Trade Rant Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Trade Rant Thread

Postby Missy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:00 pm

Lol X3
ImageImageImageImageImage

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 15 people.
I have received 9 gifts.
Missy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby T. Faulkner » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:13 pm

On the subject of rooting out cheaters: I've caught two of them myself due to the exact circumstances that Tess described ^^; First one I was so nervous about I wound up asking a friend who'd been on the site longer than I had to report it to Nick for me, second one I finally got up the courage to report myself. (Is it sad that I still have Nick's thank-you reply PM saved?) I'd actually seen quite a few of them before that, but didn't know many people on the site at that time, so I didn't know how to report it. Ah well; maybe I'll catch some more next time I go on a hunt for pets. :P

On the subject of rant-worthy trade stories:
So I sent this person a trade back in November, right? I was trying to trade for their Target dog in their trades. Well, I never got a response and figured they probably stopped coming onto the site. Last night or the night before, I start going through all my hanging trades from a month or more ago, and I got curious and started sniffing through several of them, to see if the people I'd messaged had even been on since I sent them the trades. Several hadn't, but the thing that got me was that most of them had, and had been on as recently as earlier that same day I was going through the trades! Well, I guess I kinda just got upset after that, and when I canceled, left messages saying that if they weren't interested in the trade, the least they could've done was cancel it instead of leaving me hanging for two months. Funnily enough, one of them actually replied (I was starting to think they didn't know how to use the trades or PMs or anything).

Random Person wrote:LOL Don't be such a sissy. It's just a game site.

...??? Really? I sent a trade two months ago, expecting some kind of reply, be it an edit or even just a cancellation, and I'm a sissy for being just a little bit upset by the fact that you completely ignored it for all that time? Yeah, this is a game site, but I wasn't aware that that meant that it was okay to ignore the general rules of human decency and just leave someone hanging because, as far as I can tell, you were too lazy to just hit 'cancel'.

...bad trade two: One of the other people I sent a trade to over a month ago (in December actually) I didn't cancel the trade with, because they had a grey dragon I was really hoping for. Instead I sent them a PM asking if they were still considering my offer, or if they'd like me to add more to my side. They never replied to the PM- but when I came on not too much earlier, the trade had been cancelled. :/ It would've been nice to at least get a reply.
Hey mods! I'm merging accounts with Diabolacuna, so I'll be sending all my pets over to her a bit at a time! Thanks for understanding!
T. Faulkner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JadeiteWren » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:38 pm

strayscream wrote:On the subject of rooting out cheaters: I've caught two of them myself due to the exact circumstances that Tess described ^^; First one I was so nervous about I wound up asking a friend who'd been on the site longer than I had to report it to Nick for me, second one I finally got up the courage to report myself. (Is it sad that I still have Nick's thank-you reply PM saved?) I'd actually seen quite a few of them before that, but didn't know many people on the site at that time, so I didn't know how to report it. Ah well; maybe I'll catch some more next time I go on a hunt for pets. :P

So I sent this person a trade back in November, right? I was trying to trade for their Target dog in their trades. Well, I never got a response and figured they probably stopped coming onto the site. Last night or the night before, I start going through all my hanging trades from a month or more ago, and I got curious and started sniffing through several of them, to see if the people I'd messaged had even been on since I sent them the trades. Several hadn't, but the thing that got me was that most of them had, and had been on as recently as earlier that same day I was going through the trades! Well, I guess I kinda just got upset after that, and when I canceled, left messages saying that if they weren't interested in the trade, the least they could've done was cancel it instead of leaving me hanging for two months. Funnily enough, one of them actually replied (I was starting to think they didn't know how to use the trades or PMs or anything).

...??? Really? I sent a trade two months ago, expecting some kind of reply, be it an edit or even just a cancellation, and I'm a sissy for being just a little bit upset by the fact that you completely ignored it for all that time? Yeah, this is a game site, but I wasn't aware that that meant that it was okay to ignore the general rules of human decency and just leave someone hanging because, as far as I can tell, you were too lazy to just hit 'cancel'.

...bad trade two: One of the other people I sent a trade to over a month ago (in December actually) I didn't cancel the trade with, because they had a grey dragon I was really hoping for. Instead I sent them a PM asking if they were still considering my offer, or if they'd like me to add more to my side. They never replied to the PM- but when I came on not too much earlier, the trade had been cancelled. :/ It would've been nice to at least get a reply.

Those are the worst kinds of people D:
I don't leave anyone hanging for more than a week. And that's only because I'm thinking about it or just don't know what to do XP
|| I used to be xX-Callisto-Xx, Jaded Avaritia, and Jaedeite. ||
JadeiteWren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Devilish » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:22 pm

Wolfpupsrule wrote:
Lol.

-le gasp- Fiery Gatoh hash spoken!! >.< (I love ur sona, Gatoh lol)

I need a bad trade to rant about xD

Pshh. I have plenty for you.

"I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons.
And maybe we'll never know most of them. But
even if we don't have the power to choose where
we come from, we can still choose where we go
from there.”
-The Perks of Being A Wallflower

I made this art for my husband, pls be nice as I do not typically create
for normal humans.
Devilish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Devilish » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:44 pm

Celestial-Jadewolf wrote:Zomg we should so have a time zone party or something else stupid since my brain is to tired to function XD

I got this message from someone once. I wanted to scream cause it seems like they want people to go "OMG they are from some where foreign! Must except this trade!" Plus they broke my rules :<

Hi what do you want for this pet?
You can pick pets from all my groups ;)

greetz from germnay ^^

They wanted my red glowing advent but offered nothing XP

Huhh! I know I got a trade from someone that exact same thing. But, I don't remember what she wanted. Then, when I didn't do anything with the trade she canceled. And I'm pretty sure she sent me a PM for taking to long. I think that was her. Seriously. It wasn't even 2 days.

"I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons.
And maybe we'll never know most of them. But
even if we don't have the power to choose where
we come from, we can still choose where we go
from there.”
-The Perks of Being A Wallflower

I made this art for my husband, pls be nice as I do not typically create
for normal humans.
Devilish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:27 am

I really hate it when people offer in auctions and then trade the pets they offered with someone else..damn.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pseudoscience » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:17 am

DaDwarf wrote:I really hate it when people offer in auctions and then trade the pets they offered with someone else..damn.

I SO second that. >> I once got this girl, who actually won my auction but traded several pets away from the group that had her offer in it -without telling me about it. I think she actually hoped that I wouldn't remember what there was / or that I wouldn't notice. ><

It's okay to switch pet from an offer to something of similar value, with a polite explanation, but otherwise... just no.

We only know light, because we know darkness.
So there will never be white.
Without some black.
Pseudoscience

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ginny Weasly » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:49 am

AngelicPain wrote:
DaDwarf wrote:I really hate it when people offer in auctions and then trade the pets they offered with someone else..damn.

I SO second that. >> I once got this girl, who actually won my auction but traded several pets away from the group that had her offer in it -without telling me about it. I think she actually hoped that I wouldn't remember what there was / or that I wouldn't notice. ><

It's okay to switch pet from an offer to something of similar value, with a polite explanation, but otherwise... just no.

Dude, was that me or the other girl?
Ginny Weasly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:52 am

AngelicPain wrote:

I just hate it, Bléh. Cause she offered a few pets i liked, the rest was not so great or i already had it. and then she trade the ones i wanted away..
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CrimsonCatFish » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:26 am

Celestial-Jadewolf wrote:
strayscream wrote:On the subject of rooting out cheaters: I've caught two of them myself due to the exact circumstances that Tess described ^^; First one I was so nervous about I wound up asking a friend who'd been on the site longer than I had to report it to Nick for me, second one I finally got up the courage to report myself. (Is it sad that I still have Nick's thank-you reply PM saved?) I'd actually seen quite a few of them before that, but didn't know many people on the site at that time, so I didn't know how to report it. Ah well; maybe I'll catch some more next time I go on a hunt for pets. :P

Those are the worst kinds of people D:
I don't leave anyone hanging for more than a week. And that's only because I'm thinking about it or just don't know what to do XP

I have a tendency to do that. I really don't know what to do sometimes and then I feel really bad when I cancel something. Just sometimes I just have a plain tendency to forget. I have the brain capacity of a Nat. Xp
CrimsonCatFish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me