*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: *DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Postby - Alice - » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:08 am

cautiousculpeo wrote:
nickjr wrote:Sorry, this WILL be locked soon; we just need to get the first two posts fixed and move those novels elsewhere.

but its as easy as quoting and copying into a google doc....

you dont have to draw it out. Im sorry but it seems like people are beating around the bush.

Anyone who wants to discuss can go to your new post about it.

But then hyensa said we can't remake threads on it.. so it's kinda screwing the guys who do want to still use it as ya know we're still allowed to...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
hey everyone! I am slowly quitting chicken smoothie [something
I've been saying for the last 3years pff]
and am slowly trading
everything for art or ocs! your welcome to dm me for art or oc
sales but I also have forums linked to below with all info :3

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
- Alice -

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hyensa » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:12 am

It's still available for use for anyone who wants to use it,
will just be locked and discontinued in terms of updating it.
Simon asked that we move this kind of discussion to the new thread so I think it's best that we head there and discuss this, the more we interfere with the front page being finalized the longer it's going to take to be locked.

Burrito Bunny wrote:
Simon wrote:
    Reminder:

Since there is a new Discussion Thread, all discussion unrelated to finalizing the front page of this thread does not belong here and will be deleted moving forward. Otherwise, we have two threads containing the same discussions and that would not be acceptable. Also attaching reminder posted on that thread about unacceptable user engagement:

There are ways to get your points across without insulting others, arguing, and causing spam. Civil discussions and debates are of course okay but some of you are starting to cross a line here. We understand that this is a contentious topic and transition however please remember to follow our rules and be respectful towards everyone.

Think this is relevant again.
Hyensa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cautiousculpeo » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:14 am

thejokerkeepsmiling1 wrote:
cautiousculpeo wrote:
nickjr wrote:Sorry, this WILL be locked soon; we just need to get the first two posts fixed and move those novels elsewhere.

but its as easy as quoting and copying into a google doc....

you dont have to draw it out. Im sorry but it seems like people are beating around the bush.

Anyone who wants to discuss can go to your new post about it.

But then hyensa said we can't remake threads on it.. so it's kinda screwing the guys who do want to still use it as ya know we're still allowed to...

There IS another thread made for this very topic.
You can use the list nobody said you cant.
Locking it doesnt mean it will be deleted it will just float around unused.

Thovatos wrote:This is ‘The Rares List’ Disscusion Thread
’The Rares List’ is now discontinued. This is where you may ask questions.

| Twitch | she/her | adult user | married | Procreate | Pet Collector |
duck lover and proud muscovy mama of 4. i collect all the ducks and duck themed pets! trade with me!
I havent been active in a long time <3 but im getting back into it!

ImageImage
I am a holibomber! - I have gifted 20 people. I have received 21 gifts.
cautiousculpeo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kee; » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:35 am

@cautiousculpeo- It’s only still unlocked so myself and the other current owners can finish up discussing the info that needs to be left on the first few pages.
    We’re trying to finish as quickly as we can, but I know my time as been a bit limited in the past few days since I’m on vacation at the moment.
    We’ll get it done as soon as we can so the thread can be locked.

@nickjr- that write up you put up on the previous page looks good!
    The only other thing I had was this, but it’s a bit long.
    At the time of the list’s retirement, there were some pets in line to be discussed and possibly moved. Two omg so rare UR pets, the UR grapes and UR bengal, were next in like to be discussed. These two pets were placed low on the main list, and were planned to be moved up the list after the community decided to focus the list more on rarity. Since these pets are omg so rare, the community thought that they were placed too low and needed to be elevated.
    The bumble bee spider was under consideration to be moved up the list. This pet sits on tier 1 of the advent list. However, it changed to very rare at the same time as other pets that are placed higher than it, so the community felt it wise to consider moving it up to better reflect its rarity.

A few pets were under consideration to be moved down the list. The hyena advent and Timberwolf, both originally released during Christmas 2008, were placed on tier 9 of the advent list, two tiers above the other advent dogs in their litter, who were on tier 7. At the time they were placed, these two dogs had more demand than the others, and were moved up. The community thought that over the years the demand had decreased, and discussions were planned to potentially move them down to sit with the rest of their litter-mates on tier 7.
    The red rose dog and light leopard dog, left placed on the September list, were also potentials to be moved down. Based on when they turned very rare, in relation to other pets on the list, they were placed higher than they should have been.
    The joker dog, placed below the gap on the main list, was in conversation to be moved down the list. It changed to very rare in (insert date I can’t remember), after other “list pets” that were placed lower. It was placed as high as it was because of its demand, and following the community decision for the list to focus more on rarity than demand, the argument was made for it to be moved down.

