Rares List Discussion *DISCONTINUED*

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Rares List Discussion *DISCONTINUED*

Postby zero.two » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:52 am

.sins. wrote:
Min-Yoongi wrote:
This may sound like a problem with a simple solution to some people, but for those of us who've been using this guide and ONLY this guide for trading since we started, it's going to be a bit more difficult to grasp.

The pet's worth will probably be decided by the people trading, and whether or not they decide to go based off of the tags, or the recently discontinued "list"

I'm not harping on people who use it. But as someone who could never get a list pet due to the list and everyone being super picky about trades. I started getting store pests and even that doesnt help get even advent pets, I find it a little helpful to try and get people into the high tier training. It was such a club that y'all seemed to sit people who wanted in out. I for one am happy but know that people will still go to the list and still continue to ask more than any new, or middle player feeling defeated at even trying.

I hope the list stops being a thing but those who took it to heart are killing us who can't even get a foot in the door and really really want to but we don't have enough pets to satisfy most who have older more valuable pets.

I'd just like to point out that it doesn't really matter whether you're "rare" or not, because that isn't really a thing here.. from what I've seen? We all started out in the same place.

It's pretty impossible to just completely drop something we've been trading off of for many years. It's not going to happen in a day, we'll just have to wait it out and see what's next (like the new guides being created and worked on). The people who voted to discontinue the list obviously got what they wanted, but that doesn't mean every single person on this website is going to trade that way, just because it's not being used/updated anymore.
┌───────────┐

Imagex

└───────────┘
┌──────────────────┐

Kam - Adult - Female - Lesbian - Ashe <3
Hey, i'm Kam. I love anime and reptiles,
and spend most of my time on the forums.
Feel free to shoot me a PM, I love to talk!

└──────────────────┘
┌──────────────────┐

links
Trade thread xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Kalons xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx©

└──────────────────┘
zero.two

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Law » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:53 am

♔ˢᴵᴿ. ᴷᴵᴺᴳ ᴾᴱᴺᵀᴵᴼᵁˢ♔ wrote:[
Thanks! Working together to make a whole new list would probably take a while and people still may not agree so this may be very difficult to achieve...

And I don't remember how animal jam worked I just recall you would just kinda catch on to rarities as you went. Like there was no list guide but if you asked around people had similar ideas on worth. It worked but man It probably took YEARS to develop!

I think what will end up happening is people will revert back to how it's been for now and then continue to develop rarities further as we go! If you think about it, It's already begun! with the pps dragon cat, august pps lion, BA ect we all developed this through the years. Altering the list as we go on is just the way of life on cs. Like if ya think about it, the list has been retired for a while and we just kept on changing.

I can totally see things reverting, but hopefully we've learned that demand should not be included in a rarity guide. Let's try to make new mistakes this time around!

Very true, the list was always used as a reference/disregarded for high demand pets. Now at least discussions can happen on a clean foundation instead of being tethered by the old list.
Law

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kelly324 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:54 am

➳ palla wrote:
kelly324 wrote:How are people going to value their OMGSR’s?
I understand it’s personal preference, but just in general, are you going to value them as their old list value, or are you going to value them as 6 VR’s?

I'm going to value mine based on the rarity list that's currently in the works (: from today forward, I will not use the old list ever again 👌🏻 I don't plan on trading away any of my rarer pets until the vr / omgsr counting project is complete and I know their true worth, though.

Okay this makes a lot of sense ☺️
Does anyone else have an opinion?
▌ ▌
▌ ▌
▌ ▌
▌ ▌
▌ ▌
▌ ▌
▌ ▌
▌ ▌
▌ ▌
▌ ▌
▌ ▌
▌ ▌
▌ ▌
▌ ▌
▌ ▌
▌ ▌
▌ ▌
▌ ▌
▌ ▌
▌ ▌
▌ ▌
「 ━━━ 잘 하고 있어 ━━━ 」
┌────────────────────┐

I'm Kelly and I love kpop! I love
receiving trades, and I love giving & receiving
gifts! My birthday is the 14th August!
Stray Kids are my ult group, and SHINee
are my semi-ults! 22-05-17
Latest comebacks: Faves:

