Collection Discussion Thread ♡ NEW Poll!* ♡

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Do you use C$ to ‘buy’ pets/items for your collection?

All the time!
17%
Yes, sometimes.
53%
No.
14%
No, I never have success.
3%
I haven’t tried it.
14%

Total votes : 1145

Re: ♥ Collection Discussion Thread ♡ NEW Poll!* ♡ ♥

Postby horchata » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:57 pm

sarinedy wrote:
    going to start two new collections - hoping to mainly focus on them this year !! ໒꒰ྀིっ˕ -。꒱ྀི১ putting a little break on my Lion collection until I can get some motivation to continue it <3

first new collection : collect all pps/baby bunnies !! I already own so many hoards of these lil fellas so why not ! c:

second new collection : collect all the pps deer/fawn !! They are just two cute ♡ ♡

+ a lil update on my long term collection of the ur desserts !! One more to go , the ur smore !! (˶˃ᆺ˂˶)

ImageImageImage

@ horchata : wow !! Best of luck ! ♡ your progress is awesome <3

thanks so much!! and your collections sound like great ideas :) i've been doing a lot of pps species collections but it's difficult for me to focus on just one! so i'm trying to think about what i really want to collect and cutting down on my groups so i can have more of a focus.

answrs wrote:on the way to 15k (or really 14.5k) my collection group just hit 14444 unique outcomes! :D

just thought it was a funky number to share, looks like I'll probably hit 14.5k with next month's litters and possibly even 15k by the end of the year :oc

not gonna lie, even having been here so long to see it happen in real time, the sheer number of pet outcomes that exists on the site now is frankly insane to me.

that's such an amazing achievement!! and i like the idea of having all your collection pets in one group - at least that's something i've considered doing until i've completed more species. do you find it easy to track your collection this way?

also you joined cs on my birthday! hehe
a gardener told me some plants move
───────
libra - hufflepuff - infp
forum game!

───────
but i could not believe it

horchata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Collection Discussion Thread ♡ NEW Poll!* ♡

Postby ShadowHunteress » Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:00 pm

horchata wrote:
    i’m pretty shocked at the progress i’ve made with store pets lately, considering i only had the punk set at the start of the year (out of list store pets)

Image Image Image Image

do i want to lose my mind going after every store pet?? not really…. but am i tempted to try? definitely lmao

Do ittt it is worth it even though it is maddening haha
Check out Lorwolf! Use my referral code to get the chance for a companion!
https://www.lorwolf.com/Refer/11524
ShadowHunteress

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FreddyCenobite » Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:29 pm

Image Image Image

Literal years to get this set done. YEARS. And 2/3s were from simple currency swaps done this year.

And then there were 2 on my remaining Malk list...
Basic info:
Pet of the moment:

Disabled adult She/Her Dog mom Ex-retiree
Movie geek Horror fan Halloween lover
My hoards Trade thread Offsite thread
My FRHow close I am to a full CS set
RIP my little butthead ♥️
CS TikoMy Tiko

If I haven’t responded to offer(s), it means I’m thinking
Last half of my user: Sen-uh-bite (send without the “d”)
Prefer no random PMs unless it's about offers
FreddyCenobite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horchata » Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:38 pm

ShadowHunteress wrote:Do ittt it is worth it even though it is maddening haha

oh nooooo you weren’t meant to tempt me!! hahahaha

do you have any advice for trying to track down old store pets?? tbh i don’t have heapss of trade fodder in terms of valuable pets so i feel a bit stuck

@FreddyCenobite congratulations!! sometimes those old malk pets can be so frustrating to track down even if noone really talks about it haha. i’ve been semi-trying to get a few of those malk wolves and cats for years… finishing my malk foxes was a struggle
a gardener told me some plants move
───────
libra - hufflepuff - infp
forum game!