Some pets were also in line for discussions on whether or not to add them to the list. First up were the newer UR pets from 2017, the UR fox and UR peas. These pets are both omg so rare, and would have been placed somewhere above the gap on the main list. A poll would have been conducted to allow the community to give their input as to where they wanted to see these two pets placed. Throughout the years of the list, new UR pets were placed on the main list about 1 year following their release on December 2018 during the advent calendar.
    The following list of pets were in line to be discussed to be added to the list based on the dates of their rarity updates (all are currently very rare). These pets went up in rarity at the same time as let’s that were on the list, so the argument was made that they were equally as rare, and therefore deserved a place on the list. They are as follows:
    - ‪Cream 09 bunny ‬
    - 11 St. Patrick's Day Green Tess Dragon
    ‪-Tan Light-Headed Rat‬
    ‪-Nick Sunback ‬
    ‪-Nick Blue Toxic ‬
    -09 St Pats Dog
    -Dark faced and Light Faced Growing October

-kee
Last edited by kee; on Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍.
leo | she/her | athlete
american | vegetarian
𝐘𝐎𝐔.─────
song of the week:
with every wish by bruce springsteen
kee;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Animall » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:37 am

Animall wrote:Just wondering before we lock, were there any edits that we wanted to do to the gaps list before we locked the thread? I know this part of the list in specific caused a lot of backlash, so Im not sure if we should leave a blurp explaining why, as a history reference and also a lesson? Idk. Just want to touch all the bases.

I havent been a very active on this thread and I apologize!

Bumping before it gets lost

Do you laugh about me whenever I leave?
Or do I still need more therapy?
(fake out)

↞ infj ⎯ she/her ⎯ adult user ↠

trade thread
auction thread

ImageImageImage
Animall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kee; » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:39 am

Animall wrote:
Animall wrote:Just wondering before we lock, were there any edits that we wanted to do to the gaps list before we locked the thread? I know this part of the list in specific caused a lot of backlash, so Im not sure if we should leave a blurp explaining why, as a history reference and also a lesson? Idk. Just want to touch all the bases.

I don’t think it’s been mentioned, but it doesn’t seem like a bad idea to put a little disclaimer on the top of it.

-kee
𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍.
leo | she/her | athlete
american | vegetarian
𝐘𝐎𝐔.─────
song of the week:
kee;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goostarion » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:13 am

kee; wrote:
Animall wrote:

I don’t think it’s been mentioned, but it doesn’t seem like a bad idea to put a little disclaimer on the top of it.

-kee

Posting since nothing has happened in 3 days on this thread.

I do apologise if this feels like I am rushing. It’s moreso focused on how the conversation just stopped.

All that’s needed here is this:
The gaps list origin and when it was created
What it’s positive use was
Why people didn’t like it in the end
Conclusion

So something like this. edit: I’ve bolded this part because I don’t believe I’ve clearly said this is just an example of the above. You don’t need to use this blurb, it’s a example one. I actually, off hand anyway; don’t know much of the gaps list and it’s origin, I’ve just always used it as law because that’s how it came across to me as.

The gaps list was a vital part of the lists design. It was created originally to give value to each tier as there was, at the time; difficulty to determine how pets worked in trades against each other. This was a positive addition at first, as it helped iron out a lot of problems the list faced, especially with designing the gaps between the tiers, and even helping out new users in the FTT. However this idea also had another problem. Unfortunately due to using exact pets as values, it created a orderly structure many users followed to the bone and can be seen still after the list was retired. It also made pet trading very unrealistic and added insane values into pets that lead them to be worth astronomical amounts. Many CS users who voted to retire this list during the great vote stated in hundreds of posts from pages 450-600 that this was one of many concerns that made the list unable to be reconstructed.

I am pushing it along due to there being so much discussion on other threads happening, but none here.
I am on mobile.
Current mood: Casually being able to talk to the country's parliament is fascinating.
Don’t you want to see a highlight?
Join your union
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kee; » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:40 am

I know it’s frustrating, it’s been awhile with nothing going on.
    As far as I know, we’re waiting for Thovatos. They have to edit the first few posts to move the long blocks of text from the second post to the second page. Others of us have been discussing, but we can’t do anything with those posts.

-kee
𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍.
leo | she/her | athlete
american | vegetarian
𝐘𝐎𝐔.─────
song of the week:
kee;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takk » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:56 pm

Did we already agree on a new blurb for the red text? Since they aren’t being moved it wasn’t brought up to change the wording but I never followed up on it
Quitting CS, looking to sell Lists and Store pets for art
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kee; » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:19 am

Takk wrote:Did we already agree on a new blurb for the red text? Since they aren’t being moved it wasn’t brought up to change the wording but I never followed up on it

I think it would be fine to change it like this:
    Please note!!! Any OMG So Rare Pet that is below 'the big gap' was going to be moved up on the list! With the retiring of the list, updates were stopped and these pets weren’t moved. I’ve made them red to find them easier. These pets should not be traded for their list value!

-kee
𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍.
leo | she/her | athlete
american | vegetarian
𝐘𝐎𝐔.─────
song of the week:
kee;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery