Hoard Discussion Thread v.6 new poll!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Do you actively trade for hoards or just let trades come to you?

I trade super active and complete within a short time frame
12%
I trade semi active and complete after a while
39%
I let trades flow in and add hoard pets as fillers
45%
Other (comment? :) )
4%

Total votes : 1071

Re: Hoard Discussion Thread v.6 new poll!

Postby SabrinaB » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:13 am

Salika wrote:
On a similair note, did anyone else encounter people who are very "anti hoarders" or even outright rude to you?

Interesting question.
I mainly hoard cats. I have a few other hoards, nut my main focus is cats. I have over 256.600 at the moment.
You, no lies: accounts/viewgroup.php?userid=217156&groupid=1529239

Most comments are positive. Many hoarders come swap hoards with me, and i offsite trade for them. I used to visit free adoption centers, but the auto cancels didnt motivate me. It coat too much time if moat get canceled. So now, moat cats i get from hoard swaps or offsite trades.
In the past, people called me a scammer for having a lot of cats, but i havent seen any negative comments in a long time now. I think the last one was 2ish years ago...
"You have plenty already, give others a chance, dont be greedy!"
It doesnt bother me, but i havent seen "i dont support hoarders" in a while.
I have seen someone asking overpay for bulk, since they put effort in collecting the duplicates. Understandable and reasonable :)
I love all the diffrent opinions on hoarders and such.
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iHolli » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:42 am

Salika wrote:
On a similair note, did anyone else encounter people who are very "anti hoarders" or even outright rude to you? I never had anyone be rude directly but I did stumble over a few people with something along the lines of "if you hoard I don't want to trade with you" in their rules and I always found that a bit.. uhh... radical.
I can understand when people don't particularily like hoards or want to support it by trading me hoard pets, but not trading with me at all just because I have hoards seems a bit much.

{I don't think the anti hoarding sentiment is as bad as it used to be but I definitely still see a bit of this around. Stuff like "I DO NOT support hoards" and even outright saying it's selfish and unfair to hoard, sometimes even threatening to block over it [though the latter has been...idk maybe once or twice, most people I don't think are that extreme]. I understand it's frustrating to have a hard time trading for something, but we pay fairly-- or often overpay depending on the pet-- for our hoards...it really isn't our fault. It gets a little disheartening to see. But fortunately for every anti hoarder I run across I meet another 20 people who are okay with hoards and usually have some themselves, not to mention how many will send the most lovely messages and even gifts in support of my hoarding <3}
{Haven't been here in a bit but here's a little update c: I haven't been hoarding much aside from my rats lately.}
{until we meet again is almost to the 100 goal I set; I don't really actively trade for them but I'm wavering a little on being finished with it. These butterwolves are really close to my heart being a mix-up pet including a rat design bwolf and a starry one and the hoard is very in memoriam of the rats I've had that have passed on. Maybe I'll continue past 100, I've got a few that went to 200 though they're usually full litters. We'll see c:}
{These little beans are coming along really well too, I have almost 800 now! I'm really hoping the lineart will pop up again so I can add more & maybe ask about adding them to the hoard records. ik they're just edited hamster lines but,,, chameleons & monkeys yk. either way I just love these sitting rats so I'm happy with another, more casual infinite hoard <3}
ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
{I don't have a link today since my rat hoard is currently being disassembled across three groups for cataloguing but they should be closing on 70k now! I absolutely wrecked my goal for this year and there's still tons of time left for some more rats to pop up. I might try for 100k for my 2023 goal. Here's hoping Halloween has a token trade-in for rats so I can buy tons of them >3cc I did that with the compratter mice from the internet event and bought 100 of them myself haha. ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ}

.Holli.
iHolli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -icarus- » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:08 am

For me, at least, the hoarding line is drawn at older~ rares. I feel like newer rares are fine since there's more of them, but older rares are approaching VR status. and VR/OMGSR hoards seem a little... excessive? not entirely sure the word to use, since they're impressive but seem like a little much. I don't block those people or hate on them or anything, I stare at the hoard and think "why? these pets are already hard enough to find by themselves..." (excluding people who hoard in memoriem, those are fine with me <3)
The Band of Misfits | they/them | collectors of eggs... and hamsters | &
diagnosed anxiety disorder and ADHD, sd 'tism
Pokefarm Q | Final Outpost |
ImageImageImageImage
Image Image
-icarus-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faybell » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:33 am

-icarus- wrote:For me, at least, the hoarding line is drawn at older~ rares. I feel like newer rares are fine since there's more of them, but older rares are approaching VR status. and VR/OMGSR hoards seem a little... excessive? not entirely sure the word to use, since they're impressive but seem like a little much. I don't block those people or hate on them or anything, I stare at the hoard and think "why? these pets are already hard enough to find by themselves..." (excluding people who hoard in memoriem, those are fine with me <3)

I think most people feel that way but the flaw in that thinking is that “recent” rares and store pets turn into old rares+ and old store pets at some point. No one should feel pressured to break up something that they’ve had for 5+ years just because some people who joined recently are sad they can’t find that pet for trade.
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:29 pm

Faybell wrote:
-icarus- wrote:For me, at least, the hoarding line is drawn at older~ rares. I feel like newer rares are fine since there's more of them, but older rares are approaching VR status. and VR/OMGSR hoards seem a little... excessive? not entirely sure the word to use, since they're impressive but seem like a little much. I don't block those people or hate on them or anything, I stare at the hoard and think "why? these pets are already hard enough to find by themselves..." (excluding people who hoard in memoriem, those are fine with me <3)

I think most people feel that way but the flaw in that thinking is that “recent” rares and store pets turn into old rares+ and old store pets at some point. No one should feel pressured to break up something that they’ve had for 5+ years just because some people who joined recently are sad they can’t find that pet for trade.

To add to this, there's also the Dec. 18th rereleases, and while those tend to be valued at less than their true date counterparts, It is one way the site counterbalances some of the hoarding (And the pound, too, if you're lucky like that).

On a different note, these new lions are surprising easy to get ahold of, for now. I will not jinx myself.

(Haha, I quoted instead of editing, whooops)
Image -...-...-...-ImageImage1,059,569 Image1,189Image-...-...-...-Image

My Dragon Cave Thread
_____________________________________________________________________________________
ImageImageImageImageImage
"....I wish it'd start rainin' money."
Websites to find me on: wrote:
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden
Imagex 492 (M) Imagex 543 (S)
** Lioden is not linked as it is a 16+ Website, however I did still want to list it as something I'm on.

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starry Night » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:14 pm

BLerg.
Why are the last 10 or so pets so hard to get?
Does anyone else experience the "I'm so close but so far" expereince?

RN I have a few that are frustratingly close haha
x X x
Starry Night

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toxique » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:03 pm

I finished these hoards today :D

Toxique

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:35 pm

Reminder for everybody: if somebody is rude, you can block and/or report them. =)

Starry Night wrote:[snip]

Unless the person was mean about it. Because you can't have it both ways. Not have any indication and get upset about someone only offering them. Which I think is a good psa. Since I e had users get upset.

I don't mind at all I think hoard pets are just as valuable if not more to me. But don't feel bad, it's ok : ) and if the user was nice you could always resend a trade to negotiate!

I don't quite get the first part of your post, is this about Frostseraph feeling bad?

Salika wrote:
On a similair note, did anyone else encounter people who are very "anti hoarders" or even outright rude to you? I never had anyone be rude directly but I did stumble over a few people with something along the lines of "if you hoard I don't want to trade with you" in their rules and I always found that a bit.. uhh... radical.
I can understand when people don't particularily like hoards or want to support it by trading me hoard pets, but not trading with me at all just because I have hoards seems a bit much.

Quite a lot X'D
Without us there would be thousands of pets collecting dust in trade groups. Let's face it, most of the uncommon and below pets that find new homes are not for collections, but for hoards... to not trade with hoarders _at all_ is something I cannot understand.

SabrinaB wrote:In the past, people called me a scammer for having a lot of cats, but i havent seen any negative comments in a long time now. I think the last one was 2ish years ago...

They, uhh... don't know what a scammer is, huh? :')

Starry Night wrote:
BLerg.
Why are the last 10 or so pets so hard to get?
Does anyone else experience the "I'm so close but so far" expereince?

RN I have a few that are frustratingly close haha
x X x

Me, looking at my December 2021 hoard... please... it's just uncommon... and I still need 4.
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kitty teeth » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:46 pm

Just adding my two cents to the “anti-hoard” discussion!

I was hoarding the cyber dogs during the Internet Event and I saw/heard some people complain about how people who hoard event pets need to stop to “let everyone get a chance”…my take on that was, what else am I supposed to do with my tokens? 😂

A lot of my cyber dog hoard is from my own tokens that I got through the token banner, only a few are from trading and most of the trading ones were event swaps!

Even if it wasn’t, during the event everyone definitely had a chance to get their own pets.
neurodivergent - adult
xxxKitty's Pound
kitty teeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:25 pm

I have 1 very rare hoard myself. I used to feel greedy, but then i thought: if I can find and obtain multiple, I am sure they can find just 1. It costs me just as much effort and trade fodder, perhaps even more, since I through it again and again, collectors just once.

@bat teeth: people complain over hoarding token pets? *laughs* Havent seen that before xD

Back on hoarding: I love my Alien dog hoard. Getting harder to get, but it's a nice hoard.
Might top it off at 2500, but might also keep it unlimited.
accounts/viewgroup.php?groupid=2020836&userid=217156
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me