Recent Rarity Change List [January Update in progress!!]

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Recent Rarity Change List/Discussion

Postby Minimanta » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:03 am

Discord wrote:
Minimanta wrote:
Aurora Storm wrote:I knew they would change soon, but I didn't expect that one would. From what I remember, the natural coloured bats and the skelebat were the most popular. But I guess that wasn't the case.

But popularity doesn't always have something to do with rarity =3 (Shima Longtail... Need I say more? X3 )
I don't remember what bats were harder to get but I'm honestly not surprised they're starting to go very rare now.
They were token bought and with a total of 10 bats from the same cage it's not really that surprising that one of them changed now.

Actually, in this case, it does. Since the bats were token-bought, the amout of people willing to spend their tokens on them had an heavy impact on how many there are on the site. Needless to say, an unpopular event pet quickly becomes rarer.

The amout of outcomes also played its role well. Considering the presence of these two factors (lol nerdy wording), the rarity change wasn't -that- surprising IMHO.

The Shima Longtail's a regular adopt and thus an entirely different case.

Yes, I know that. But what I mean is, we couldn't choose what bat we wanted. If we bought a cage we could get either of the 10 outcomes. So just because one bat was more popular than the other bats, doesn't necessarily mean that it was rarer.
So in this case it's exactly like any regular litter.

But I agree with you. I'm not surprised at all that they're starting to change now =3
And it's really not that quick a change, I mean they are from Halloween 2010..
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xXFoxfaceToastXx » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:38 am

Excuse me if it's been noted or is a false alarm but wasn't this very rare til recently? I looked at it just now it I'm sure it wasn't rare before
"I am merely ancient beast
wanting only for my time to rest
and though dragons may envy my size
I am jealous of the beetle's eyes."
xXFoxfaceToastXx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Leopardy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:48 am

xXFoxfaceToastXx wrote:Excuse me if it's been noted or is a false alarm but wasn't this very rare til recently? I looked at it just now it I'm sure it wasn't rare before

This one was never VR.
It turned from Uncommon to Rare a few updates ago ;3
Leopardy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby animallov3r » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:49 am

xXFoxfaceToastXx wrote:Excuse me if it's been noted or is a false alarm but wasn't this very rare til recently? I looked at it just now it I'm sure it wasn't rare before

yeah It was rare...*throuws another dreamie that I thought I could get, out the window :(

Pet's name: Stanley The Mascott^_^
Click him to go to the Gift Ninja's thread ^_^
animallov3r

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lkjhgfdsamnbvcxz » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:02 am

Minimanta wrote:
Discord wrote:
Minimanta wrote:But popularity doesn't always have something to do with rarity =3 (Shima Longtail... Need I say more? X3 )
I don't remember what bats were harder to get but I'm honestly not surprised they're starting to go very rare now.
They were token bought and with a total of 10 bats from the same cage it's not really that surprising that one of them changed now.

Actually, in this case, it does. Since the bats were token-bought, the amout of people willing to spend their tokens on them had an heavy impact on how many there are on the site. Needless to say, an unpopular event pet quickly becomes rarer.

The amout of outcomes also played its role well. Considering the presence of these two factors (lol nerdy wording), the rarity change wasn't -that- surprising IMHO.

The Shima Longtail's a regular adopt and thus an entirely different case.

Yes, I know that. But what I mean is, we couldn't choose what bat we wanted. If we bought a cage we could get either of the 10 outcomes. So just because one bat was more popular than the other bats, doesn't necessarily mean that it was rarer.
So in this case it's exactly like any regular litter.

But I agree with you. I'm not surprised at all that they're starting to change now =3
And it's really not that quick a change, I mean they are from Halloween 2010..

I meant the popularity of the entire litter. x3

I'm not sure whether this one was meant to be rarer than its littermates (if it was, the others will turn VR in no sooner than a few months) or it happened by random chance (just like in the Black Pointy-eared Border Collie's case - it went Very Rare one month before all other 08 advents).
Last edited by lkjhgfdsamnbvcxz on Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
lkjhgfdsamnbvcxz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xXFoxfaceToastXx » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:04 am

A little question, the rarities is effected by number, so does that mean some people are deleting pets and that's how they turn up a rarity?
xXFoxfaceToastXx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cilesia Airell » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:06 am

xXFoxfaceToastXx wrote:A little question, the rarities is effected by number, so does that mean some people are deleting pets and that's how they turn up a rarity?

It's possible, but I think it's generally just the total number of pets in circulation (not just that specific outcome) coupled with the growing number of users.
"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."
~William Shakespeare

Cilesia Airell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xXFoxfaceToastXx » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:16 am

Cilesia Airell wrote:
xXFoxfaceToastXx wrote:A little question, the rarities is effected by number, so does that mean some people are deleting pets and that's how they turn up a rarity?

It's possible, but I think it's generally just the total number of pets in circulation (not just that specific outcome) coupled with the growing number of users.

That’s a relief, thinking back on the christmas advent thing where pets go back to omgsr after their very rare fluctuation. I was thinking, “who on earth would be deleting sunjewels? It can’t be but why would they go back to omgsr after?”

I guess if the system counts the ones being traded it makes sense, while the populace ‘at rest’ are kinda dead numbers.
xXFoxfaceToastXx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Calix » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:17 am

xXFoxfaceToastXx wrote:
Cilesia Airell wrote:

That’s a relief, thinking back on the christmas advent thing where pets go back to omgsr after their very rare fluctuation. I was thinking, “who on earth would be deleting sunjewels? It can’t be but why would they go back to omgsr after?”

I guess if the system counts the ones being traded it makes sense, while the populace ‘at rest’ are kinda dead numbers.

Wait..what? You can't delete pets. Rarities go up because more users are joining and that effects how many pets per user there are.

I was mistaken, very sorry for that.
Last edited by Calix on Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Art Shop: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4788164
currently closed
Calix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby theo, » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:22 am

.August wrote:
Wait..what? You can't delete pets. Rarities go up because more users are joining and that effects how many pets per user there are.

You can delete pets ^^ It might be because of that ^^
Attachments
x.png
Actually,it's possible c:
x.png (3.98 KiB) Viewed 134 times
theo,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups