Ask the Staff!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Ask the Staff!

Postby .mickey » Tue May 17, 2016 12:42 am

@ Anyone

What languages do you speak?
    I speak English and Polish. C:
.mickey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DoctorDraca » Tue May 17, 2016 2:11 am

dkla. wrote:
any staff that is willing to answer,

do you have a favorite pokemon?

Absol! Since gen three I've almost always had an Absol in my team. I love my scythe-head baby. Absol also has really good attack so that's a big plus.

naive ; wrote:
    @ Anyone

I speak English and Dutch. Dutch is actually my native language as I'm from Belgium.

etcetera wrote:
to all the hardworking staffers!

how many times do you generally catch common cold per year - how long does it usually last?
i have it right now and it's awful tbh

I catch a cold a couple times a year. The weather here is usually rainy and chilly so colds are in large supply. It usually takes a few weeks before the sniffles stop.
------------------- ◊ -------------------
toyhousedeviantarttracker dogs
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby firestar123456789 » Tue May 17, 2016 3:54 am

to any of the staff: if you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
Image Image
firestar123456789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atwood » Tue May 17, 2016 1:44 pm

etcetera wrote:

how many times do you generally catch common cold per year - how long does it usually last?

I get a full blown cold maybe once or twice per year, but I'm often in a semi-sick state where I'm fighting something off due to all the virus exposures I get working in the hospital. When I'm really sick, it's usually miserable for maybe three days and then I'm pretty much back to normal. I actually kind of prefer getting the full cold experience over fighting the virus off, as at least then I have it over and done with at once, can take time off work to rest up, and have an excuse to do nothing for a few days other than lounge around watching TV, playing videogames and drinking hot chocolate while feeling completely sorry for myself :b
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aquamiao » Tue May 17, 2016 1:46 pm

To any staff who is mot an artist:

Do you do any drawing? What is your skill level? Have you done any drawings here on cs?

╔═════ ∘◦ ☆ ◦∘ ═════╗
i saw it in that meteor,
a light that cuts into the darkness--
light up my eyes and i won’t get lost,
so watch over me, Regulus!

aqua | they/them | discord: sticktoyourfaith
current interests: blue lock, prsk,
apothecary diaries, gotg, splatoon, etc

Image Image
╚═════ ∘◦ ☆ ◦∘ ═════╝

aquamiao

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pandle » Tue May 17, 2016 7:37 pm

etcetera wrote:

It used to just be once a year, and it would be regular as clockwork in the second week of November. I can't remember the last time I ever had a cold where I had to take time off, I usually just push through it and end up a breathless, hot, sniffly mess at training every day.

firestar123456789 wrote:to any of the staff: if you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?

I've always wanted to pin up a world map and just throw a dart at it, then wherever it lands, I'd go. I love exploring, if I can avoid big cities that's great (or at least big Western cities) and I'm happy.
Pandle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Tue May 17, 2016 8:49 pm

NaosRain wrote:@Anyone
What is your best memory of a pet you have had? c:

When I was 7 or 8, my mom finally said that I could get a cat. We went to a pet expo and found out about cats in foster homes, and we found a beautiful orange tabby. He was raised with a silver tabby and the people in charge of the foster care didn't want them to be separated, so we took both. I remember being yelled at by the old ladies because I said I was "buying" the cats, but they said I was "adopting" them. :p We had them for about a week until we realized that my mom is allergic to cats. Male tabbies in particular are the worst with dandruff and so having two male tabbies in an apartment-style living area just didn't cut it and we had to return the cats. I spent so much time with them during that week though, so arguably it's a bittersweet memory for me. x3 We ended up adopting a female dilute tortoiseshell a year or two later, and she reminded me of both of them because she's gray and orange, so in the end everything worked out. A few years later I was checking out Petfinder and I saw an orange and silver tabby that had the same names as them, and I always wondered if they had still been in foster care. :c

dkla. wrote:

I have lots, but I love Sylveon and Espeon! All of the Eeveelutions are great, really. ^^ I also really like Celebi and Jirachi. Something about the third generation, probably because that's when I really started playing.

smofir. wrote:To: anybody,

What are your plans for the summer?

Video games, a minimum wage job, working on a YouTube collab channel, and a philosophy class. :')

Direwolfie69 wrote:To: any bae

Do you ever walk past a pet shop window in the shopping center /that's where I know there's a Pet shop/ or anywhere and be all. "I want those cats up there and the fourteen puppies down the bottom. Oh yeah, I forgot. I can't because reasons

Ugh, every time uwu It's not the puppies, it's always the cats that get to me. They always come up to the glass and put their paws up and flop down on their bellies and I just want to snuggle them to death ;w;

etcetera wrote:

Usually once a year, and it can last anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks.

naive ; wrote:
    @ Anyone

Just English! I do know a significant amount of Spanish because I took up to Spanish 4 in high school, and I use Duolingo sometimes, so I know enough to hold a very basic conversation or get around if I was randomly stranded in Mexico, but that's about it.

firestar123456789 wrote:to any of the staff: if you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?

Japan or Norway.

Aquatail626 wrote:To any staff who is mot an artist:

Do you do any drawing? What is your skill level? Have you done any drawings here on cs?

