"The" Rares List Guide - Do not ask about new UR's!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: "The" Rares List Guide - Updated [20-07-2015]

Postby [Shadow] » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:37 pm

The angry one, from what I have seen in my recent basilisk search, is actually one of the easier ones to find. Though still difficult. I don't believe the basilisks should be separated.

Everyone seems to agree on the placement of the Arabs and Clyde it seems.
[Shadow]

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:18 pm

Looking at the trades that have been posted for the arabs & basilisks, I am not seeing that many going for advent list pets, that seems to be more the exception rather than the norm?

If either of them do place onto the bottom of the list though, would this mean the marionette would need considering for moving up a tier? Would other tier 1 pets need reviewing?
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RedAutumnLeaf » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:52 am

If we were to move up the Arabian and Clydesdale, I believe the Marionette would definitely need to be moved, perhaps to the third tier, where the Clockwork lies.

As for other pets to consider moving up, the on.y ones that I feel would need to be updated are the releases from Halloween 2009, such as the Ghost Cat, Purple Sleipnir, Cobweb Bun, and Spiderwing B-Wolf. Of these considered, the one that I believe is most deserving to be moved up is the Purple Sleipnir, due to the nearly constant good demand and the fact that many people like to hoard them.

Does anyone have any thoughts on these? If I am wrong in any regard, please tell me what should be changed. ^^
ImageImageImageImage
RedAutumnLeaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:01 am

Right now, we are not going to discuss the possible move of all those pets. Focus on one thing. The store pet issue is at hand at first, we'll see about any other movements later. (although i personally don't agree with most pets you suggested are up for a move.)

I understand that people want to get things placed, moved up and down as soon and fast as we can, but also understand that placing of pets takes time. Even when we decide on a move, i don't always update the thread right away just to see what kind of impact our talks really have on the community. The sudden 'rushing' of movements that has occurred here is something i personally do not enjoy, getting back on topic is on thing, pushing a topic another. The rareslist has always taken time, and we will take time before moving pets, even when discussion is being pushed. Remember, it doesn't matter if there is no talk about a subject for a week or two. There's no rush whatsoever in moving pets as the list is after all, just a guide.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Castiel Winchester » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:08 am

I do believe we are still discussing where to put the arabs & basilisks, correct?
Personally, given what I have seen and received in the way of trades, I feel it would be wise to place all of the basilisks together on tier one. I come across all of them at about the same frequency, and they are trade easily for rares-list values.
As for the arabs, I agree that the Clydesdale should be on the second tier while the rest remain on the first. The others can be found with a comparative ease as compared to their adoption partner.
Hello!
I will do my best to aid you with your
trade on the FTT, but I do not handle high
demand trades. Best of luck!

PLEASE STOP GIVING ADVICE BASED ON EXCESSIVE/OUTLANDISH DEMAND

This is becoming a HUGE issue in causing inflated and outrageous demand, and holds very little merit. If you are getting offers that are well beyond the worth of your pet, congrats. Please stop pretending that is the normal going rate of the pet, as it really usually is not.
Castiel Winchester

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RedAutumnLeaf » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:35 am

While I don't agree with moving the whole set up too much, I do agree with the Clydesdale being worth more than the others in the set. When it comes to personal trading experience, I have definitely seen the Clydesdale in less frequency, and I have even come across a few users who hoard them, rather than the whole set.

As for the Angry Basilisk, I don't believe that it should be moved to the second tier. As Blaine said, I haven't gotten any evidence to show that it is worth more than the others. I, personally, have always seen them go as a set, with none of them being particularly worth more than the other (unless you take in personal taste.)

(P.S: Sorry if I got a bit off-topic there. You're right, DaDwarf, we should save those discussions for later. ^^)
ImageImageImageImage
RedAutumnLeaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:12 am

^ if you don't know what the pets look like, i don't think you should join the discussion xD

If they are added, they do not affect any pet but themselves.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RedAutumnLeaf » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:16 am

While it's true that they don't affect other pets, shouldn't we have a later discussion about pets that should move up in comparison to them? For instance, there are some bottom-tier pets that are easily worth more than the store pets we have been talking about, so it's sensible to talk about whether or not any of them should be moved, no?
ImageImageImageImage
RedAutumnLeaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:49 am

The reason these pets are being discussed is because they slowly gain worth, normal other pets dont gain worth as fast as the store pets do. Any pets moved up before or after these store pets are added will be moved not because of the store pets but because of them being worth more on their own. Those things are completly seperate. You cant compare store pets to other pets in that aspect xD it can be confusing to understand but yea, were not going to move first pet tiers up just cause were adding something to the first tier xD
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atwood » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:39 pm

Solloby wrote:Looking at the trades that have been posted for the arabs & basilisks, I am not seeing that many going for advent list pets, that seems to be more the exception rather than the norm? -snip-

I had a trade last month for an Arabian with an Advent pet offered, ready to accept:
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/v ... E7jdXJ3WOw

I edited to this, which was accepted:
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/v ... 6WUVJ-wTEQ
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me