└────────────────────┘

「 ━━━━━ 수고했어요 ━━━━━ 」
xxx스트레이 키즈 !! 샤이니 !! 사랑해요 !!
kelly324

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 䏠xote » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:56 am

not a question, but

after watching all of this go down, i just wanted to comment my sincere thoughts. people traded successfully on cs for years without the list, and even for a good year before the list started being super-imposed on any cs member who just wanted to get pets that filled their aesthetic. to be quite frank, i didn't even know about the list until like, 2016. i've been on cs for a long time over several accounts, and i still remember the shock i felt when the list started being implemented as something people had to obey. i even got a board warning for telling someone that aside from up front rarity and dates, only they could decide what they were willing to trade for a specific pet, because that didn't fit with what the "list" deemed appropriate.

trading should always be a mix of common sense and personal value. if someone wants to overpay for the raven dog because they like it, then good for them. but people shouldn't have to overpay for something they don't really value because one or two groups of people have deemed that "demand" or a list says they have to. i've seen this thing used as a way to scam people, to manipulate people, and to justify asking for unreasonable trades for unappealing pets. i'm glad it's being discontinued as, to be blunt, i haven't traded in years because of the absurd obsession with arguing over true dates and list worth and all sorts of other related topics. yeah, some pets might not get the overpay they used to and "lose value" because people (hopefully) won't feel pressured by this thread to give up more than they're actually willing. but i don't understand why anyone would view that as a bad thing.

i still have no interest in trading anymore, but i thought i would share my opinion as someone who has been watching from the sidelines. i hope that not having the list in the same way we have will benefit new users going forward.
䏠xote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Taro_Queen » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:57 am

I'm still going to be trading my list pets on demand, and basing off of new guides that are being created.
ImageImage
Trades | Adult | She/Her |
Taro_Queen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Larkspur1678 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:57 am

With the list officially gone I thought i'd share my little cheat sheet for trading valuable pets. It's made from nearly 10 years of trading experience and how i've seen trading and pet values change over time. It's in no way official or definitive. It also doesn't cover 'trading down' or how many newer rares an old rare is worth because lets be honest, no one was ever going to trade off list, or even '09 rares for newer rares, when it was around, so it's really hard to tell because I have no previous experience. If one thing needs to be looked into with the list gone, its how to value newer rares compared to older rares, this has been a problem for many years and alienates new players who can't get those coveted 'old rares'.

UR pets - Newer = rarer(generally)
Store pets - Older = rarer, NOT re-released

Species by demand, more > means bigger gap
Dogs >> lions > cats >> dragon > fox = bunny >> horse/pony/zebra/etc. = butterfly wolf > fruit/plants > everything not listed > rats > nick pets = spiders

Warrior cats, both aug '08 2nd gen dogs, nov '08 2nd gen dogs, jan '09 2nd gen dogs, aug '08 b-wolves, sep '08 b-wolves had extended releases(available for longer than 1 month)

Omgsr pets are roughly the same rarity, the UR tiger, moonswirl, sunjewel, store pets, and most recent URs are a bit rarer than the others. The UR tiger's worth is largely inflated by demand, omgsr store pets will only get rarer as they are not re-released.

Pets that have had notably high demand for 5+ years - Sunback, joker dog, BA, liontails, eat me + drink me. cerberuses, raven dog, UR tiger

Have a valuable pet and want to get an idea of what its currently going for? Try searching the auction board. Don't base it on the highest bid, but what bids seem to be most common. If 5 out of 10 offers are roughly the same worth, thats probably what normal traders(not in an auction setting) are valuing it at.

Date+rarity = general worth, ex. '08 july vr = '08 july vr. This is for normal adoptions. Event pets are worth slightly more. Special releases(UR pets) are worth '08 july and '08 august pets of the same rarity. Demand is based largely on species, the general worth goes down quite a bit for undesirable species(horses, rats, fruit, etc.).

'08 july
-slight gap-
'08 august
___
'08 september
'08 october
___
'08 november
'08 december
___
'09 january
'09 february
'09 march
___
'09 april
'09 may
'09 june
___
and so on in 3 month increments

Adult • She/they
Toyhouse

Icon by MRLFRK on FA
Animation by DarkMoonRay on Twitter
Larkspur1678

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~ V ~ » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:57 am

This is ‘The Rares List’ Disscusion Thread
’The Rares List’ is now discontinued. This is where you may ask questions.

CS Rarity List
The Rarity Trade Guide

Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.

This option is for those who believe that the list has too many flaws for a working end to come from it. If you want to move away from the list, this is the option for you. This option does not mean the list will be deleted; it will always be available to look at it. Users who want to use this as a trading guide will be able to do so. Even if you vote this option, a list that includes rarity/demand will likely be created. Other list projects are available (listed above), and people can create new lists if they please, but this individual thread will remain inactive. No other pet move updates will be done on this thread, it will be left 100% exactly the same as is now (aside from lay-out changes to indicate that this list is no longer updated).

Why did people want to retire the list?
‘The Rares List’ has caused much controversy with trading. Everyone was forced to use it, no matter what their opinion was or guide they followed. ‘The Rares List’ was never an official guide, yet many users did not know this. The list has reached a point were it is too inaccurate and too confusing. New users had barely any chance of making it onto the list as well. It would’ve taken years to fix the list, so the best option was just to retire it and let new users make new guides for the community to follow.

Can I still follow the list?
Absolutely! You are allowed to follow any guide you wish. You just have to find the right trading partner that values their pet the same as you do.

How will I value my pets if I chose not to follow the list?
Currently, it is now user based how you value your pets. It may take a while for the new lists/guides to be finished, but they will all strictly be made according to rarity, not demand(unless states otherwise). Your pets do not suddenly ‘lose value’ or ‘be worth nothing’. You worked hard for your pets! It is now your turn to decide how to trade them! c:

Can I make my own list?
Yes! You can create a list however you wish. Just be aware not everyone may follow it!

Yeesh, that took a while! I am pretty proud of myself for this. Any suggestions of what to add/edit? c: I would LOVE to hear every opinion!!!

(If anything is incorrect, please please please tell me!!!)

Auction Thread
Trade Thread
Currently Seeking(Pets): Malk Valentine's PPS
Currently Seeking(Items): WL Animal Eggs
Animal Egg Collection
~ V ~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .sins. » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:58 am

iceypopCS wrote:
not a question, but

after watching all of this go down, i just wanted to comment my sincere thoughts. people traded successfully on cs for years without the list, and even for a good year before the list started being super-imposed on any cs member who just wanted to get pets that filled their aesthetic. to be quite frank, i didn't even know about the list until like, 2016. i've been on cs for a long time over several accounts, and i still remember the shock i felt when the list started being implemented as something people had to obey. i even got a board warning for telling someone that aside from up front rarity and dates, only they could decide what they were willing to trade for a specific pet, because that didn't fit with what the "list" deemed appropriate.

trading should always be a mix of common sense and personal value. if someone wants to overpay for the raven dog because they like it, then good for them. but people shouldn't have to overpay for something they don't really value because one or two groups of people have deemed that "demand" or a list says they have to. i've seen this thing used as a way to scam people, to manipulate people, and to justify asking for unreasonable trades for unappealing pets. i'm glad it's being discontinued as, to be blunt, i haven't traded in years because of the absurd obsession with arguing over true dates and list worth and all sorts of other related topics. yeah, some pets might not get the overpay they used to and "lose value" because people (hopefully) won't feel pressured by this thread to give up more than they're actually willing. but i don't understand why anyone would view that as a bad thing.

i still have no interest in trading anymore, but i thought i would share my opinion as someone who has been watching from the sidelines. i hope that not having the list in the same way we have will benefit new users going forward.

Yay I'm not the only one who got that warning
.sins.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Edgeyworthy » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:59 am

cyberlife. wrote:
Edgeyworthy wrote:
cyberlife. wrote:
are all omgsrs worth basically the same now, its just how you value it based on looks?

Personally, I'm choosing to go based off when they turned and availability. So stable omgsrs, fluctuating omgsrs and new omgsrs. My only real outlier is store pets since those will gradually rise in rarity as they get older. Basically I don't think they're all automatically worth the same, just more fluid valuing~

that makes sense to me!

so my ur lion would be worth any of the new omgs/previous fluctuating omgs?

It's your choice to go with that system, but yep, that's the idea behind it! :D
"I probably shouldn't say that out loud, though. Thank god for inner monologue" I do writing requests~
Pet's name: Bebe
Edgeyworthy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thovatos » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:59 am

Thank you! It will be add to the front!! Thank you so much for your aid!

@Bang
Though I think we need to start talking about if people should be able to make guides without clarifying that their guides are personal preferences. (This doesn't includes guides like the Rarity guide ofc, considering it's based off numbers entirely)
Last edited by Thovatos on Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thovatos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me