April 2024 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: April 2024 Discussion Thread

Postby odin » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:29 pm

Never & Rush wrote:Image

i’m glad something grew on my birthday but i was so excited thinking it would be the deer, dang it ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ these horses are so pretty though, it was fun to watch them all grow <3 i’m debating buying another set of the stores so i can keep the ones that share my bday and trade the other set i bought, but idk how easy or hard they’ll be to trade off later

My bday is during advent so I always get a birthday buddy lol I love try to find more, my fave is the snow leopard lions 🦁 ♥️ also happy birthday. I mostly donot like horses but I love these. My granny had one like them name rocket. She had a baby when it was a tornado so we named him twister. :lol: He was bay color.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

odin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby achieve1dream » Wed May 01, 2024 12:15 am

June Bug wrote:
achieve1dream wrote:Oh my goodness that makes them even more special! Thank you for sharing his story. I'm so sorry you lost him, but I'm happy you had ten years together. I'm going to name one of mine Granix to honor your boy. The horse I have now is the only gray horse I've ever had. The funny thing is I always said I would never own a gray horses and yet I ended up with him lol. He is a Friesian/Arabian cross and his name is Chrome. He started out very dark bay as a baby and went through so many color changes. I got him when he was five months old (he's 15 in May) so I've seen all of his different colors. He ended up flea-bitten like your boy. :)

That is too funny that he showed Akhal-Teke on his DNA test! You did such a wonderful job on the art for this litter. It is definitely one of my top favorites. Thank you so much!

Haha, I also swore I'd never own a gray. They're pretty when they're cleaned up, but boy is it awful to groom them, haha. He was also *very* fond of mud, so much so that his nickname around the barn was "The Bog Monster", lol
Your boy sounds gorgeous! And how lucky to have been able to watch his metamorphosis!

Ty! It was a bit of a learning curve figuring out how to get the dappling to look just right, but it was pretty fun too! ^^

Bog Monster!! Ha I love it!! My boy loves to roll in the mud too. Keeping them clean and melanoma are the main reasons I didn't want a gray, but I would not trade him for anything in the world. :)

If you like pet collecting sites that you don't have to feed the pets, I can't recommend Wajas enough. Link below to join. I have lots for sale cheap to help you get started.
achieve1dream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

April Outcomes Thread

Postby Silvera2869 » Wed May 01, 2024 2:13 am

is there still a baby blue deer that hasnt grown yet? someone posted looking for it but i have not seen any on anyones pets
Silvera2869

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frostseraph » Wed May 01, 2024 2:31 am

I saw the May Outcomes thread up already and legit got confused what day it was XD
Frostseraph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Windi_1 » Wed May 01, 2024 2:37 am

June Bug wrote:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

So now that these guys are all grown, I'll pop in to confirm what you all correctly guessed, they are indeed all graying horses!

I made these guys in honor of my heart horse, Granix, who I lost earlier this year after a long fight with his declining health.
I never knew him as a youngster, I met him at 9 when he was pulled from an amish auction by the owner of the barn I worked at at the time. He was dirty and scarred both physically and mentally, but he still had a lively kind eye and I fell for him the moment I saw him.
I bought him from that barn 2 years later and we had 10 amazing years together. He was everything I wanted in an equine partner and we had so many great adventures <3

Because I did not know him in his younger years, I don't know what color he was before he grayed out. He only had some very light dappling for the first year I knew him and was simply fleabitten after a couple of sheds.
None of them are modeled directly after him, they were more of a cathartic exercise in imagining who he was before I knew him.

And as a fun side note, some of you guess they might be Akhal-Tekes, which was not my intent, but also not wrong!
I had a DNA test done on him out of curiosity and Akhal-Teke had the second highest number of breed markers in his DNA (First was Morgan). Given how DNA tests for horses work, it's unlikely he was a direct mix of the two (mostly like a Morgan/TB as they're both common in my area and TBs often show a lot of 'Teke markers as well) but it was always fun to think that his special shine was scientifically proven, haha <3

Love all the work you did, June Bug! For a little fyi... the "bloody shoulder" or blood shoulder marking is common with the Arabian horses of grey colour. Horses who have Arab in their lineage will, also, have it show up like the Thoroughbred and the Quarter horse. The marking can cover a small portion of the neck or as large as from muzzle to hoof.
Windi_1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: April Outcomes Thread

