Ask the Staff!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Ask the Staff!

Postby Shinryu » Mon May 01, 2017 10:37 am

Coffeeeeeeee wrote:what is BBS?

"BBS" is short for "Benjamin Button Syndrome", and was introduced for April Fool's Day 2015.
    It's a reference to the story "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button", in which the titular character is born with the appearance of an old man, and grows younger over time.
    Similarly, the pets in the original BBS litter all looked very old when they were adopted, but some of them changed into younger looking dogs later on - some even turned into puppies!
    You can see that litter here in the archives.
    Think of it as something of a joke counterpart to PPS! c:

Hm, since I'm already here :')

Kittycentral~ wrote:To anyone:
How do you value yourself? ^^

I have an abysmal sense of self-worth. It's something I'm trying to work on, of course, but undoubtedly one of the most difficult things for several reasons.
    I have a bad habit of setting the bar very high when it comes to my expectations for myself, and then feeling utterly useless when I fail to meet my impossibly high standards.
    I undervalue the things I do accomplish, because growing up, the idea that nobody likes bragging and arrogance turned into the really unhealthy thought that I shouldn't pride myself on my achievements and strengths. I was so scared that being proud of myself would make people dislike me that I constantly downplayed my accomplishments and denied compliments.
    And I have huge problems accepting the fact that battling my depression means taking small steps. Knowing my potential and not being able to live up to it is very frustrating.

If I could pass on a message to everyone reading this, I want it to be this: You have a right to be proud of yourself. It is okay to want recognition for your accomplishments. If people can't let you have a bit of happiness over the things you worked for, it's not you who is the problem.

Dolce Owl wrote:To: Everyone <3

Do you have any advice/words for all those who aspire to be mods/helpers in the future? :D

Don't try too hard to be someone you're not, and don't allow yourself to be discouraged by the possible competition. I could shorten this to "be confident", but I know this can be difficult. Looking around it's easy to start feeling down when you see people who have skills you lack or who know more about a thing than you do.
    While we encourage learning and the pursuit of new skills, nobody is good at everything, and you will feel much happier with yourself, and much more confident about trying out for a role, if you focus on the things you are good at.
    There is always time to try and learn more things. Still having things to learn doesn't diminish what you already know. So go play out your strengths! c:

~Liren~ wrote:To anyone:
Which staff member did you look up to before you became part of the team?

Atwood! Still do, in fact. They're very calm, patient and reasonable when explaining things; I've always admired their great communication skills.
    I also look up to Draca and Simon a lot, though of course, since the latter joined at the same time as I did, it's not a "before becoming part of the team" thing^^
Last edited by Shinryu on Mon May 01, 2017 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lacke » Mon May 01, 2017 11:03 am

to anyone:

what is a book series or television series you're really into right now?
lacke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Mon May 01, 2017 11:33 am

To anyone:

Favourite meal?

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby princess » Mon May 01, 2017 12:07 pm

To anyone who has an OC! <3
Whats your favorite OC that you own?
keep buying stars!
♡ : niki / doe / rose ! (♡´◡` 人´◡ˋ ♡)
⌒⌒⌒⠀ ⠀legal⠀ ⠀&⠀⠀they / she / he +
trade thread.⠀⠀offsite thread.⠀⠀carrd.
Image⠀⠀Image
you bought a star in the sky tonight !

& in your manmade dark, the light ..
princess

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sun struck » Mon May 01, 2017 12:12 pm

Hi!
Does anyone use watercolor often..?
If so, do you have any tips..?
(I keep ending up smudging all my brushstrokes, mainly because they bother me, but in the end I wish I left some...;; and also..I take forever to finish a piece...;;)
If not, what's your favorite medium to use? Any tips with that..?
sun struck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby while it lasted. » Mon May 01, 2017 12:39 pm

to: anyone
hoard of art supplies or books?

𝗃𝖾𝗇𝗇 , 𝗌𝗁𝖾 /𝗁𝖾𝗋 , 𝖺𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗌
    student
    ⋯ back after a long break,

lost in a whirl of chaos
    pagan╷
while it lasted.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lacuna » Mon May 01, 2017 12:53 pm

Arya22 wrote:To any staff:
How long have you been a staff member for?

Since March 8, 2014!
smofir. wrote:To anyone:
Favourite meal?

Egg bagel sandwich with cheddar cheese, tomato, spinach, and turkey. That counts as a meal right? There are a lot of food groups on there lol.
salty potato. wrote:

to all: what is your moral alignment?

Somewhere between lawful neutral and true neutral.
moyashi. wrote:
      to anyone,
      what would be your favorite type of tree?
      c:

I was like OBSESSED with willow trees when I was a kid. I had never actually seen one in person (just read them described in books) but I thought you could just like live under the drooping branches lol. Now, any kind of tree that flowers and/or grows fruit.
The Succulent Queen wrote:To anyone: What was your first goal on cs and did you ever meet it?

To collect all PPS pets, and yes I did!
my demon side wrote:to: anyone

If I was a dragon I would be sleeping on a hoard of paperbacks.
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ethulai » Mon May 01, 2017 1:15 pm

your best nightmare wrote:To anyone; if you could live in any fictional universe, which would it be?

Either World of Warcraft or Kingdom Hearts.
~Graceful Fox~ wrote:
To: Anyone ^^

What was your favorite childhood cartoon ? I recently binged on an Ed Edd n Eddy marathon and it made me curious what other shows people may have been fond of ^^ Ah I do miss the good old Cartoon Network and Boomerang <3

*ponders* Cartoons were always somehow more impressive when I was younger. I've watched a lot throughout my life but only the ones I thought were particularly funny or different have really stayed with me; Stickin' Around, Scooby Doo, The Fairly Odd Parents, Johnny Bravo, Inspector Gadget, Daria, The Wild Thornberrys, The Angry Beavers, Captain Planet, Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, Count Duckula...
↞ Đɇfɇnđɇɍ ↠ wrote:
    To anyone;;

Favorite childhood video game (That's not pokemon)?

Donkey Kong Country (Super Nintendo) <3
endless shelter;; wrote:To all,
Do you like utonagans?

I do! They're gorgeous!
Fabio wrote:Any.:

What do you probably do most in your free time? (besides cs)

I like being outside so taking the dogs for walks, trying out new cafes, going to markets, meadering around the hills/on the beach etc.
my demon side wrote:to: anyone

ALL OF TEH BOOKS!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
┌───────────────┐

💀 // 💀 // 💀 // 💀
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Everyday is Halloween
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
"Hell is empty and all the devils are here."
- Shakespeare, The Tempest

└───────────────┘
Ethulai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Simon » Mon May 01, 2017 1:30 pm

Dolce Owl wrote:To: Everyone <3

(ooh shiny new thread :3)

Do you have any advice/words for all those who aspire to be mods/helpers in the future? :D

Be genuine, honest and helpful. Not because you want a colored name, but because you actually enjoy helping out. It's really clear to me who is just putting on a show to try and look helpful.

If you don't actually enjoy CS or helping out I can pretty much guarantee you wouldn't last very long in one of our positions. Our jobs can be very difficult so you definitely need to have that passion.
Simon
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moondust405 » Mon May 01, 2017 2:21 pm

To: Anyone who would like to answer,