For all us oldies..

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: For all us oldies..

Postby IORG101 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:09 pm

Ahh, yes...Long, long ago, in a CS version since retired...

Pets were bookmarked, then people created multiple accounts because there was no way to organize your pets. Eventually, everything was merged into 1 account per person. I regret losing my original account number of 1054 (that number has a lot of meaning to me because of something at work).

Trading or adopting pets was a...process. There weren't any items to decorate pets with, or background colors to set. You could actually read every active thread in the forums each day. I also remember the pouting pup on the pound page, the xat chat room, and the shout box.

It's amazing how much the site has changed and grown in the (almost) 2 years I've been here. I look forward to the future.
IORG101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby qittenpie » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:31 pm

Woaaaah. I hadn't thought I would remember all of the stuff people are posting on here. X3.

I trained myself to click a million miles per hour, just so I could skip having to adopt all my pets one at a time. |D I remember the old layout, I remember being terrified of the forum, I remember adopting some non-accounts before I knew accounts existed.

I even remember the first time I got scolded by a mod. |D I was in fact annoying and posted on the 'Post here to get your pets back or whatever the title was' thread wayyy after it had closed, and then Sorren scolded me. X3
ImageImage

and the universe said I love you
and the universe said you have played the game well
and the universe said everything you need is within you
and the universe said you are stronger than you know
and the universe said you are the daylight
and the universe said you are the night
and the universe said the darkness you fight is within you
and the universe said the light you seek is within you
and the universe said you are not alone

qittenpie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby akebai » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:06 pm

Ah, the horrors of only being able to adopt one pet at a time....Entirely worth it, however.
akebai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EnochianGhost » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:20 pm

Ah, the good old days. To tell you the truth I remember little from anything in '08. I wasn't very active then. That's why my account was made in '08 but my pet collection is closer to someone would be if they'd joined much later. :P

I do remember the old layout, and my surprise when I got on one to day to find the brand new layout. I actually retyped the url a couple times to see if I'd gone to the right place. xD
♡ Pet Spotlight ♡
♡ Art Spotlight ♡
Call me Ghost.
She/he pronouns.

THIGDAAo3

ImageImage
EnochianGhost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crazy cranky critter » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:49 pm

I looked on CS long before I joined. The old layout was cool. Lovely colour o3o
{
together, we make . . .

deviantArt.

. . . the perfect hell
}
crazy cranky critter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rockylin » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:03 pm

Haha gosh i guess that i counts as an oldie, since i even, or barely remember the time when we didn't even had accounts to begin with. I had a map in my internet bookmarks marked as CS Pets, with links to all my pets. Then it was so awesome when Nick could transfer them into my accounts.

My first pet ever to adopt was Teck, a sundog <3

Now i really regret that i didn't adopted a lot more of the pets back then when we didn't even had limits to how many pets we could adopt, and did A LOT of stupid trades. As example i accidently traded away a dogtag for a red X pps ( didn't even know the were dogtags and nontags back then).
And i hunted the Sun Jw already there in 2008, and still are. xD

I wont say that i miss the "good old days" because everything is so much inproved now. The trading system, the wishlist, the amount of pets and species, and of course The ADOPTING system!!Gosh the pain with adopting one at a time.. *shivers*

It's crazy how big this site have grown now!It's lovely that it is still active and are still growing.
Rockylin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Freyàh » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:23 pm

Roonie-Roe wrote:I also remember when we had a chat room where we could doodle in it and other people could join us. You could watch their drawings as they made them and they could watch yours. That was kinda fun. But sometimes it got annoying because some people would come in and erase or draw over your drawing before you could finish it or take a screenshot of it. xD

God, yeah I remeber I was one of those "erasers" :lol: Well, it was only once and by mistake. I came on the chatroom, and made one ugly black line in the background. Vampy was drawing at the same time, she was making an awesome picture, I think it was a wolf. And then I decided to erase my black line and though that the erase button would only erase the things I've drawn. And I click it, and there goes Vampiric's drawing :lol: I.felt.so.stupid.for doing this. I remember not wanting to go to the chatroom again. And though Vampiric hated me. :C
And also, I remember I used to love one of the second gens and the galaxy dogs, that I even posted them on my deviant art journal and checked them everyday for growths :lol: I even print - screened when one of my pets grew. Let me just find it.

Edit: Didn't find it, but I found something else :D Click! I remember having almost 1300 trade pets, a lot of them rare, and 5 pages of july/august 08 trade dogs. :cry:
Image|ᴀʀᴛ ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ wip | ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇ ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ | | Image
April, 2023: I've been busy with real life recently, so I haven't had much time for CS. However, hopefully I will be back soon! In the meantime, I wish everyone great days ahead, and thank you all for over a decade of fun and lovely memories! <3
Freyàh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vampiric » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:26 am

kekerica1 wrote:
Roonie-Roe wrote:I also remember when we had a chat room where we could doodle in it and other people could join us. You could watch their drawings as they made them and they could watch yours. That was kinda fun. But sometimes it got annoying because some people would come in and erase or draw over your drawing before you could finish it or take a screenshot of it. xD

God, yeah I remeber I was one of those "erasers" :lol: Well, it was only once and by mistake. I came on the chatroom, and made one ugly black line in the background. Vampy was drawing at the same time, she was making an awesome picture, I think it was a wolf. And then I decided to erase my black line and though that the erase button would only erase the things I've drawn. And I click it, and there goes Vampiric's drawing :lol: I.felt.so.stupid.for doing this. I remember not wanting to go to the chatroom again. And though Vampiric hated me. :C
And also, I remember I used to love one of the second gens and the galaxy dogs, that I even posted them on my deviant art journal and checked them everyday for growths :lol: I even print - screened when one of my pets grew. Let me just find it.

Edit: Didn't find it, but I found something else :D Click! I remember having almost 1300 trade pets, a lot of them rare, and 5 pages of july/august 08 trade dogs. :cry:

Lol you nab *gives noogie* XD I dom't hate people even if they trash my masterpiece ;P
@ @ @ @ @
Vampiric
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LunarFaith » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:31 am

I remember the old layout <3 it changed soon after I joined/stated to watch this place. Then one day BAM! It was so bright XD
• • C R I M S O N • P E A K • •

NEW Semi-Lit Wolf RP : Click the Image below to join today

LunarFaith

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sorren Fey » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:04 am

Additionaly I remember when there were no transparent backgrounds for the pets.
Sorren Fey
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me