What are your CS hot takes?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: What are your CS hot takes?

Postby Space Cadet Marz » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:45 pm

For me, I don’t have an issue with NFT group, but if you really know it is MFT or NEEEFtT, ect, just lock the group.
I have a 100+ page wishlist and I always use the “pets on your wishlist” tab, and then when it is page after page of NFT, NEFT, NEEEEEFT labeled pets, etc, I just get frustrated and leave. I want trading experiences to be simple and with as little stress as possible, and having to scour pages and pages of PFT pets trying to pick out 1 or 2 that aren’t, it’s just too much.

Image Image

Space Cadet Marz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tindraake » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:18 pm

I find open NFT groups incredibly annoying, especially if there's multiple of them. If I'm trying to send a trade I'm not there to look at their other pets, just the ones that are available for trade. If I wanted to look at their other pets I'd go to their collection page. ^^'

And then one that's probably more of a hot take; The List and all it's variants only serve to overinflate pet values with the excuse of 'demand'. The more trading-heavy parts of the CS community have in general started feeling a lot greedier in recent years than even 5 years ago. Also, a lot of people seem to almost value C$ more than pets these days? Maybe that's just me?

"i Amn just........... a litle creacher. Thatse It . I Canot change this"

Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Dividers by me. Do not use without permission!
Tindraake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Harpija221 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:49 pm

I don't know if it's a hot take but I've seen people disagree etc etc. I think the "repetitiveness" of this website is great. I love there being adoptions only once a month and few same events every year <3 It's comforting and I don't have to worry about missing something important. Even when I'm busy I can still catch up with everything easily. I'd be happy to continue like this forever heheh

Also rats are the best cs species >:)
Harpija221

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bridgy1234 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:14 am

It seems like the trade atmosphere is decaying.
Pretty much for the last six months or so I’ve only been getting on to adopt new monthly or event pets when I remember, here recently I’ve been getting on more often and attempting to trade for all the outcomes I’ve missed and trading seems to be significantly harder???
Like I don’t get many trade offers, people posting on their trade threads have like nothing I’m looking for, the few trades I do receive are grotesquely unfair towards me like offering five recent monthlies I’m missing for store pets or older rares/uncommons, or people just generally being rude. It’s not even the issue of I have pets marked nft in an unlocked group, if it’s not for trade it’s in a locked group. Like when I was active before I know people were being like this but I was still able to get a good trade at least once a day.
Bridgy1234

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KrillTakoyaki » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:28 am

My hot take is that I'd love to see more bug-looking pets! Jumping spiders, butterflies/moths, snails, the lot! I understand that there are other users who have [completely understandable] phobias though, I wonder if it would ever be possible to implement an arachnophobia-friendly toggle that makes spider pets look different, or have a text [SPIDER] instead? I know this is feasible for games, but I imagine it would be difficult to do for a website like CS...
xImage
┌───────┐

🪻Charlie 🪻

🪻They 🪻

🪻Adult 🪻

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

└───────┘

𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘻𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯 𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦.
𝘚𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘱𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘧𝘵 𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘧𝘳𝘶𝘪𝘵.
𝘓𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥: 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩.
𝘈𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦.
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘯𝘰𝘸.

ImageImageImageImageImage

┌───────┐

└───────┘
xImage
KrillTakoyaki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Space Cadet Marz » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:26 am

Bridgy1234 wrote:It seems like the trade atmosphere is decaying.
Pretty much for the last six months or so I’ve only been getting on to adopt new monthly or event pets when I remember, here recently I’ve been getting on more often and attempting to trade for all the outcomes I’ve missed and trading seems to be significantly harder???
Like I don’t get many trade offers, people posting on their trade threads have like nothing I’m looking for, the few trades I do receive are grotesquely unfair towards me like offering five recent monthlies I’m missing for store pets or older rares/uncommons, or people just generally being rude. It’s not even the issue of I have pets marked nft in an unlocked group, if it’s not for trade it’s in a locked group. Like when I was active before I know people were being like this but I was still able to get a good trade at least once a day.

No, you are absolutely right. The trade environment has absolutely shifted, and not positively. I’ve been here for years and years and it used to be fairly easy to trade up and down the lists and things like that, but now everyone wants ridiculous over pay for everything, including monthly outcomes, or they want exorbitant amounts of C$, but then will only offer the tiniest amounts of C$ when trading it, like 10 WL pets for 5 C$ and all their WL pets are rare+.

It feels impossible to get your dream pet if it’s on the retired list in any way because people want excessive overpay for everything, like a tier 1 UR pet for something near the bottom of the list.

I don’t know how to combat this kind of stuff, but it is frustrating and disheartening.

Image Image

Space Cadet Marz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elm » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:55 am

hot take: cs should release more pets with line edits in monthly adopts instead of them mostly dropping in events. I dont think itd take away from events at all seeing that the line edits during events would be rarer.

Also i agree with the comment about more bugs!
Selling 1,350+ Rares for C$!
Elm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby satanfemme » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:49 am

I hope this isn't too hot of a take, but I feel like people take this site a little too seriously. Every discussion thread is full of people complaining about how they're genuinely distressed by things like how hard rare pets are to trade for, or how they weren't able to get a monthly pet within the same month of its release, and personally I just don't get it. I've seen multiple people express that they hate the site right now. But if the site is affecting you negatively, you should probably take a break for a bit! It's not that deep.

I've only been here for a few months so granted I don't have any point of reference for "how things used to be", but I find this site very relaxing in its current state. I don't have every rare pet (either from this year or from previous years), I don't always get what I want from the adoption center, and I frequently have trades cancelled on me, but like... I'm still happy with all the pets I do have, and I know that I will have plenty of opportunities in the future to get the pets I still want. I just don't understand where all this widespread FOMO is coming from. This might be the most low-stakes game I've ever played, and that's why I like it so much.
❥ he or she Image

❥ ΘΔ doggie
❥ newish user (joined january)
❥ always looking for trade offers!
Image Image
satanfemme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby itstheweather » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:00 am

My hot take (as someone who has been on CS since 2011) is that a) trade rules have become way too complicated / long winded, and that b) no-one is willing to work with each other on trades anymore.

I can't even tell you how many times a perfectly good trade is cancelled instead of being edited, only for me to resend the trade with a different pet, and it's accepted. Like, if you KNOW that you would be happy with a trade if you changed x, y, and z - then change it and send the trade back! Asking people to only send trades, not suggestions, and then declining them with a poor excuse for a negotiation defeats the entire point of sending trades IMHO.

I also echo what the poster above says. I feel like CS is an easy-playing game, and most of the people who have been here a while are generous in their trading and like to help out the community.
"Better sexy and racy than sexist and racist" - Stephen Fry 🌞✨

Usually writing things on @medium 📝
itstheweather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rrush » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:44 am

this is a complete tangent from the trade stuff, but i think it would be super cool if it were possible to re-order pets within a locked group

this site is popular with people who like to organize & sort pets, and i often see collections with a massive list of groups to sort pets into event, species, favourites.. many different styles! i would love to order my pets within a group in a custom manner. i could place two thematically similar pets beside each other, or change the way i use grouping versus ordering.

i could see an argument for there being confusion with regard to true dates vs rereleases, and to that: don’t allow trade groups to be re-ordered. if a group is locked anyways, any re-ordering purely for my enjoyment!

an aside: if we look at the official date swap threads, date swaps seem to be considered equivalent, but there’s still a community-accepted difference in value for TD vs RR. where does this discrepancy come from? if people were permitted to re-order locked groups to put littermates together, would it reduce the perceived gap in value between TD & RR’s? and.. the logical next question: is this gap in value between TD & RR’s worth preserving?
rrush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me