CS Rarity List [WIP] - status update on page 75

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Postby Snowlondon » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:48 am

nickjr wrote:
    Q: Will the Rarity List replace "The" Rares List?
      A: Ultimately, we can't do anything about it. "The" Rares List is a community project that started many years ago and has transferred owners enough that it's truly a community thread, so the community can decide how they want to handle it.

We should probably update this part of the Q&A!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxHi, I'm Snowlondon!
xxxxxxxxYou can call me Snow. I use
xxxxxxxxshe/her pronouns, and I love
xxxxxxxxwriting, drawing, and baking.
xxxBest Friend x Art Instagram x My Art Shop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Snowlondon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CS Rarity List [WIP] - Another Update Page 69

Postby Yeens » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:57 am

Mark
Yeens

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vlad Dracula III » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:12 am

This may have been answered somewhere but are u all having to count the pets manually going through people’s pet groups or does the system keep track somewhere how many of each pet is out there?
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... &id=177755
Fr lair
Birthday gifts received this year - 0
Birthday messages received this year - 0

I don’t really have the best health I get really tired really easily so my replies may be very slow please be patient with me if I accidentally send the same trade twice I apologize either there’s a glitch or I’ve forgotten that I already sent one
If you foe over a trade Seriously I’ll block back people make mistakes get over it or just lock ur trading and don’t be rude no ones perfect
Vlad Dracula III

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby daryll » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:14 am

Vlad Dracula III wrote:This may have been answered somewhere but are u all having to count the pets manually going through people’s pet groups or does the system keep track somewhere how many of each pet is out there?

The program goes through pet IDs I give it and returns what type of pet and how many of them it found within that specific range.
daryll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:19 am

Oh gee, a lot of stuff to address!

Great to see so much interest in this project ^^

A general update on the project: Hitting a few technical snags, so unfortunately we haven't made much additional progress beyond the last few posted updates from Erythro and daryll. Unfortunately we need to figure out the snags first before we get more people on board.

depressedanonymous, wrote:I’m kinda curious -

Will there be a limit to how many pets are on the new list? Like, will it cut off at a certain amount of a certain pet are in the game?

Ex; cutting off when the amount reaches 10k of a pet

This makes sense but we haven't made any solid decisions on this yet. We'll probably wait to make this decision until after we have our data

We're aiming to count every OMGSR and UR as well as VR pets that turned VR before 2013 or so and a few additional VRs that people were curious about.

Snowlondon wrote:
nickjr wrote:
    Q: Will the Rarity List replace "The" Rares List?
      A: Ultimately, we can't do anything about it. "The" Rares List is a community project that started many years ago and has transferred owners enough that it's truly a community thread, so the community can decide how they want to handle it.

We should probably update this part of the Q&A!

whoops lol good catch, thanks! Updated
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cellar x Elijah » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:29 am

nickjr wrote:
    Updated! Q: Will the Rarity List replace "The" Rares List?
      A: Both "The" Rares List and this project were/will be unofficial community guides to trading. There are other a lot of community guides that have popped up in the wake of the Rares List's discontinuation; all can be found in this board (CS Discussion). While we're excited for the Rarity List because it'll be based on numbers, it isn't an official replacement by any means; it will simply be another resource that people can use to help inform their trade decisions.

Just figured I'd point out this small grammatical error in the edit so that it reads properly, you'll see it in the bold text. It should be There are a lot of other community guides. Not a huge thing but figured it should probably be fixed anyway.

~ElijahWilkes
Cellar x Elijah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:35 am

Cellar x Elijah wrote:
nickjr wrote:
    Updated! Q: Will the Rarity List replace "The" Rares List?
      A: Both "The" Rares List and this project were/will be unofficial community guides to trading. There are other a lot of community guides that have popped up in the wake of the Rares List's discontinuation; all can be found in this board (CS Discussion). While we're excited for the Rarity List because it'll be based on numbers, it isn't an official replacement by any means; it will simply be another resource that people can use to help inform their trade decisions.

Just figured I'd point out this small grammatical error in the edit so that it reads properly, you'll see it in the bold text. It should be There are a lot of other community guides. Not a huge thing but figured it should probably be fixed anyway.

~ElijahWilkes

Oh gee LOL Thanks! Fixed
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myth; » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:29 pm

Heya, I hope this is the right place to say. I was just sifting through 20o8 pets, one ID at a time, and there is a shocking lack of moonswirls. I found two out of 600 pets I've checked so far, and a lot of sun jewels. Does the count so far reflect this find or have things evened out over the years? I find it immensely interesting and felt it should be shared here. c:
I've quit chicken smoothie.

I might log in every now and then but don't expect me to.

Need me? Find me on Discord: myth--and--destiny#1901

sticks and stones may break our bones...
... But words can be fatal.
Be mindful of the feelings of others and treat them how you want to be treated.
myth;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me