───────
but i could not believe it

horchata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowHunteress » Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:41 pm

horchata wrote:
ShadowHunteress wrote:Do ittt it is worth it even though it is maddening haha

oh nooooo you weren’t meant to tempt me!! hahahaha

do you have any advice for trying to track down old store pets?? tbh i don’t have heapss of trade fodder in terms of valuable pets so i feel a bit stuck

Honestly, I ended up trading my older pets for the store pets I needed, since I wanted to complete that collection more importantly, so I traded a UR tiger, and a bunch of advents for the Cerbs and Skele bun
Check out Lorwolf! Use my referral code to get the chance for a companion!
https://www.lorwolf.com/Refer/11524
ShadowHunteress

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby answrs » Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:59 am

horchata wrote:
answrs wrote:on the way to 15k (or really 14.5k) my collection group just hit 14444 unique outcomes! :D

just thought it was a funky number to share, looks like I'll probably hit 14.5k with next month's litters and possibly even 15k by the end of the year :oc

not gonna lie, even having been here so long to see it happen in real time, the sheer number of pet outcomes that exists on the site now is frankly insane to me.

that's such an amazing achievement!! and i like the idea of having all your collection pets in one group - at least that's something i've considered doing until i've completed more species. do you find it easy to track your collection this way?

I'm not gonna lie, consolidating my collection from like 16 species and event distinctions into one group I don't have to think "okay but the lion isn't really a holiday thing but was a special release and it came out of a cat litter, does it go in the lion, event, or cat group?" or "are monkeys chameleons because they're just an edit of the base? are possums monkeys or chameleons or an entirely new group? is this staff dog edited into a big cat a dog or cat or lion?" has removed SO MUCH pressure and stress I didn't even know I was having with it.

I still keep my trades organized into general species/event groups for ease of access, but it's legitimately so much easier on me to just "okay these guys grew up today, into the pile with ye! YEET!"

(also helps because my groups are already excessive in number already, I don't have an extra three scrolls worth of groups to dredge through to sort my hoards into their place of honor)
After 11 years of seeking, I finally obtained my all-time dream on October 1, 2020 ;w;

answrs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:39 pm

answrs wrote:
horchata wrote:

I'm not gonna lie, consolidating my collection from like 16 species and event distinctions into one group I don't have to think "okay but the lion isn't really a holiday thing but was a special release and it came out of a cat litter, does it go in the lion, event, or cat group?" or "are monkeys chameleons because they're just an edit of the base? are possums monkeys or chameleons or an entirely new group? is this staff dog edited into a big cat a dog or cat or lion?" has removed SO MUCH pressure and stress I didn't even know I was having with it.

I still keep my trades organized into general species/event groups for ease of access, but it's legitimately so much easier on me to just "okay these guys grew up today, into the pile with ye! YEET!"

(also helps because my groups are already excessive in number already, I don't have an extra three scrolls worth of groups to dredge through to sort my hoards into their place of honor)

The idea of keeping my collection in one giant group gives me anxeity, lol xD
How on Earth am I going to find one specific pet if they're just in this massive pile of all pets ever released... My goodness, the thought alone terrifies me. And also, just think about misplacing a pet into said group. What about all of the lost doubles and hoard pets x.X

I avoid all of the stress of "Where do the hedgehogs go" by sorting my pets by the archive (by year and then species). If the archive calls the hedgehogs Syrian Hamsters, then into the Syrian Hamster group they go!
And I also don't seperate my groups by events/regulars either, but even if I did, just go by the archive. If the archive groups the pet as a regular pet, then into the regular group it would go.

Easy peasy. Then if I'm looking for a specific pet, all I need to know is the species the archive sort it as and whatever year it was released in. Boom, then I just need to go to that specific group and fetch it!

I think the only exception to this rule I have, is the distinction between sitting cats vs. regular cats. For whatever reason the archive group both cats as the same and that boggles my mind. Those are two seperate species and I will die on that hill! It seperate Tess horses from the regular horses, so why should it be different for the cats?
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady_Lycana » Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:26 am

Well I finally figured out which lions I'm missing from my lion collection. They are from the camping event and to be honest, i didn't even realize they were lion lines
Missing babes
Join my giveaways!
Lycana's Giveaways - April 2009 Very Rare
══════════════════════
Image/ Lycana / She/Her / Libra / Image

I see the gutter,
Feed on the foolish,
Outrun and kill the strong.
At daybreak, I roam,
Awake to who follows me.
I roam, I roam,
I am the hungry wolf.
(By: John Doe & Exene Cervenka)
©

Image/ Name / Pronoun / Image
══════════════════════
Lady_Lycana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby answrs » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:38 am

Minimanta wrote:
answrs wrote:I'm not gonna lie, consolidating my collection from like 16 species and event distinctions into one group I don't have to think "okay but the lion isn't really a holiday thing but was a special release and it came out of a cat litter, does it go in the lion, event, or cat group?" or "are monkeys chameleons because they're just an edit of the base? are possums monkeys or chameleons or an entirely new group? is this staff dog edited into a big cat a dog or cat or lion?" has removed SO MUCH pressure and stress I didn't even know I was having with it.