I like drawing, but I'm not good at it ^^ I have a tablet that I use mostly for coloring linearts and such. Sites like CS did make me want to learn how to draw, though - and I did try for a while! I gave up because I just wasn't very good.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wesley » Wed May 18, 2016 3:55 am

NaosRain wrote:@Anyone
What is your best memory of a pet you have had? c:

Aww, this is a good question! When I was very little, I used to hide under a little table in the corner of my family's living room. When I got my dog Minnie Pearl in 2004, one of the first things I did was show her my hiding spot! A few times I would sit under the table with her and cuddle, until she learned the hiding spot herself. I remember my parents searching the house frantically for her one day when I had the bright idea to check under the corner table. Sure enough, she had decided to hijack the hiding spot for herself.
Minnie was such a good dog. I also hold dear memories of filling her stocking with dog treats and giving them to her on Christmas morning. We used to get her the red and white Dingo's rawhides!

dkla. wrote:

Totodile will always hold a special place in my heart because it was my starter in Gold & Silver and Crystal.
Not necessarily the coolest looking Pokemon, but I love the little guy!

I'm going to a Coldplay concert in Chicago in July!
I'm also working at a waterpark this summer!

etcetera wrote:

I used to get it a lot. I have a pretty weak immune system, asthma, and allergies, so the common cold is hell for me. I would say that I usually get it about 3-4 times a year, but it lasts for nearly a month each time. I was fortunate enough this past year, though, to only catch it once or twice. *knocks on wood and grabs plastic sword to fend off your germs* Stay back!
But really, I hope you feel better c:

naive ; wrote:
    @ Anyone

English, Spanish, and Latin (though I suppose Latin is not really a spoken language!) I knew limited ASL for a while... before I could talk as an infant, my mom taught me how to sign for things when I cried. When I was in grade school, she taught me the alphabet and a few other basic things as well. I took ASL at university for a little bit, but I dropped that course because the professor was so mean. :c She did teach me some greetings and how to count to ten, though.

Probably Japan? Or perhaps back to the Virgin Islands... I went a few years ago, but I didn't get to fully appreciate it while I was there. The culture there is incredible, and the views are like something you only see in a travel magazine. It's really quite gorgeous.

I draw, but only as a hobbyist. My skills are quite limited. I am better at traditional art than digital art.
Wesley
she/they genderqueer demisexual lesbian

ART FIGHT || FLIGHT RISING

Hello, my name is Wesley & I have a Juris Doctor!
I collect crystals/minerals, Build a Bears, & stickers.
I am also interested in dinosaurs, Glass Animals, Animal Crossing, Pokemon,
various anime shows, magic, and writing/character collecting!
My birthday is August 8th!
I'm a non-theistic eclectic witch. ♥

Image Image Image Image

Art to left by lemonlotte
Wesley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dragonheart48 » Wed May 18, 2016 4:10 am

What is your favorite animal?
𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐎 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
─────────────────────────────────────────────────

┍ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ┑
Hello all, I'm Dragonheart48
but you can call me heart or
Dh if you want. I'm a pretty
big marvel fan, as you can
see and I love rping various
things. I'm always up for a
trade or pm, so feel free to
send any of those my way.
I'm also actively searching
for shapeshifting characters
━ ━ ━ ━ © ━ ━ ━ ━
roleplay character storage
adoptable character hub

links:
Raptor Island | link
Return | The Voids
Shatteredclan | Return
┕ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ┙

─────────────────────────────────────────────────
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐃𝐎𝐄𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐃𝐎 𝐈𝐓.
Dragonheart48

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schuyler » Wed May 18, 2016 5:05 pm

I used to draw a lot while I was in school and had art classes for motivation, but ever since I graduated, I've unfortunately gotten out of the habit.

My digital art skills are generally atrocious, as I only have a mouse to work with and don't have much experience with art programs. ^^" I've only used Oekaki a few times, and the only drawing I'm sort of happy with is this one.

I'm much more comfortable with traditional pencil-and-paper art, although like I said, I haven't had much practice in a while. The drawings I'm most proud of are probably these two: boop & boop. I'd say my skill level is somewhat decent? Not that impressive but not horrible either. I rarely do any kind of shading, though, 'cause I stink at it and I'm not really dedicated enough to improving my art skills to put in the effort to practice shading. xP Drawing is just a minor hobby I do from time to time when I get bored and feel inspired.

naive ; wrote:
    @ Anyone

I speak fluent English as my native language, and I can also manage half-decent German and (very) basic Russian.

I've been considering a career as a translator/interpreter, or at least something in the field of linguistics, and I love learning and working with foreign languages. Some others I'm hoping to learn eventually are Irish, Mandarin Chinese, French, Latin, Arabic ... Well, pretty much anything, really! I don't even care if some of them are languages I'll possibly never have a chance to actually use in conversation, haha. I just love how they sound. ^^

Let's see ... Well, I'll be participating in GISHWHES (google it.) Other than that, I don't really have anything planned, so we'll just have to see what happens!

dkla. wrote:

Lucario or Infernape. :)

tardisonameter wrote:
Schuyler wrote:
etcetera wrote:
to schuyler:

where's that 'bad wolf' quote in your signature from? i love it and want more! ;-;

It's from the Doctor Who episode "Parting of the Ways," possibly my favorite quote from the entire show. :)

I love you, Schuyler :3
I love that quote, too. I've been procrastinating on it, but I really want to write it (or at least a chunk of it) out in Gallifreyan.
Lol I can probably google it as someone else has certainly done that, but I want to do it myself. Because Imma nerd like that
#timelordstyle

Haha, that's awesome! You should definitely give it a try. Or maybe I will ... Though I think I'd have to learn some Gallifreyan first. x) Nice username, by the way!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Art credits: Avatar
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage