Favorite unpopular/rare/discontinued linearts?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Favorite unpopular/rare/discontinued linearts?

Postby horchata » Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:42 am

had to trawl through some olddd threads for this but i really miss the old horse lineart

(comparison for the below horse to now)

i understand the changes had to happen for copyright issues but i really loved the old pose and i feel that maybe the ratio for the mane and tail with the body was more appealing? i love the current horse lineart with mane and tail edits (like the friesians from 2010) and the ones where their body is a bit edited (like the arabians)

ImageImage

i also miss when one of my fave pets (bluey) had this design

still love him!! and i overall like the change because i feel like it's allowed the range of ponies we have now more than the above. like i LOVE LOVE the cows

also agree with the consensus on this thread about the rat lineart - they are so cute like this!!

a gardener told me some plants move
───────
libra - hufflepuff - infp
forum game!

───────
but i could not believe it

horchata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jhftR » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:53 pm

Ziggy Stardust wrote:I miss the old draft horse and fennec fox linearts 🥲 but i understand why they had to go

Why did they have to go?
jhftR

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jhftR » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:54 pm

Ziggy Stardust wrote:I miss the old draft horse and fennec fox linearts 🥲 but i understand why they had to go

Why did they have to go? What did foxes 1.0 look like?
jhftR

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Shattered one » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:55 pm

I like the old ones too but I don't see why they can't bring them back? they're far more realistic

J̷̧̠̦̺͆͊̐̐̈̽̽̃̈́ǔ̶̘̠͖̪̺̻͈̭̪̊͐͒̍ͅṣ̴̢͕̪̫͇͇̞̠͂̈̀ţ̶̢̬̗̫̰̀̈́̍ ̴̡̖̱̝̝̟͎̪̗̍̾͊̊͆b̷̨̭͓͇̅̋̌ͅę̴̯̪̰͎̼̖͌̈́͋̂̒̑̐͊̑c̷̨̬̜͌á̴̜͝ư̷̡͍̯̫̾̎̃̀̀́͂̀ś̶̛͉̕̚ē̸̖̹̹͔̫̪̣̔́͂̂͌̈͜͜͜ ̶̢̛̅̓͝͠͝Ị̶̆̀ ̵̨̢̛̱̭̘̘̭̝̏̍͗̈̑͂ͅs̶̖͕͍̉̄̋̀͛̀̈͗͐a̵̟̞͓͚͚̓̾̀̉͠y̸̹̎́͆̀̒́̕͝͝ ̵̢̠̖̄͋͛̕͠͝Ȋ̷̢̜̬̺͙̫͒̓̅̓͑̅̈́̋̚'̸̼̜̻͔̭̥͘m̸̢̤͎͚̺̪͛̓̈́ ̶͓̥͈̀̀ḃ̴͉̃̈́r̴̖̜̣̘͑̕ͅó̴̻͎͚̣̠͖͍̈́̈́̎͒͌̈ḵ̴̢̝̱͈͎͂̋͗͜e̴̻͕̺̟̽̊̐̆̚n̶̪̞͕̐̓̅̏̒ ̶̢̡͉͉̼̠͉̠͔͚̂́͝d̶̛͕̲̲̀̅͗͐͑̓̆o̸̟͕͂́͊̆̐͑̏̄͘͜ë̸̘̪̭̦͙̱̫̞̲́͆s̴̩͉̫̈͋ṉ̶̢͔̙̻͕͍͐̂̓̒͒͂̽͜'̶̬̯̥̿̐̂̓̏ť̴͓̲̦̩̩̿̒͊͋͐̍͜͝ ̷̫͉̫̘͙͇̺͆͐͊̉̈̈́m̶̛͖̺͙̣̎̆͊̈́̃̽͋ë̶͓́̓͠ǎ̵̼̥̓͑͝n̸͚͖͙̜̠̭͖̔̈́ ̶̢̦̪͎̠͙͕͛̂̓̌͐̊̅̽Į̶͕̩̲̭̪̄̇ ̸̡͙̋̉́̈͝͝a̶͇͉̫̜̾̄̕m̸̧͍̀́̋̒̈́̾͊̚̚͝

[/size]
]
Ṅ̵̨̢̜̤͕͑̓͛͘͝ḙ̴̢͓͓͗͋̓v̵̝͉̄͛̑ę̷̛̼̟̩̯͖̈́ͅr̷̥̼̾̆ ̶̥̤͖̗̈́͊f̵̯͖̭̬̲̒̈̍̍ų̷̨̛̙̜͎̘̲̩̩̆͐̀̎̾͌̋l̴̗͎͙̙̻̻̬̱͂̽̑̄̓̐͗̉͝l̷̢̘̣̤̹͚̝̤̒̈́̓ͅy̸̨̘̗̮̙̽ ̴̪͈̹͌̋̌̿̈̄͂̊͜͝͝d̸̛̛͖̖͕̭͎̼̖͉̓̃̇̃̈́̚͠͝r̶͖̖͔̤̀̋͊̉͜͝ͅͅe̸̛̟̥̿̌̑͗̐̅̈́͜͝ͅs̴̫͓̜̘̆͆̋͆͑̚s̶̨̼̞̺̯̰̘̗̊͝ě̵̡̗̣͔̗̠͙̅̈́͑̈́͘d̸͈̋́̓̐͑̎͘̚ ̴̞͇̩̫̪͍̼͍̜̪͊̍͛͗ẁ̷̡̡̥̻͕̠̪̞̿̑̑͐͌͂́͘͜ͅi̴̧̨͕͉͉̯̖͑̌͑͋͛͜ț̸̅̉̋͒̆͌͊̒̒͝h̴̨͈̥̻̞͉̜̻̊ó̷̘̞̲̜̥͓͎̙̗̞̀̓̀͌̈́̑̂͘̚ù̸͙̻̽̅t̷̛̮̣̪̣̜̲̜͉̉̚ ̴̧̧̝͓̟͉̣̞̌͌́͒̓̈̿̚͝ͅá̶̢͇͇͚͔̯̪̫͙ ̶̧̛̙͙̞̥̏̈͆̓͒̊̕S̵̮̗̳̓͂m̴̞͉͕̖̰̏͑̊̎̚ĭ̶̺͖͈̭̍͆̀̄͛͝ḷ̸̨̧͓͕̳̼̎̊̊́͐̃͘̚e̶̠̱͕̗̪̘̽͝