Postby Candycrystal » Wed May 01, 2024 9:51 am

Silvera2869 wrote:is there still a baby blue deer that hasnt grown yet? someone posted looking for it but i have not seen any on anyones pets

All the blues are grown by now afaik, the only one left is the pink that's changed twice now
Buying any 6 pets for 1C$! :D

Current dreamie:
Candycrystal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Erst » Wed May 01, 2024 1:05 pm

I loved the deer this month, they remind me of watercolours! 🥺💕
Erst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saikiyo » Wed May 01, 2024 1:18 pm

Erst wrote:I loved the deer this month, they remind me of watercolours! 🥺💕

That was actually my inspiration! Digital watercolor is very difficult but I love the look of watercolor so much lol
I'm an artist and have no power in the forums. I cannot unlock, move or delete topics.

^w^
Saikiyo
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mysticality » Wed May 01, 2024 1:20 pm

Final thoughts and favorite pets from April!

Mysticality wrote:Image
This pupper's blanket kinds reminds me of a painted landscape, either a river or a sky! The color scheme is really intriguing. Can't wait to see what the theme is.

Pet's name: Alessandra
Not my prediction, but a very cute litter nonetheless! I love the detail put into the coloring and texture of their coats.

These guys look very cool. The color scheme is pretty unique and I LOVE celestial themes so I can't wait for them to grow.

Pet's name: Ngaio
First of a few Celestial pets! I adore this litter! The color scheme is so striking and the patterns are beautiful. I love the three-tailed dog so much as well. Definitely one of my favorite dog litters since I've returned.

I thought this was just gonna be another natural litter to go with the trend recently, but then I saw the eyes. I wonder if thats an artistic choice or if something else is going on. It's got my attention!

Pet's name: Parastoo
Yep, a natural litter! June Bug's backstory to these guys was so touching. Thank you for sharing your love with us.

Another seemingly normal equine. hellevi did a great job last month so I'm excited to see what they do here!

Pet's name: Chenda
Definitely not a natural litter for this one. I love the pastels and the variety of patterns. Shout out to the blue guy- another celestial pattern! I don't usually like drafts, but these guys are so fun to look at!

I absolutely love dusty pinks, so I love this litter already. I hope some patterns arise out of them!

Pet's name: Fionnuala
Don't have too much to say about these ones. They're cute and I like the subtle pattern and shade variations.

EEEK! I'm most excited for the Bwolves!! I absolutely adore the PPS guy and I cant wait to see the rest of them. Again, I'm a huge sucker for celestial themes!!

Pet's name: Funke
I am so absolutely in love with this litter. They are GORGEOUS!!! This is probably my favorite litter I've adopted since I returned. If I was a hoarder I definitely would have a collection of them! Fantastic job to the artist!

I am going to pretend I did NOT see today's outcome. So I have no idea what they're gonna be but it's been a hot sec since we've had dwarf hamsters (besides Easter).

Pet's name: Iðunn
Cutie little fruit guys! My luck was wacky with this litter but I was able to trade for them all!

This is gonna be a very interesting litter. Very different from last month's 2nd gens. I do like the shades of brown that are used.

Pet's name: Reenie
This was a really interesting pairing, and I love the detail that these ponies have. They aren't quite my cup of tea (if you couldn't tell, I'm a bug fan of fantastical concepts LOL), but still very cool!

Another one I'm clueless on! Just happy we're getting some snakes!

Pet's name: Fiorenza
I really enjoy the snakes! A very simple design but very well executed. I LOVE the addition of the greenery *chefs kiss*

Yay!!!! Deer!!! My favorite species on CS. I always love Saikiyo's art so I am looking forward to these guys. It looks like there might be some light details, but I can't really tell what it is.

Pet's name: Miroslava
Deer are probably my favorite species on CS. I'm so glad we got some! I love the color pallet and the small varying details on each outcome like the jewelry markings and the tiny little stamps on the back. I didn't keep up with all the changes because that would have stressed me out, but it was fun to watch! I'm glad to have all the outcomes :)

An exceptional month! Great job and thank you to all the artists you guys are so amazing and talented!!!!
boy why you so gnarp gnarp
Mysticality

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby luminaree » Wed May 01, 2024 3:02 pm

Saikiyo wrote:
Erst wrote:I loved the deer this month, they remind me of watercolours! 🥺💕

That was actually my inspiration! Digital watercolor is very difficult but I love the look of watercolor so much lol

They're so beautiful! I love how the growths match the final colours of each deer :)
luminaree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me