Recent Rarity Change List [January Update in progress!!]

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Recent Rarity Change List

Postby odin » Thu May 01, 2014 9:50 am

lucky333123 wrote:
Zanjux wrote:
    ████ I'm sure this has been discussed before, but is anyone sure about why the dramatic drop in rarity?
    I mean, this pet right here, as long as I remember it, it has always been rare, but now it is uncommon all of a sudden.. and no explanation I can come up with makes sense at all, since usually mot pets go up in their rarity instead of going down.

There could have been a lot of that spider that was rereleased or a members who have a bunch of them could have come back.

The re-release happened months ago, any changes in rarity due to that would have been in the first update post re-release.

I'm not surprised that the lion is uncommon. I didn't think it would be rare.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

odin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Placid » Thu May 01, 2014 1:47 pm

odin wrote:
lucky333123 wrote:
Zanjux wrote:
    ████ I'm sure this has been discussed before, but is anyone sure about why the dramatic drop in rarity?
    I mean, this pet right here, as long as I remember it, it has always been rare, but now it is uncommon all of a sudden.. and no explanation I can come up with makes sense at all, since usually mot pets go up in their rarity instead of going down.

There could have been a lot of that spider that was rereleased or a members who have a bunch of them could have come back.

The re-release happened months ago, any changes in rarity due to that would have been in the first update post re-release.

I'm not surprised that the lion is uncommon. I didn't think it would be rare.

My GUESS is that a small group of old accounts (that weren't active) are now active again, meaning theres more pets in circulation again. Or something like that.
Placid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beemo » Thu May 01, 2014 2:15 pm

Did anything's rarity actually change with this update, or did pets without rarities just get them?
beemo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zalia » Thu May 01, 2014 2:24 pm

My GUESS is that a small group of old accounts (that weren't active) are now active again, meaning theres more pets in circulation again. Or something like that.

How would being active have anything to do with rarities? Rarities are judged by how many people OWN the pet, not how many people are active with the pet on their account. That doesn't make any sense..
One.Two.Three.Four.Five.
Image Image
-----------------
Exenity
|intj| |AAL|

-----------------

You are beautiful.
You are ignorant,
and we are forever.

Image Image
Zalia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucky333123 » Thu May 01, 2014 2:29 pm

Last ♠ Tear wrote:

How would being active have anything to do with rarities? Rarities are judged by how many people OWN the pet, not how many people are active with the pet on their account. That doesn't make any sense..

Nope. Rarties on CS on take into account ACTIVE accounts so inactive accounts aren't counted.
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

───────────────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

┌────────────┐

If you need any help, feel
free to ask ^.^ dates matter
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_ people.
I have received _35_ gifts.

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐

└────────────┘
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
lucky333123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RavenclawHobbit » Thu May 01, 2014 2:29 pm

Last ♠ Tear wrote:

Actually, they are based on active accounts. If a player doesn't log on for a certain period of time (I think it's like 6 months?), then their pets don't count towards the rarities. It's done this way to help reflect the true trading market. Think about it - if there were 100 of pet A and only 50 of pet B, but 50 of pet A were locked on an account from 2008 whose owner was probably never going to play again, then pet A and pet B are equally hard to get, right? Because even though A has more pets overall, there are only 50 of each available to trade for.
Bring your daylight, bring your dark,
    ~~~~~~~Share your silence, and unpack your heart.

My DAMy Art BlogCharacter WebsiteAsk Gavin & Chase
About Me: Call me Raven or Meg, whichever you fancy. I'm female, vegetarian, a guinea pig owner, artist, and horseback rider. I love fandoms, from Harry Potter to Game of Thrones to Chaos Walking to Sherlock and most recently, Star Wars!. I don't log in as frequently as I used to, so please be patient when waiting for PMs and trades.
RavenclawHobbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chapter.Eleven » Sun May 04, 2014 10:45 am

I was going through my trade groups and I was confused at first, because either I was terrible at putting pets in the right rarity group orrrr a lot of pets went down in rarity.
I guess a lot of pets went down in rarity. My poor pets uwu
And if you feel like you don't have one person out there that cares about you then congratulations, let me tell you you're wrong! 'Cause I care about you!
-SlyFoxHound

If you're too scared to begin creating things, then you are doomed to never create anything, because you never even tried.
-KickThePJ

I can't promise I'll never leave you. No one can promise that.
-Cecil Palmer
Chapter.Eleven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moonblaze-Angel » Tue May 06, 2014 1:57 pm

Has anyone caught that the Non-Swirl is now a VR, instead of OMGSR? Sorry if it's already been seen.
Moonblaze-Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby phoebe11850 » Fri May 09, 2014 7:03 pm

Moonblaze-Angel wrote:Has anyone caught that the Non-Swirl is now a VR, instead of OMGSR? Sorry if it's already been seen.

exactly what i thought
phoebe11850

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horrorfiilms » Thu May 15, 2014 3:30 pm

Moonblaze-Angel wrote:Has anyone caught that the Non-Swirl is now a VR, instead of OMGSR? Sorry if it's already been seen.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing? Anyways, I found my white guinea pig that I had turned from VR to rare when I found it.

i don't use cs very often!
i log on every few months to check
messages and forums,
but you won’t get immediate responses.

i've had this account since i was in middle school
so apologies for the cringe :-P
horrorfiilms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes