CS Rarity List [WIP] - status update on page 75

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: CS Rarity List [WIP] - Another Update Page 69

Postby Solloby » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:56 pm

^ From the data gathered from the original releases through manual pet counts, Sunjewel looked rarer than Moonswirl but more Moon puppies were adopted, possibly because there were more outcomes to collect. It's hard to compare these litters because the Moon litter has two rarer outcomes while the Sun litter only has one. Sunback looks fairly close to Nonjewel in terms of rarity but there isn't enough data to determine if they are equal or not.

I look forward to seeing the full data set once it's available.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pinkapillar » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:20 pm

marking
    I think this is a fab idea and I would love to see how it turns out. I think its more efficient to determine rarity by amount of pets on the site.
    I'm curious to see how this project plays out. Thanks nickjr + everyone else who is working on this!
Pinkapillar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby saffrons » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:39 am

Just a small inquiry

As the older store pets are rapidly increasing in rarity it seems as if recent store pets are decreasing in rarity. Whether it's an increase in users buying, or users buying multiples and doing lots of auctions and giveaways, they don't seem as 'rare' as they used to be considered. I realize with the updated rarity system we might see more store pets starting out rare instead of very rare.

As someone who likes to do store pet auctions because it used to be an effective way of obtaining higher value pets, with my last few auctions I've struggled to get any offers that were even adequate value, let alone overpay.
█▓▒░xxxxxxx
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░○
█▓▒░
█▓▒░xxx
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░He/him
█▓▒░Snake dad
█▓▒░Bi
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
♦Worms come out of the woodwork♦
♢Leeches crawl from out of the dirt♢
♦Rats come out of the holes they call home♦
♢I fall apart and the snakes start to sing♢
saffrons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:54 pm

^ It all depends on how popular they are/how many are bought. The CS population was smaller in 2016 but the two lion litters from 2016 are both still rare as they were such popular designs on such a popular lineart that many people bought multiple sets, as was the 2017 lion litter. Most of the 2018 store pets are VR but the sitting cat litter was such a popular design on a popular lineart that they've come out rare. I would predict the current cat litter will probably be rare for the same reason.

In general though if you look at the archives most recent store sets are still VR, it's just the extremely popular ones that end up rare.

As far as seeing a drop in people wanting to pay fair/overpay (according to 'official' value) for current store pets I think that's because recent store pets have been a victim of the rumor mill. People have tried very hard to drum into others heads that a recent store pet is only worth a 2010 rare no matter whether the store pet is VR or rare and despite the fact that once the store pet is no longer in the store they will never be available again while any normal adopt rare+ will be re-released every Dec 18th. This 'official' value came about not via natural community demand but because people wanted to fit store pet value into the established C$ prices. According to the C$ thread 20C$ is meant to be worth a late '20 rare/VR however for some reason when translating it to store pets people decided to drop the VR part. Personally I've never traded a store pet for such a small amount and think it's wrong to tell people it's fair to take a single rare of any age for a VR that they had to pay real money for, especially as most people who give that advice would never trade their store pets for so little.

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:55 pm

Pne of the sorbets turned omg so rare.
With the results so far, can we see its more rare than its littermates, or did a later re-release a big change...
I cant see the data on my phone, but i am curious if this one has been more rare before
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:54 am

With the data that we have so far (counted to January 2010, so for the sorbets we got their original adoption period and the first two rereleases), assuming the count is correct, the pink sorbet number is actually not the lowest of the sorbets.

The sorbet numbers seem pretty close to each other to a human eye. The rest of the sorbets shouldn't be too far behind now.

I'm more surprised one of the sorbs went OMGSR before the spotted tribal

Small update: We're still counting, just kinda slowly due to a lot of stuff :'D but we're still going
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:29 am

Pretty sure Tess said back in 2008 that the sorbets are all equally rare. If one has gone OMGSR then the whole litter is probably on the cusp and the rest will go next rarity update.

I'm not surprised the sorbets went before the galaxies as many people liked the galaxies and adopted a lot judging by the preliminary values. Also I don't think BEG is that much if any rarer than CEG but I don't have the old data to check.

As for the July/August vs August pets, I'm wasn't sure what to think of their relative rarity but with the omgsr moves of late it looks like we are starting to get some answers!
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:03 pm

Yeah, I think saw that old post about the sorbs the other day but didn't save the link lol but we can say that as confidently as we can say that the yearly staff pets are supposed to all be equally rare (that is: very confident), so any unequalness is purely due to RNG (like that one time we had one staff dog turn uncommon one update before the rest in the same litter). While it's interesting that the pink went OMGSR first since it's not the rarest in terms of raw numbers (like if we were using the pre-2012 rarity system), it's probably nothing that should raise our eyebrows. Unless the rest of the litter doesn't go OMGSR with the next update. But I doubt that's going to happen.

All dogs that were only available in July 2008 are OMGSR. The sorbets and galaxies are filed under July 2008, but sorbs were released in late July 2008 and available to the end of August 2008 while the galaxies were available from the beginning of July 2008 to the end of August 2008. So the sorbs and galaxies are more like the August 2008 pets availability-wise. Since it looks like the sorbs are about to all turn OMGSR, I imagine the rest of the August 2008 pets are next.

I'm guessing the Galaxies will be among the last to turn as they were popular AND available for both months.

As for the July 2008 rats, aside from the rat that was later released as an Advent 2008 rat, only the Ice Rat is still VR. Interesting since the Ice Rat and Lime Rat were available to be adopted separately. Also interesting since we have OMGSR August 2008 rats (in fact, three out of the four are OMGSR; just the black skull rat is VR). I want to take another look at the start and end dates of the July and August 2008 rats later to see if any rats were in the same positions as the sorbs/galaxies...

(Note: this was all said without looking at the pet count data we have so far; I only looked at the archives and went off of my memory of CS history)
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bostonlobstah » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:33 am

Hey I’d like to know if there is any way I can help? I do t know much coding like others have said but I am still super interested in what you are doing.
bostonlobstah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ‍‍⠀ » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:16 am

mark!

im curious, does the system count off-account pets as well?
‍‍⠀

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me