How on Earth am I going to find one specific pet if they're just in this massive pile of all pets ever released... My goodness, the thought alone terrifies me. And also, just think about misplacing a pet into said group. What about all of the lost doubles and hoard pets x.X

I avoid all of the stress of "Where do the hedgehogs go" by sorting my pets by the archive (by year and then species). If the archive calls the hedgehogs Syrian Hamsters, then into the Syrian Hamster group they go!
And I also don't seperate my groups by events/regulars either, but even if I did, just go by the archive. If the archive groups the pet as a regular pet, then into the regular group it would go.

Easy peasy. Then if I'm looking for a specific pet, all I need to know is the species the archive sort it as and whatever year it was released in. Boom, then I just need to go to that specific group and fetch it!

I think the only exception to this rule I have, is the distinction between sitting cats vs. regular cats. For whatever reason the archive group both cats as the same and that boggles my mind. Those are two seperate species and I will die on that hill! It seperate Tess horses from the regular horses, so why should it be different for the cats?

2022 alone has 26 categories. the idea of dealing with 400 groups just for your collection makes me shudder. if you mis-sort into one group you can just skip to the pets from that month. trawling through hundreds of different groups to try and find it? can't possibly imagine dredging through all those for a misplaced rat x_x
edit: misread your sorting for someone else's. whoops. still sounds like a major amount of work though :p
do you just have to wait for them to get sorted into the archive before you can put them anywhere? seems annoying imo.
After 11 years of seeking, I finally obtained my all-time dream on October 1, 2020 ;w;

answrs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:29 am

answrs wrote:
Minimanta wrote:
answrs wrote:I'm not gonna lie, consolidating my collection from like 16 species and event distinctions into one group I don't have to think "okay but the lion isn't really a holiday thing but was a special release and it came out of a cat litter, does it go in the lion, event, or cat group?" or "are monkeys chameleons because they're just an edit of the base? are possums monkeys or chameleons or an entirely new group? is this staff dog edited into a big cat a dog or cat or lion?" has removed SO MUCH pressure and stress I didn't even know I was having with it.

2022 alone has 26 categories. the idea of dealing with 400 groups just for your collection makes me shudder. if you mis-sort into one group you can just skip to the pets from that month. trawling through hundreds of different groups to try and find it? can't possibly imagine dredging through all those for a misplaced rat x_x
edit: misread your sorting for someone else's. whoops. still sounds like a major amount of work though :p
do you just have to wait for them to get sorted into the archive before you can put them anywhere? seems annoying imo.

Well, most of the time it's easy to tell what species a pet is or is based on.
The regular pets are very rarely edited to look like other species, so those guys are easy. And the event pets that are edited to look like other species, it's usually easy enough to tell what they're based on, based on the pose and the unedited parts.
You can tell the bears we got this Camping event are lions because they have the same pose and legs as unedited lions. You can tell the owls from the same event are macaws because they have the same wing pose as unedited flying macaws. Etc.
But it can of course get tricky like with the dimetrodons from the Cave event (these guys). What on Earth are they based on? Well, they're rats and you can sorta tell by the pose and the low to the ground, round body type. And just to be sure, yeah you just have to wait for them to get added to the archive to get confirmation ^.^

But I usually don't sort my new pets into their permanent groups until the month or event is over anyway, by which point they've usually been in the archive for a while. So that's not problem for me personally :D

And keeping up with the way I sort is really no trouble at all. It took a LONG time, and I'm talking years, to figure out how I wanted to sort my pets. Trying out different ways to sort them, until I settled on how I do it now. And it does take a long LONG time to resort your collection, especially with how many pets we have nowadays.
But going by the archive is by far my favorite way to sort my pets. It's simple, it's to the point and it's managable. You know exactly where a pet is.
And yeah, that does mean you add like 20 new groups every year but it's worth it to me.

I also just like to sort stuff. I get an itch every so often to resort my pets, think about a little bit and then decide to keep my setup. I just like it too much over any other alternative.
I hope they add the ability to sort pets within their groups. I'm gonna go WILD sorting all of my pets to sit next to their litter mates in an appealing way 8D
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me