CS Pet Guide Project - Template added to 1st post

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: CS Pet Guide Project - Posting open

Postby ElementalInsanity » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:46 am

geometry wrote:
ElementalInsanity wrote:
Burrito Bunny wrote:I think it's important to include white Malk dragons wherever zebras are put. I think they are often over looked because there is no longer a Malk adoptable page, but they used to work like zebras.

Yeah I totally agree with this.

However I don’t think any demand should be included if this is going to be an informative history type of thing on the pets. Demand is relative and changes so much it’d be a pain to update.

I agree, however if this demand is based solely on rarity then what would make this guide different then the other two existing rarity projects that exist right now? Or is that whats being discussed currently? Either way I am always in support of people making their own trading projects so I'm interested to see where this goes o:

If you read the front it’s not supposed to be a trading guide. It’s going to be more of an informative one based off of facts and interesting things relating to their release information. You can look at the rough draft of the store pet one solloby made to get an idea of it.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cautiousculpeo » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:50 am

ElementalInsanity wrote:
geometry wrote:
ElementalInsanity wrote:

However I don’t think any demand should be included if this is going to be an informative history type of thing on the pets. Demand is relative and changes so much it’d be a pain to update.

I agree, however if this demand is based solely on rarity then what would make this guide different then the other two existing rarity projects that exist right now? Or is that whats being discussed currently? Either way I am always in support of people making their own trading projects so I'm interested to see where this goes o:

If you read the front it’s not supposed to be a trading guide. It’s going to be more of an informative one based off of facts and interesting things relating to their release information. You can look at the rough draft of the store pet one solloby made to get an idea of it.

i believe i was the one who updated this with the whole demand.
I wasnt sure if there was a physical factual way to determine demand due to the influx of trading etc in the system.
if not then i totally get that and i apologize for the suggestion!

| Twitch | she/her | adult user | married | Procreate | Pet Collector |
duck lover and proud muscovy mama of 4. i collect all the ducks and duck themed pets! trade with me!
I havent been active in a long time <3 but im getting back into it!

ImageImage
I am a holibomber! - I have gifted 20 people. I have received 21 gifts.
cautiousculpeo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby softpaw » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:13 am

ElementalInsanity wrote:
geometry wrote:
ElementalInsanity wrote:

I did read the front, it says "The purpose of this project is to build a guide that helps users identify the site's most valuable pets, and provides factual information about those pets to help users make educated trading decisions." that made it sound sound like a trading guide to me just without literally organizing the pets into a list. its not that I didn't read it lol

regardless my current understanding is that this is supposed to be a more elaborate version of the CS pet archive, is that correct?
softpaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kee; » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:22 am

As far as I was concerned, the idea of “trading decisions” was only included since users would be using this information to decided on/make trades.
    It’s purpose, as I understand, is to lost some of the most rare/valuable pets and give information about their release, how long they were available, etc. so users can take that information into consideration when they’re working out a trade.

-kee
𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍.
leo | she/her | athlete
american | vegetarian
𝐘𝐎𝐔.─────
song of the week:
with every wish by bruce springsteen
kee;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:36 am

Wow you guys have been busy overnight! Thank you for all the great input. I wasn't around for the dragon releases so I will need you guys to help with that section. I agree that as special releases they would belong with the zebras.

So how that means we are building info guides for:
Store pets
UR pets
Special releases (SR pets?)
08 pets
09 pets of note

I like that scope c:

When I get home tonight I can edit the wording of the store draft. Feel free to post wording for any parts of the guide, or anything you think could be worded better. Thanks for the rules text I saw posted earlier, great start for the intro post <3

Regarding the purpose and contents of this guide: it can contain trading guidance but must be based on logic or facts such as historical rarity tag information or release dates etc.

For demand there are some things we can mention such as green liontail being more popular (evidenced by its lower rarity tag meaning it was bought more). We should not be propogating rumours though. For example we should not mention that red Cerberus can go for a lot because that is likely a result of it being confused with orange Cerberus, since it's demand went up when orange went omgsr. It is easy to mistake them for littermates so it's understandable. But if we state in this informational guide that it is high demand, this will fuel its inflation incorrectly. So demand will be noted in this guide when it can, but we should try to be careful about including any information that may not be accurate, or may be harmful to the trading community. That is my view on demand, does it sound ok?

With that said... Should we make a note about red Cerberus going up in value in response to orange Cerberus to try and explain the anomaly in the store pet guide?
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinbreaker » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:12 pm

quick mark, I wasn't aware this was a project (although looks fairly new) I look forward to seeing where this goes!
XXXXXWe are all just stories in the end,
XXXXXXXSo make it a good one

X X FlightRising XPM Help
╔════════════════╗
Human, I wonder why
You're a better make then I
Could ever build or create.
You know of Love, I of Hate.
©

╚════════════════╝

A special thanks to my good friend DredgeTH and Sevil-S for drawing one of my characters each, who you will see rotate in and out of my signature.
Sinbreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:03 pm

Hi and welcome to the party!
Yes this is a very new project that aims to provide information about old and valuable pets so people can understand them better and make educated decisions about their value. This is where that store pet guide I previewed in your rarity thread will live c:

It's a pet identification and information guide is the best description I have. I liked the suggestion posted earlier for that to be in its name, but will that be too long? Both info and ID are long words unabbreviated.
Solloby

Help
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinbreaker » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:09 pm

Solloby wrote:Hi and welcome to the party!
Yes this is a very new project that aims to provide information about old and valuable pets so people can understand them better and make educated decisions about their value. This is where that store pet guide I previewed in your rarity thread will live c:

It's a pet identification and information guide is the best description I have. I liked the suggestion posted earlier for that to be in its name, but will that be too long? Both info and ID are long words unabbreviated.

"Pet Value Identification Guide" would be my suggestion. Since you would be explaining the pet and it's basic value by year/type/rarity/ect? Just a suggestion though CS Pet Guide as simple as it is, is also nice.
XXXXXWe are all just stories in the end,
XXXXXXXSo make it a good one

X X FlightRising XPM Help
╔════════════════╗
Human, I wonder why
You're a better make then I
Could ever build or create.
You know of Love, I of Hate.
©

╚════════════════╝

A special thanks to my good friend DredgeTH and Sevil-S for drawing one of my characters each, who you will see rotate in and out of my signature.
Sinbreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:28 pm

Oh I like that suggestion!
We haven't worked out the details yet, but I want it to have the same sort of feel and type of information imparted as the store pet guide draft.

This weekend I'm going to go back through this thread and collate name suggestions. I'll also try to polish up the store pet section and move it to the front page, then we can focus on either the special releases or the URs c:. I might also drop some links on the front page of resources we can refer to to help us build this guide. If anyone has any links that will help, please post them!
Solloby

Help
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:29 pm

Just want to add in I love that suggestion for a name that Sin gave. ^^