Guide To *Nice* Trade Rules

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: My Guide To *Nice* Trade Rules

Postby Clowesia » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:09 pm

Omg, thank you for making this! xD I often never send a trade because of someones over-agressive rules. I also think "Hidden words" that you need to put into your trade message is so stupid. Plus, it's a waste of time. :/

You are my Senpai
    My only Senpai
    You give me dokis
    When seas are grey
    You'll never notice me
    But I still love you
    You're sugoi, kawaii desu ne~♥
Clowesia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nico » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:35 pm

If it's not in a trade group, it's not for trade.

Wishlist Only trade group is quite deliberately locked to wish list only offers.

I do prefer true dates and am in no particular rush.

For true-date wish list pets, go nuts in any of my trade groups. I will probably overpay.

For Commons & Uncommons trade groups, it's "Like for Like" offers, please.

C$ pets I usually buy for myself. I may be casually interested in retired C$ pets.

It's rare I will send a blank/empty trade. I think you're worth the effort of checking your wishlist. I would greatly appreciate the same consideration.

Have fun, be nice & good luck! :D

I've had a lil tweak towards the less fierce. 8-)
Note to Mods: Posie’s my daughter
You have collected every pet ever released!
"A little nonsense now & then is relished by the wisest men." ~R Dahl~
Nico

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takora Drakan » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:08 am

I thought since others asked I wanted also to ask for advice for my trade rules. I wondered if I worded my trade rules not understandable or confusing, since people always go to my rare/special trades folder with the hoard pets I collect, when I wrote that I don't trade pets from my rare/special trades folder for hoard pets.

1.) The only pets for trade are the ones in my groups called TRADES and Rares/Specials for Trade. I DO NOT appreciate trades asking for free pets (I am not a adoption center). So don't send me trades asking for free pets!

2.) Don't send me trades with messages like "what you want for this pet/item". I have specified in my trade thread what I want. I you fail to follow this rule I will cancel your trade without bothering to answear.

3.) My items are generally not for trade, unless you offer a wishlist pet. (NOT HOARD PETS)

4.) Before sending me a trade, look in my Trade Thread and Wishlist. You can also send me a PM to ask me about a specific pet.

5.) Since I have got latetly much of these trades a new rule: DON'T ASK FOR RARES WHEN YOU OFFER HOARD PETS. PERIOD! Just because I put them on my wishlist does not mean I give my rares for them. To see what are my hoard pets check my trade thread. I am not trading pets from my special/rare group for hoard pets.

6.) When you want pets from me, keep them in the same year. I will NOT trade for example a 2008 uncommon for a 2009 one. Except you offer me a wishlist pet (Note: NOT HOARD PETS).

7.) If I cancel your trade, don't PM and whine at me why I canceled it. I had a reason; deal with it!

Happy trading! And please, try not to make me mad with some crazy trades.

Probably I worded something wrong, but english is not my mother tongue, and so I make often grammer mistakes or word the sentences wrong. D:
Pet Spotlight:
Pet's name: Xylona
Trades - Looking for all kinds of Dragons!
Takora Drakan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Memories » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:44 am

Added a new section to the bottom of the guide, right under the tips section.
Memories

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby albinoBroccoli » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:49 am

Great guide! I would suggest that people don't put in a bunch of codewords that are really annoying and make you keep deleting and trying to figure out which one to type. I had that problem some of the time. Actually, codewords in general piss me off.

charactersdatumblrask.fm

on hiatus
albinoBroccoli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby A-train » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:45 pm

Hey, are mine okay? ^.^;

Mememe! XD wrote:trades are currently open
I'm reorganizing and sorting through my Trades groups, and I'm also looking through my account to make sure no super rare duplicates are hiding anywhere. I did that just the other day, and I found a few extra VR Cake Dogs and Tess Horses that had been hiding in there for a year or so now!
I'm also sortig through my unsorted pets (The Gathering) group. Chances are, if you check back in a few days, there will be some pretty nifty new pets in my Trades groups that were hidden before! So, please have patience! ;D However, if you really think you have a good offer, go ahead and, well, offer away! ^.^;

Please try to send fair trades. If you aren't sure, go to the Fair Trade Thread and ask there.
Also, just because a June '10 pet is Uncommon, does not mean it's worth an October '08 Uncommon. Same for Rares, Very Rares, Very Commons, and Commons.
There are hard to get Rares, and easy to get Very Rares. There are hard to get Commons, and some Uncommons which are easier to get than Very Commons. It depends on the pet! I will probably edit your trade and add a few more pets if I feel it isn't fair, on either side.
Have some sense when you send a trade! If you aren't sure, do your best, and I'll attempt to make it fair. ^.^;

Do not send trades on my auction pets!
I'm getting tired of constantly canceling trades for my pets in auctions. I have the link to my auctions thread in my signature; if you absolutely must have a pet from there, please offer on my auction!

I'm a lazy trader at times.
The urge to trade may hit me full-force one week, then I might seem to disappear off the face of the earth for five weeks straight. If I don't answer your trades, please don't get mad; I probably just don't have the time or patience to edit the trade, I don't want to trade at all, or I'm on vacation on a not-so-good computer and can't trade for safety/computer-tech reasons. There are other reasons, of course, like that I forget to check my trades - it's happened more than once that I didn't check my trades for days, and then I got a message crying, "Please look at my trade!"
Oh, yeah, that reminds me: Please don't cancel with rude messages if I don't reply.
Like I said up there, I may be online, but my urge to trade may have disappeared, or I just don't feel like doing anything right then. It may also happen that I'm considering your offer. Please don't send me PMs asking me to check the trade! I feel harassed and will be more likely to cancel your trade.

Please send a message with your trade!
I understand if you're a COPPA user and can't send a message; it will tell me "This user cannot send a message" with your trade if that is true. HOWEVER, if you are not COPPA'd and you don't send any message, I'll cancel without a message! Of course, if the trade is good, I won't cancel without a message - I might accept - but please make your intentions clear! It really makes an impression on a trader if you introduce yourself, say hi, and then make your proposition.

Please no chat-speak in trade messages.
Really, I would prefer if I could actually read your message, you know! :P I'm a hardcore literate role-player and just overall a literate person, so I'd appreciate if you could take the time to make sure your trade messages are readable. ^.^;

I don't want store pets!
Right now, I'm not collecting store pets, and dragons are not really my top priority, either. Sorry for the inconvenience! ^.^;

For my VR pets like Toxics and August/July '08s, I only want other VR pets on my wishlist for them, or (and this is the best) other pets of the same month, even if they aren't on my wishlist!
I am sick and tired of having to explain to people that, no, I do not WANT their 20 Rares from '10 because I want Very Rares from '08.... XD So please try to offer fairly! ^.^;

I hope you read these rules! ^.^; KTHNXBAI. Have you noticed how I just used text speak once? >:D Anyways, enjoy! ^.^; Happy trading! :3

Please help me make them at least *somewhat* nicer~! :3
Feeling a bit down? Want a free pet? You may pick one pet from this group here :>)

Howling ghosts they reappear
In mountains that are stacked with fear
But you're a king and I'm a lionheart

And in the sea that's painted black,
Creatures lurk below the deck
But you're the king and I'm a lionheart
A-train

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby qwertyuiop123 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:51 am

I actually don't really mind long rules. my rules aren't THAT long, but many people think so. c'mon, avoid a cancelled trade by spending about a minute reading rules!

I really like the way you listed the "problem" and showed people how to fix it (: keep up the great work!

༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺ find me by the sea ༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻
ImageImage
My WishlistWant to chat? PM me! :)Send a trade? :3

༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺ or swimming in the ocean ༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻
qwertyuiop123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Memories » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:30 am

Bumping so it doesn't get deleted..
Memories

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neku » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:47 am

I agree that this thread needs to stay up >: It needs to be seen, especially lately. I've seen some pretty cruel trade rules as of late =/
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Neku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Screaming-Data » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:56 am

I have to say that hyper aggressive rules were a huge deterrent (and still are sometimes) to getting out there and starting to trade as a semi-new player. I think I'm going into my fourth month now and have my feet wet, but I'm still getting a feel for not just the usual value of pets and items, pets for items, how many of one rarity equals a rarity up, and then accounting for the type of pet (rat vs dog for instance). @.@ Its enough to make a newbie's head implode, especially since I'm usually trying to to trade as fairly as I can for pets I wasn't around to get in the first place.

So when I come across someone who is belittling in their trade rules, all RAWR I WILL FOE, I don't even bother, even if I do have pets from their wishlist. My biggest pet peeve though, really, is the "do not ever ever ever make trades on Group X I won't ever trade them ever never ever!" rule. If it is that much of a problem...disable the group? Maybe?

I personally use my trade settings for 3 things -
Communicating how I juggle value, communicating my guidelines for my trade groups, and listing the items I have available for trade. (I -really- wish there was a way to have an item wishlist and/or groups like for pets. That would be so helpful.)

Had to toss my two cents in there. :P Be nice in your rules, it makes a newbie feel more comfortable and welcome!

----------------------------------------------------
♪♫ [Story Time]-[Data-Dogs]-[Datasets] ♫♪
----------------------------------------------------
Screaming-Data

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me