggs now
They're still OMGSC so they end up getting left behind in pounds a lot
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:36 am

CalicoWolf wrote:So I'm a hoarder... obviously. I only have 29 pets left to finish my collection and they all consist of Lists and OMGSRs, so I tend to focus on Hoards in the meantime.
I trade well, if not overpay at times, for hoards. So I send trades for hoards, sometimes the trades will have several of the same hoardie and it will get canceled because the person doesn't trade to hoarders or believes everyone should get a chance at the pets if they don't have them.
If they were against hoarding, that would make sense to me....BUT THEY ARE ALSO HOARDERS themselves. I understand we can't control the way people trade, but could someone help me with the logic thought process because it just doesn't make sense to me.

Huh, that is very strange, but I doubt you'd get an explanation here. We can all just assume why...
It sometimes happens that a certain pet is good trade fodder and I have a few of them in other trades already. But I... tell people just that. Weird.
Is this like the "please trade fair" rule when they sent their common for your very rare? :')
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leaf » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:37 am

Ha my love for Lion King may have made me start hoarding a whole page of these PPS, and I'm attempting another checkered hoard for grown simba and nala.
trying to figure out if i want to find more leaves to hoard as well so they all have the leaf mane, or just the one.. maybe some paint splatters for the forehead instead
leaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me