Trade me.
Message me.
Comissions art trades.
1C$ Free Shop.
https://toyhou.se/JackFr0st
ImageImage
The Shattered one

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ziggy Stardust » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:24 pm

jhftR wrote:

Why did they have to go? What did foxes 1.0 look like?

Jack-Frost wrote:I like the old ones too but I don't see why they can't bring them back? they're far more realistic

this is what the old fennec foxes looked like. The reason they and the draft horses were retired had to do with some issues involving lineart theft, hence why they can't re-introduce them.
If your interested in learning more, this thread has links to more photos of retired linearts, as well as links to older threads involving the lineart issues.
i like chickensmoothie :^)

silly little storage
Ziggy Stardust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FreddyCenobite » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:17 am

Jack-Frost wrote:I like the old ones too but I don't see why they can't bring them back? they're far more realistic

To make a long story short:
There is a post about this very buried somewhere, but I believe it was Tess made a post asking everyone if we wanted to keep the original (equimagine) lines or update them to lines already in existence. It pretty quickly came out that equimagine had found horse images on google, traced them for I believe inspiration, and then forgot they did so and submitted the lines as is. Even though so many people wanted the original lines of equimagine's to stay, the staff had no choice but to update them to lines already existing due to the copyright issues that surfaced.

I remember the post being about the horse lines, but I think to be extra safe, all equimagine lines were updated because of this.

I do remember someone (in the staff) said something along the lines of "If you like the original lines, save a picture of them." This sounds harsh to say, but it wasn't meant to be, I just forgot the rest of the comment. I remember I kept the image of the original roadkill PPS, but if I still have it, it's long buried.

As for the Malk lines, that was sadly before my time. Even though I like the ones current, the old ones seem way cooler! Especially the owls!
Basic info:
Pet of the moment:

Disabled adult She/Her Dog mom Ex-retiree
Movie geek Horror fan Halloween lover
My hoards Trade thread Offsite thread
My FRHow close I am to a full CS set
RIP my little butthead ♥️
CS TikoMy Tiko

If I haven’t responded to offer(s), it means I’m thinking
Last half of my user: Sen-uh-bite (send without the “d”)
Prefer no random PMs unless it's about offers
FreddyCenobite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horchata » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:27 pm

FreddyCenobite wrote:

To make a long story short:
There is a post about this very buried somewhere, but I believe it was Tess made a post asking everyone if we wanted to keep the original (equimagine) lines or update them to lines already in existence. It pretty quickly came out that equimagine had found horse images on google, traced them for I believe inspiration, and then forgot they did so and submitted the lines as is. Even though so many people wanted the original lines of equimagine's to stay, the staff had no choice but to update them to lines already existing due to the copyright issues that surfaced.

I remember the post being about the horse lines, but I think to be extra safe, all equimagine lines were updated because of this.

I do remember someone (in the staff) said something along the lines of "If you like the original lines, save a picture of them." This sounds harsh to say, but it wasn't meant to be, I just forgot the rest of the comment. I remember I kept the image of the original roadkill PPS, but if I still have it, it's long buried.

As for the Malk lines, that was sadly before my time. Even though I like the ones current, the old ones seem way cooler! Especially the owls!

thanks so much for this! wow, i love the old malk wolf lines so much. i like the updated style but i really like the old pose. the old dogs were so cute as well. also omg the lineart for the old fennecs in this post.... sooo cute

here's a post with all the equimagine lines and comparison to the picture they were copied from. i totally forgot drafts used to look like this! so nostalgic
a gardener told me some plants move
───────
libra - hufflepuff - infp
forum game!

───────
but i could not believe it

horchata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunbeargirl » Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:10 pm

Today's birthday pets adopt has so many Malk lines, including mystery cage pets! I'm enthralled to see what is to come from those because Malk lines are my favourite! :D
¸¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩·¯·♬¸¸ ¸¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩·¯·♬¸¸ ¸¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩·¯·♬¸¸ ¸¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩·¯·♬¸¸ ¸¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩·¯·♬¸¸ ¸¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩·¯·♬¸¸
Hi! Call me Sunny! ☀️ My deviantART account is Sunbeargirl, too! ^^
My dream pet is the 2014 PPS White Cat-Dragon.🐲 Rats make lovely pets. 🐀 I'm a Christian! ✝
Please TRADE with me! 😁 I've been on here for years, so I have old pets available. :>
🐈 My WL is every pet I don't have yet. 🐕
ImageImage
Meet Streamsong and Flamespots!

Honestly, these cats stay in my signature because I've had them forever and I don't know where else to put them. They were made by ~SilverTabbyCat~.
Click my dragons? Image
¸¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩·¯·♬¸¸ ¸¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩·¯·♬¸¸ ¸¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩·¯·♬¸¸ ¸¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩·¯·♬¸¸ ¸¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩·¯·♬¸¸ ¸¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩·¯·♬¸¸
Sunbeargirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me