The "Is this a fair trade?" Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: The "Is this a fair trade?" Thread

Postby Madel » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:09 pm

Kaii. wrote:Is a sun back fair for a pps dragon cat + UR holly? Thanks!

╔══════════════════════╗
Mads | He/It | Adult
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Wildlife scientist working in
animal rehabilitation and
rescue. I'm often busy with
work but feel free to DM or
trade me regardless!
Always looking for
macaws, dragons, and wl pets.
Image Image
╚═════════════════════╝
Madel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainSpank » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:13 pm

polari wrote:Please try to avoid giving out misinformation, it can cause some confusion in smaller trades like this. this trade was unfair to them, but good overpay to the person who received it.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "true rare" ? almost every rare from events (summer, halloween, christmas, etc) are gained through trading in tokens, which aren't technically free but still arent incredibly hard to get. they're still just regular rares, and should be valued as regular rares. most people go by the 1-year rule, meaning an uncommon from the year before is fair for a rare of the current year, so in this case a 2016 uncommon would be fair for a 2017 rare. their 2015 uncommon is slight overpay, theyre both casual event dogs, the purple isn't anything special-- especially as a recent rare. most people are willing to trade their recent rares for older uncommons and vice versa.

as for the rest of the trade, i would say the 1-year rule somewhat still applies, but the lion and the dragon are only a few months apart. slightly outside of the 3-month rule, but at first glance, most people would still value the lion as a '13 uncommon and the dragon as a '14 rare. if you dont care about the tiny technicalities of dates, the lion alone would be fair for the dragon, as dragons and lions both have good demand. even if you do care about the technicalities, the other uncommons easily make up the gap, even with lower demand of rodents.

>>>

it's not unfair to them rarity wise, not even slightly. No matter how you calculate it, going by the most common trade rules of cs, its unfair to the other person. if you dont like the 1-year rule or the 3-month-gap, then most people use the 2:1 ratio. 2 of those '15 uncommons = 1 '14 uncommon, two '14 uncommons = 1 '14 rare. not including demand, just the pps caterpillers would technically be fair rarity wise.

i see the trade was already accepted, so as long as both op and their partner are happy with it, its not a big deal. but other people use this thread for reference, so i thought it'd probably be good to clear up miscommunications here ^^ ;

OK, Thanks for the Reply, @polari, very first time I posted on the 'Fair Trade', (and probably last time, I thought I was helping other Players, but I get directly some "Please try to avoid giving out misinformation"), I thought those were "easy" Trades I could assess "for sure" after playing for 5 years now, I didn't expect to go directly into some "Argument"... :shock:

I still find the Trade in this Post a mini-bit Unfair for Poster by about 2x 2014 Xmas Pets..., strictly Rarity-wise... (But compensated by 'Dragon' Species and Number of Pets on the other Side, the Final Trade looked perfect to me, for both Sides, or I've been playing this Game completely wrongly since 5 years, oops...!)

Maybe some "Advanced" (= Older) Player can give some "Judgement"...?

EDIT: Difficult with several Levels of Quotes, only 3 allowed...
"Pragmatic Thinker"...
I don't try to read anymore when Users use ']Size=85[' (or smaller...!) on the Forum or in their Trade Rules..., as this is completely unreadable on Desktop in any Browser...!
In the Jungle/Forest/Cave...!: wrote:CaptainSpank is hanging upside-down from lianas, wondering how that happened...!
Oh no!, a snake in the grass! CaptainSpank jumps out of the way and hides behind a mushroom...!

I usually have Sigs turned OFF, (except Events), because of too many heavy ('.gif') Pix (metered Connection, I pay per Mb), and I don't want to know the SPR Orientation of other Players on a Game Site...
Current (Easter 2024): Sigs turned ON...!
(Total blocked (approx): 24.2Gb.)

The Pets from my 'Special & Rare Pets' Group are open for (nice!) Trades / True Date Swaps...

Dreamie(s)...!):
- Fishes - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Bats - (=> 17 missing...!)
- Owls - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Staff Dogs - [2010-2019] COMPLETED...!! (Missing 2x [2020] + 2x [2021].)
"Big" Dreamies: Animal Eggs [#1-#4](2009) + 'Husky'(2014). (Missing x4+1 in total...)
All Animal Eggs I already have are visible in this Group, with their corresponding Pet...

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SeaCrest » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:28 pm

CaptainSpank wrote:I still find the Trade in this Post a mini-bit Unfair for Poster by about 2x 2014 Xmas Pets..., strictly Rarity-wise... (But compensated by 'Dragon' Species and Number of Pets on the other Side, the Final Trade looked perfect to me, for both Sides, or I've been playing this Game completely wrongly since 5 years, oops...!)

Unless trading pets on the (discontinued) Rares List or certain pets with high demand like Shima Longtails or Zodiacs, here are the general guidelines most users follow:
    ○ If the pets are the same year, it's 2:1 as you go up the rarity scale
      e.g. 2 commons = 1 uncommon, 2 uncommons = 1 rare
      Caveat: some users value it as 4 uncommons to 1 rare of the same year
    ○ If the pets are not the same year but are the same rarity, it's 2:1 for each year in between as you go older
      e.g. 2 2019 commons = 1 2018 common
    ○ If the pets are neither the same year nor the same rarity, both of the above rules need to be applied to calculate the equivalency
      e.g. 4 2019 commons = 2 2019 uncommons = 1 2018 uncommon

Store pets are valued differently, and you can find the generally accepted value for them by searching one of the "Is this a fair trade?" threads, which is what I do!

Advice given here is meant to be more empirical. Personal preference like species demand is entirely subjective, and therefore not something we generally do here; that's up to the traders themselves. Most trades not involving high-value pets and items are valued solely on rarity and year alone.
Last edited by SeaCrest on Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
SeaCrest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SeriousBusiness » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:00 pm

Last edited by SeriousBusiness on Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
•─────────────♢˖°˖˖°˖♢─────────────•
♤♡♢ 𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 ♢♡♤
SeriousBusiness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _.mustard._ » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:06 pm

I am a very friendly person and love helping people!

-I love Rare, VR and OMGSR Trades! Thank You To all Those Who Gift Me!-
_.mustard._

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eneynde » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:10 pm

Is this fair? Any opinions?
Eneynde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritthesly » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:11 pm

Im awful at understanding lists-- how is this trade?
I love.

Check out my art accounts!
Instagram @Spirit_The_Sly
Deviantart @SpiritTheSly
Spiritthesly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SeriousBusiness » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:11 pm

_.mustard._ wrote:https://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=83906817&userid=942822&signature=yE-FEtKr3pS8OAa9HoEJcQ

Is this fair?
Please help asap

well the pets alone is pretty fair since 2 2010 rares = 1 2009 rare and a 2009 vr = 2 2009 rares so since they're trading 4 2010 rares they're technically trading 2 2009 rares so yeah
Image Image Image
•─────────────♢˖°˖˖°˖♢─────────────•
♤♡♢ 𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 ♢♡♤
SeriousBusiness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Horror » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:21 pm

Spiritthesly wrote:Im awful at understanding lists-- how is this trade?

if were using the list in this trade then pink sept = 4 mid advents, your side just roughly adds up to around that, so this can be considered fair to both sides

Endoo wrote:Is this fair? Any opinions?

2015 store = (mid) 09 rare
2 2017 stores = 2 (early) 2010 rares = (early) 09 rare

pretty close to fair to both sides or just slightly unfair to them if anything

╔═══════════════════════╗

╚═══════════════════════╝

_人人人人人人人人人_
)ixx寄らないでよ !xix(
) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(
)  xxxHELLO ‼︎ xxx (
 ̄Y^Y^Y^Y^Y^Y^Y^ ̄

Horror