Collection Discussion Thread ♡ NEW Poll!* ♡

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Do you use C$ to ‘buy’ pets/items for your collection?

All the time!
17%
Yes, sometimes.
53%
No.
14%
No, I never have success.
3%
I haven’t tried it.
14%

Total votes : 1145

Re: Collection Discussion Thread ♡ NEW Poll!* ♡

Postby Aaron✦ » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:42 am

I also sort by species, and then by year for the most regular monthly species. All the special or non-monthly species go into one big group each, I didn't like having groups with say 5 eastern dragons that we got one year, so all the eastern dragons are in one. Though, I do sort different linearts separately - sitting cats, for example. Double and triple checking I had everything for a group was a nightmare before I sorted this way, and before the "show completed months" feature came out too lol. I do an end of year re-check that I have every pet from the year in the right place and it took so much longer before I properly sorted things. Though, now I've nearly got all of the 14,000+ pets, people do tease me about how many groups I've got. But that's okay, whatever works for each individual :P

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horchata » Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:50 am

i currently sort by species and growth stage, which i do really like because i like having the same linearts together.

however, it does get frustrating to keep track of them (really difficult to use the archive to figure out how many pps pets there are) - and there is the pps counter thread which does help, but it doesn't help for how many adult outcomes there are, so it feels like a catch-22 haha.

it also doesn't feel super fulfilling because it can take a long time to complete a whole group, so i am considering going with your way @minimanta, although the amount of groups does make me hesitate, and again i really like all the species being together.

can't win!! haha

e: this discussion was making me think more about everything so i made a suggestion thread!
a gardener told me some plants move
───────
libra - hufflepuff - infp
forum game!

───────
but i could not believe it

horchata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby answrs » Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:21 pm

to be fair, I'm currently working with a dropdown that looks like this (not counting trade groups!), so anything more than like 5 collection groups on top of it - let alone dozens, or a hundred! - would be. uh. quite an ordeal to scroll through :')
After 11 years of seeking, I finally obtained my all-time dream on October 1, 2020 ;w;

answrs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby onion » Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:27 pm

today i sadly broke up my owl collection by trading away probably the two most in demand parts of it- the rainbow egg and the starry pps owl u_u while ill miss having a complete owl collection, i personally think it was very worth it as i got a cheshire cat in return for my several pets, which was a dreamie ive been searching for for months! woo! a loss can be a win too. :3
    모든 data를 모아 mix it around Image
    >my sunshine / free palestine
    >blake/onion, it/its, adult!
    >rwby, kpop ggs, 2hu, splatoon!
    th / pound / carrd / en / fr / ᓚᘏᗢ
    like du du du du du! 🍊

sign a petition to lock certain items!
ImageImageImage
onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowHunteress » Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:35 pm

onion wrote:today i sadly broke up my owl collection by trading away probably the two most in demand parts of it- the rainbow egg and the starry pps owl u_u while ill miss having a complete owl collection, i personally think it was very worth it as i got a cheshire cat in return for my several pets, which was a dreamie ive been searching for for months! woo! a loss can be a win too. :3

It really is! The store pets are worth trading away regular ones for honestly!
Check out Lorwolf! Use my referral code to get the chance for a companion!
https://www.lorwolf.com/Refer/11524
ShadowHunteress

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:19 pm

answrs wrote:to be fair, I'm currently working with a dropdown that looks like this (not counting trade groups!), so anything more than like 5 collection groups on top of it - let alone dozens, or a hundred! - would be. uh. quite an ordeal to scroll through :')

That's the hoarder's way vs. the collector's way, I guess.

I'm collector first and foremost, so I prefer my collection over my hoards. Meaning, I want to sort my collection and sorting my hoards into seperate groups at the same time would add way WAY too many groups for me, so I keep my hoards all in just three groups (and a wip group for hoards that aren't complete yet).

It's funny how different perspectives can come up with the same conclusion but for different things :D
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowHunteress » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:26 am

Minimanta wrote:
answrs wrote:to be fair, I'm currently working with a dropdown that looks like this (not counting trade groups!), so anything more than like 5 collection groups on top of it - let alone dozens, or a hundred! - would be. uh. quite an ordeal to scroll through :')

That's the hoarder's way vs. the collector's way, I guess.

I'm collector first and foremost, so I prefer my collection over my hoards. Meaning, I want to sort my collection and sorting my hoards into seperate groups at the same time would add way WAY too many groups for me, so I keep my hoards all in just three groups (and a wip group for hoards that aren't complete yet).

It's funny how different perspectives can come up with the same conclusion but for different things :D

Or you could just be a MADMAN and do both, like me, because who doesn't need a ton of groups?? I am waiting for it to tell me I have reached the limit of groups I can make haha
ShadowHunteress

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:19 am

ShadowHunteress wrote: Or you could just be a MADMAN and do both, like me, because who doesn't need a ton of groups?? I am waiting for it to tell me I have reached the limit of groups I can make haha

Oh don't worry, there'll be a long time before you reach a limit... *cries in too many groups*
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowHunteress » Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:25 am

Raire wrote:Oh don't worry, there'll be a long time before you reach a limit... *cries in too many groups*

Haha I thought I was organized but I reached 200 groups on your page and the scroll bar barely moved haha! That's so many groups! I love how everyone organizes their groups so differently! I wish we could have different tabs to make navigation easier, but I imagine that's a lot of coding haha
ShadowHunteress

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leaf » Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:38 am

Long ago I decided to condense most of my hoards into a single group and each page of 20 is a new group. Anything I'm working on stays in a WIP group until I have a full page to move it over.
For collections I have pets grouped by species and lines. A few odds and ends groups like store pets, unreleased, and "other" for malk smiley, trees, and the smoothies.

I wish we could have the option to put wishlist pets at the top of a drop down during trades. Some people don't trade lock their groups and I have to scroll for days to see what's on my wishlist 😂
leaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me