What do you think about hoards?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Opinions on hoarding

I support it!
40%
I dont support it!
7%
I'm neutral
16%
Only if it's with non-valuable pets
38%

Total votes : 369

Re: What do you think about hoards?

Postby Pyca » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:30 am

I love hoards! I think they're fun. However, the only time I am not a fan of hoards is old store pets. They're so limited and I think it's a little greedy to hold onto so many
Black Lives Matter
AlishaIV is my roommate!
We trade sometimes and
share a computer/IP address!

Check out all
my dressed up
pound catches!

My trade thread!

January 19th is my birthday : )
I collect pets with that date!

Pyca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sky, » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:34 am

I think hoarding is great! I think people can do as they choose as long as it isn't affecting anyone else. (I.E. ninja trades, etc.)
sky,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby answrs » Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:53 am

Pyca wrote:I love hoards! I think they're fun. However, the only time I am not a fan of hoards is old store pets. They're so limited and I think it's a little greedy to hold onto so many

I'm legitimately curious, please don't take this the wrong way. Do you hold the same negative view against people buying current store pets for a hoard? If not, do you expect them to immediately dissolve the hoard as soon as the pets are not available for purchase a month later? What about people that gave a hundred bucks to the site a year ago, two years, five, for the same reason? When do they change from supporting the site to being "greedy" to you? They bought the pets (or traded fairly for them) when they were widely available, when everyone else could do exactly the same thing. Why are they specifically singled out and, say, not people that keep six sets of each in a vault group until they're worth more?* Or even people that buy extra sets to "invest" in to put in their trade groups and only trade them for extravagant amounts?

*(side note, I don't have anything against these kinds of players, everyone's allowed to play the game how they want as long as they aren't literally hacking/cheating. I might not understand it but eh, they do them.)
After 11 years of seeking, I finally obtained my all-time dream on October 1, 2020 ;w;

answrs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby On a hiatus for now » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:48 am

I think hoards are cool since they add a fun challenge to the game. Watching the number start out small and grow is really exciting! As long as people trade fairly for their pets, I do not mind what they hoard.
On a hiatus for now

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alola Stitch! » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:50 am

I love hoarding I support it!! I'm a hamster hoarder I'm working on dwarf hamsters right now soon gonna do Syrian hamsters next
Alola Stitch!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yaeli » Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:00 am

answrs wrote:
Pyca wrote:I love hoards! I think they're fun. However, the only time I am not a fan of hoards is old store pets. They're so limited and I think it's a little greedy to hold onto so many

I'm legitimately curious, please don't take this the wrong way. Do you hold the same negative view against people buying current store pets for a hoard? If not, do you expect them to immediately dissolve the hoard as soon as the pets are not available for purchase a month later? What about people that gave a hundred bucks to the site a year ago, two years, five, for the same reason? When do they change from supporting the site to being "greedy" to you? They bought the pets (or traded fairly for them) when they were widely available, when everyone else could do exactly the same thing. Why are they specifically singled out and, say, not people that keep six sets of each in a vault group until they're worth more?* Or even people that buy extra sets to "invest" in to put in their trade groups and only trade them for extravagant amounts?

*(side note, I don't have anything against these kinds of players, everyone's allowed to play the game how they want as long as they aren't literally hacking/cheating. I might not understand it but eh, they do them.)

This is the way I see it. Imagine that I bought 100 different gemstone rings for a million bucks. Now imagine that I didn’t do that but bought 100 of the same diamond ring for a million bucks. So far equally fair and equally greedy, right? I paid the same amount of money for the same amount of stuff.

Now though, imagine that there were only 101 of each gemstone type ring in the whole world. I have just bought 100 diamond rings, leaving only ONE left! This is going to drive the demand and price way up, and anyone looking for this type of diamond ring is gonna have a lot of trouble getting it.

This is an argument how hoards COULD be seen as greedy if the pets are valuable. I went from hating hoards to being indifferent to them, and personally I support anyone’s right to play as they wish. You’re not obligated to make things easier for other players. I’m just explaining how trading fairly for a hoard still is a bit different from trading fairly for a variety of pets.
Yaeli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby odin » Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:46 am

I don't really hoard certain pets, like in sets (like litters), but I have my random group of cuties that I keep. They are all copies of pets I have in my collection groups. Some were gifts, some were from the pound, a lot I adopted myself. And some I got more than one copy of because I send out a lot of trades for missed outcomes, and sometimes more than one is accepted before I can cancel the extra ones. So, I just keep the extras if it's an outcome I really like.
I don't, like, set out to hoard specific pets, but sometimes I just really like the pet and end up with a more than one copy of it, so I keep them. :lol:

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

odin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Omiyage » Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:19 pm

I do not hoard because it does not interest me.
I just like to collect one of each outcome and I sort by lines, usually.

I like looking at other people's hoards sometimes though. It is a concentrated effort they made to keep trading/buying the same pets over and over and that dedication builds up over time, the massive collections are respectable as long as the pets were fairly earned.
Random music I change every few days: ✨🎶
Icon CreditGreyscale CollectionSouvenirs
Thank you to those who have so kindly gifted/traded me. ^^
Imageお土産Image
Omiyage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bubblegumjello » Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:04 am

uc and below, by all means go ahead

its when it gets to the rare+ territory i do not support since obviously theres not many in circulation anymore.

i can actually give an example of myself: back in 2017/18 i was starting to hoard the turtle rats from the 2012 beach event. i had like 10?12? and they turned rare. even though rats are low demand, i stopped hoarding them. i still have 2 blue ones left to trade out. i also want to note that as i dissolved my hoard i got better payout then when i initially traded them. which is a problem for other players trying to get old pets.

at the end of the day that was my choice, and other people w former uncommons get to make the same one. im more of a gotta catch em all so i do it more out of a courtesy for other collectors i suppose. i still do love their designs a lot though
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxme:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx☆ she/her ☆adult Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxanime & games Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcurrent:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx☆ game: fortnite Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ☆ one piece! corazon Image
cs:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
☆ goal: complete collection Image
tradesoffsite trades Image
☆ favorite species: bunny Image
☆ cs discord Image
☆ pixels credit here Image
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
bubblegumjello

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moondusted » Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:52 pm

I really enjoy hoarding, and I think hoarding is great as long as you are willing to trade them away. I had a hoard of peppermint horses for awhile and it was really fun, but I was always willing to trade them for other things I wanted. I'm currently trying to collect every deer in CS, but I'm constantly trading them away as well (especially if I have doubles)
l
u
n
a
r
"Night falls
With gravity
The earth turns
From sanity"

moondusted - they/he
trades | TH | x
Moondusted