What do you think about hoards?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Opinions on hoarding

I support it!
40%
I dont support it!
7%
I'm neutral
16%
Only if it's with non-valuable pets
38%

Total votes : 369

Re: What do you think about hoards?

Postby Serious. » Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:38 pm

I've always had the opinion that hoarding is okay. Like, all hoarding. Once you start trying to say that one type of hoarding is worse than another, it opens up a whole set of questions.

What counts as a hoard? Is having 50 of an OMGSR pet bad? What about 10 of a very rare pet? Or 5 of a rare pet? Is it bad to hoard any store pets at all, even the most recent ones? What if I paid for those store pets myself? What if a pet used to be uncommon but turned into a rare; should I trade away my entire hoard now? What if I'm hoarding a pet for personal reasons? Will people assume things about me if I have "too many"? What is "too many"???

In my mind, a picture on a website is not an essential item. People play CS in different ways for different reasons, and for some people they find enjoyment in working towards big goals like hoarding VR+ pets. It's totally okay to have standards for yourself! But I don't agree with judging other players for the way they play.

Granted this is an opinion I've had since the early years of this site. From my understanding, trading is much harder these days.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey, I'm Serious! I'm an adult girl
who loves collecting plushies
and drawing!
───────────────────────────
☆ avatar credit ☆
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Serious.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ramattra » Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:19 am

i think all hoarding is okay! people should be able to play how they want. one person hoarding a rare+ pet isn't really going to change much as it's not like they're going to obtain ALL of that one pet, you know? and that the end of the day not everybody is going to be able to have a very rare or OMGsr pet that wants it. that's just how it is because of their rarity :) someone having 5 or 10 isn't really going to change that.

i myself only have a few hoards. most are uncommon or below but i think 3 are rare ? one of them, my 2012 lightning cat hoard, has a hoarding record tho i cant remember what the exact record was haha. i chose all of them because i genuinely liked the design and enjoy having multiple to look at and dress up. id like to hoard UR holly dogs one day for the same reasons. it would be a fun challenge also! whatever the reason, i think anyone should be able to hoard any pet. we're all just trying to have fun ^_^
𝔰𝔲𝔣𝔣𝔢𝔯 𝔞𝔰 𝔦 𝔥𝔞𝔳𝔢 !
hiiii i'm emmie ! #1 pharah pocketer
game art major | adult | she/her | black
my dA CS art gallery commissions

i hoard these cats and will overpay for them !
ramattra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hearticorn » Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:27 am

i'm not really a fan of large / unlimited hoards of rare / high-demand pets, but i don't actively care. the extent of how it affects my trading behavior is i probably wouldn't give someone a hard-to-get pet if they have 100 already. other than that, if it makes you happy, who am i to tell you what to do?

personally i collect a few specific themes of pet + i have a few more i'd like to start, and i guess if you consider that hoarding i do that, but i don't have any interest at this moment in time in having duplicates of one design, even if i really like it.
ImageImage

fluffy / hearticorn + adult + disabled + they/it + undying love for all things cute!

my moonlight

feel free to hit me with a trade anytime!

i'm a lot of places! if i'm on a site, my username is probably Hearticorn! (or hearticorns).

Image Image Image

ImageImage
Hearticorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jained » Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:35 am

Im a huge hoarder! Literally hundreds of groups lol. However my personal opinion is I dont hoard anything rare or up (mainly bc I think it would be too hard lol)
I actually disbanded a couple hoards bc they turned rare with the recent rarity update.
As far as people hoarding high value/omgsr pets, I think people should do whatever makes them happy. However I wish that when people hoarded pets like they they were willing to trade for them (not saying they should accept any trade offer for them or anything like that just have them maybe open for trade offers)
I will buy 10 of ANY pets for c$1
₊⁺✧₊ Spotify! ₊˚ʚ♡ɞ˚₊ Trade Post! ₊✧⁺₊
Jained

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Ramona Flowers- » Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:36 am

depends. if its uncommon or below, im fine. i have a hoard however rares i think arent good to hoard (my opinion)
lance, knives, or rudy
she/he/vamp/idol, lesbian
used to be crona gorgon
free palestine 🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸
site oekaki trading thred
-Ramona Flowers-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JadeJester22 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:12 am

I support hoards for anything that isn't nearly impossible to get. On something like Pokefarm, nothing is limited. But here, I'd consider it common decency to not collect vast amounts of really rare things- let some other people have them, too! Don't be greedy!
JadeJester22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SolarSonnet » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:32 am

Personally, I have a few, quite small Rare hoards, but outside of that I'm not a huge fan of Rare+ hoards.

I also have an extremely open mindset to trading away stuff from my rare+ hoards on occasion, they're just harder to let go of than normal pets for me. I think my "worst" hoard in terms of rarity and demand is my 2019 Fae Event Malk Foxes. Which I am open to trading away, if someone offered me the same amount I traded for them.
Solar/Wish ✄ He/Him ✄ DM for Commission Info and/or TH ✄ ©

Poll Three + New Google Form up now! Discuss and Vote on New Trading Guidelines
here!

︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾
SolarSonnet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Another World » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:37 am

Moondusted wrote:I really enjoy hoarding, and I think hoarding is great as long as you are willing to trade them away. I had a hoard of peppermint horses for awhile and it was really fun, but I was always willing to trade them for other things I wanted. I'm currently trying to collect every deer in CS, but I'm constantly trading them away as well (especially if I have doubles)

i relate to this perspective (though i don't often trade my hoard pets til i've hit my goal)
unlimited hoards i can find kind of frustrating because although its UNLIKELY, the possibility of someone acquiring every single one of one pet doesn't sit right with me

I'm back in London, I'm running down Columbia Road
They're selling sunflowers cheap
I'm reading novels, I'm dating, but just dating for sport
I'm getting coffees for free
I hang all my art and I dance with the coven
As the rain falls hard on the street and I
I'm doing better, I made it to September
I can finally breathe ~ There It Goes

Long live the walls we crashed through
All the kingdom lights shined just for me and you
I was screaming long live all the magic we made
And bring on all the pretenders
One day, we will be remembered ~ Long Live

he/they
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted __ people.
I have received __ gifts.
Another World

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sapphic psychic » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:41 am

As someone who currently has completed a few hoards (all of which are extremely uncommon and below), I personally do not mind it. I sometimes do a bit of an eyebrow raise when I see someone hoarding higher value pets, but value is so subjective (especially with the new rarity update) who am I to say that someone isn't allowed to hoard a specific rarity/species/lineart/etc?
she/he/they | (disney) adult | perpetually tired | wyll lover
━━━ ❧ ━━━━━━━━━━━━
sapphic psychic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oraanu » Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:30 am

The main point of CS is to build a personal collection of pets, therefore, I'm not going to judge someone for not collecting the "right" way or the way I want them to. All collections and trades are up to the discretion of the user, and just because someone has more than one of a certain pet - no matter rarity - they shouldn't in turn be guilted by the community into trading that pet more readily just because someone else doesn't have it. I support people playing the game however they want to as long as they are not cheating or scamming, and I do not believe in shaming others for playing a certain way when they are perfectly within the confines of the rules.

It's ironic to me how seemingly no one complains about custom ooak pets only being given to certain special people, but then we have this moral debate arguing over the average user collecting a pet in which there are hundreds if not thousands available!
Oraanu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me